Author Topic: SAY HELLO TO OUR STRUGGLING TEENS TROLL  (Read 29536 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
SAY HELLO TO OUR STRUGGLING TEENS TROLL
« Reply #75 on: August 03, 2005, 11:03:00 AM »
Jesus christ people, it's a phone number. We all KNOW nobody has called it. Talk about making a big deal about nothing. And yes, Karen already proved it was her over here starting trouble, she got what she asked for. nothing more, nothing less. if the next troll makes their identity known over time, i expect the same to happen to them.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #76 on: August 03, 2005, 12:02:00 PM »
If I were her and did get some offensive calls---I'd be talking to lawyers and seeing how any new legislation regulating this kind of shit might be translated into suing the pants off the idiots who did the posting (or this site for allowing the number to remain)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #77 on: August 03, 2005, 12:31:00 PM »
On 2005-08-03 09:02:00, Anonymous wrote:

"If I were her and did get some offensive calls---I'd be talking to lawyers and seeing how any new legislation regulating this kind of shit might be translated into suing the pants off the idiots who did the posting (or this site for allowing the number to remain)"

:lol:  :lol:

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #78 on: August 03, 2005, 12:31:00 PM »

"If I were her and did get some offensive calls---I'd be talking to lawyers and seeing how any new legislation regulating this kind of shit might be translated into suing the pants off the idiots who did the posting (or this site for allowing the number to remain)"

We know you ARE the victim here, Karen.  :rofl:

Offline Troll Control

• View Profile
« Reply #79 on: August 03, 2005, 12:54:00 PM »

What do you mean "if I were her"?  Do you have multiple personalities, too?

And it seems your much-maligned four-letter vocabulary is expanding nicely.  At least you learned SOMETHING over here...

Now back under the bridge, troll!
The Linchpin Link

Whooter - The Most Prolific Troll Fornits Has Ever Seen - The Definitive Links
**********************************************************************************************************
"Looks like a nasty aspentrolius sticci whooterensis infestation you got there, Ms. Fornits.  I\'ll get right to work."

- Troll Control

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #80 on: August 03, 2005, 01:42:00 PM »
I'm not this Karen person, don't even know her.  I'm just saying that it's wrong to bother strangers by posting their numbers at a place like this. And I think if someone does this (or allows the number to remain) they ought to have to pay for inconveniencing the people they do this to.  I can't imagine why you would take issue with this

Offline Deborah

• View Profile
« Reply #81 on: August 03, 2005, 01:57:00 PM »
And how many more times do you need to make that point. I think we all got it the first time you expressed your opinion. What is this... four times now. We GOT IT. You'd like the poster of the phone number to have his/her pants sued off. Ain't happening. Give it a rest. Or go persue the creation of that legislation.
gt;>>>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<
Hidden Lake Academy, after operating 12 years unlicensed will now be monitored by the state. Access information on the Federal Class Action lawsuit against HLA here: http://www.fornits.com/wwf/viewtopic.php?t=17700

Offline BuzzKill

• View Profile
« Reply #82 on: August 03, 2005, 02:14:00 PM »
Well, wasn't this info posted publicly?
Its not as if someone has ferreted out this private information and made it public. It was publicly posted, by the very owner of the info in question.
All this Fornits poster did was copy and paste it over - which is done all the time, with all kinds of information found on the World Wide Web.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #83 on: August 03, 2005, 02:29:00 PM »
The phone number wasn't posted publicly.  Someone just made an educated guess.  It was wrong, mind you, but educated none the less...

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #84 on: August 03, 2005, 02:32:00 PM »
Thanks Deborah>

Now that you mention it, there are all sorts of things that go on at this site that will make good examples of why existing cyberstalking laws need to be expanded.

One group that has successfully lobbied for this already is WHOA which stands for Working to Halt Online Abuse, they have a website (http://www.haltabuse.org, I think) dedicated to helping victims fo cybercrimes.  It's founder, Jayne Hitchcock, started the group after she found that her name and telephone number had been distributed online without her permission. She's been heavily involved in hearings and legislation on this topic

Other sites offering advice to online stalking victims are:

Cyberangels (http://www.cyberangels.org/information/about_ca.html;

SafetyEd International (www.safetyed.org)

CyberSnitch (http://www.cybersnitch.net/)

There are currently federal and state laws that have been used successfully to try and convict cyberstalkers and harassers (there's a comprehensive list of federal statutes related to internet crime on the Dept. of Justice website)---but more are needed and I just bet that there are people here who can explain this in ways that will bring about change.

I suggest that anyone who has been stalked or harrassed here contact one of these sites and see what can be done---and also use your story to show Congress what needs to be done.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #85 on: August 03, 2005, 02:42:00 PM »
If you google CyberGuard and /or cyberstalking you get a lot of information on how cybercrime is defined, what the current laws (state and federal) are and ways to join the lobby for more laws and accountability.

Have a look!

Offline Deborah

• View Profile
« Reply #86 on: August 03, 2005, 02:47:00 PM »
If it were my decision, the number would've been removed immediately, but it's not.

Were you lumping all poster together with this comment?
"all sorts of things that go on at this site that will make good examples of why existing cyberstalking laws need to be expanded".

Things escalate, people do (to borrow the phrase from TSW) bone headed things. They're made right if there was indeed a violation of personal information or a law.

Do you have a personal complaint? Did someone here stalk you? What 'all sorts of things' are you refering to specifically?

Please don't ignore the question. You made an accusation. Back it up.
gt;>>>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<
Hidden Lake Academy, after operating 12 years unlicensed will now be monitored by the state. Access information on the Federal Class Action lawsuit against HLA here: http://www.fornits.com/wwf/viewtopic.php?t=17700

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #87 on: August 03, 2005, 02:56:00 PM »
"While crimial prosceution may be the best alternative for protection from cyberstalking, it may be possible to bring a successful claim under civil tort law.  Specifically, assault, intentional inflcition of emotional distress, and invasion of privacy may provide recourse to the victim.  While these alternatives will not result in the criminal punishment for the perpetrator, the economic penalties that are available may serve as a deterrent to prevent the stalker from continuing in his stalking"

That quote is from a really good online article "Cyberstalking--Is it Covered by Current Anti-Stalking Laws" by Craig Lee and Patrick Lynch.  They give a lot of good information and you can find the article by  googling their names and the title

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #88 on: August 03, 2005, 03:14:00 PM »
The post this is about is not stalking. This troll sure is persistent though!!  :roll: Nobody believes anything you say-- we all know nothing illegal, not even close to illegal, has taken place. Karens little feewings hurt?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #89 on: August 03, 2005, 03:16:00 PM »
More complaining from people who put too much info out on themselves. Boo-hoo.

Why don't you show us a law instead of articles, you know actual legal text? Oh, that's right, there is none!

For a lawyer you certainly can't argue. Take on fornits... and FORNITS wins. That must really piss you off Karen, huh? All that bashing and namecalling and you can't even keep yourself anonymous.  :lol: