Author Topic: SAY HELLO TO OUR STRUGGLING TEENS TROLL  (Read 29037 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
SAY HELLO TO OUR STRUGGLING TEENS TROLL
« Reply #15 on: August 02, 2005, 08:14:00 PM »
PS:

Karen is my term for annoying troll, so don't take it personally.

:wave:
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Shortbus

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 02, 2005, 08:23:00 PM »
Lordy, a person would have to have a pretty thin skin to take anything personally here!
ts never too late to procrastinate

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 02, 2005, 08:28:00 PM »
On 2005-08-02 17:23:00, Shortbus wrote:

"Lordy, a person would have to have a pretty thin skin to take anything personally here!
"

:rofl:  :rofl:

VERY TRUE!

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 02, 2005, 09:00:00 PM »
I don't know the legal side of thing---but you've named (and given a phone number even) for somebody as being the author of posts here---and if, for some reason, you're wrong and/or if people call this number and bother this person---aren't you risking a lot of problems in terms of the slander laws.

I don't know much about computers but in day-to day life, you can't just publish stuff in the paper about somebody and then say, "oophs I guess this isn't the right Jane Doe"---you'd be in for a lot of trouble legally.

So if--for instance-- you posted this phone number and it turns out that this person is not really the one who made the posts you are talking about---aren't you risking some kind of harrassment type of law suit?  I mean if you could find her, she can find or hire somebody to find you

Especially if the person who you have listed the phone number for really is a lawyer for god's sake.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 02, 2005, 09:18:00 PM »
You aren't the first person to threaten legal 'slander' suits over posts at fornits. It's laughable isn't it? Well, welcome to the club, only about 500 people have done this before you.

You scare no one.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 02, 2005, 09:21:00 PM »
What is slanderous about any of it anyways, just to humor us all?

Go to http://people.yahoo.com/

Enter KAREN AUSTIN - DALLAS, TEXAS

and press submit

you get something that looks like this

http://phone.people.yahoo.com/py/psPhon ... ess+Search

This is all information surmised from posts on the internet. What's illegal about that? :rofl:   :lol:

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 02, 2005, 09:25:00 PM »
didnt this woman say she was a lawyer..... legal thrats is all she knows.. hahahaha .. good try tho lady

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 02, 2005, 09:28:00 PM »
while I don't agree with posting personal information, it does seem a little like a double-standard considering the paretns on ST go and talk about their kids and their kids' problems to the hills.  also ,if this woman has a son acting out and a daughter cutting on herself, maybe she needs to look a little closer at the home situation.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 02, 2005, 09:30:00 PM »
On 2005-08-02 18:00:00, Anonymous wrote:

"I don't know the legal side of thing---but you've named (and given a phone number even) for somebody as being the author of posts here---and if, for some reason, you're wrong and/or if people call this number and bother this person---aren't you risking a lot of problems in terms of the slander laws.

I don't know much about computers but in day-to day life, you can't just publish stuff in the paper about somebody and then say, "oophs I guess this isn't the right Jane Doe"---you'd be in for a lot of trouble legally.

So if--for instance-- you posted this phone number and it turns out that this person is not really the one who made the posts you are talking about---aren't you risking some kind of harrassment type of law suit?  I mean if you could find her, she can find or hire somebody to find you

Especially if the person who you have listed the phone number for really is a lawyer for god's sake."

Seeing as I started this thread I suppose I should respond. You see, this troll chose to come over to fornits with the sole purpose of starting trouble. I don't appreciate people posting without accountability, sound familiar?, so I decided to quote her posts from struggling trolls.

Everything quoted here was simply copy/pasted, so that is hardly slander. I was only guessing your last name is Austin judging by your email- information you decided to post on the internet. Searching yahoo people for a name I don't even know is real, is hardly a crime. Again, all public information. If you don't want information like this posted about you online, in any context, keep it private. Your choice. Why don't you take some accountability?

So to answer your questions, no, I am not risking any kind of lawsuit. I am simply passing along public information, put out there by the person themselves. Ain't the information age grand?  :tup:

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 02, 2005, 09:39:00 PM »
AND, on the flip-side of your argument, the only way for YOU to find out MY information would be to pay someone to hack into this website, which is illegal. Tell me, how do you file a lawsuit based on illegally obtained information?

Thanks for the humor though.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 02, 2005, 09:41:00 PM »
and on second thought, I post as anonymous, so I have no information for you to gain. I am on dialup so my IP changes.. how exactly would you find out who I am? Please tell me.  :rofl:  :rofl:

Unless you can figure it out.. hmm.. did I leave as many trails as you did?

Good luck!

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 02, 2005, 09:43:00 PM »
Maybe you're right, like I say i am just watching this (I've worked some years as a paralegal but not on internet issues)---but you state that you "guessed" that this troll's name was Austin and then posted a phone number.

If this is indeed not the phone number of the person who you are after (or even if it is--since the posting could constitute an argument for maliciousness) I'm not sure you're off the hook even in the information age if somebody gets bothered or even hurt because of your action---that's especially true if this lawyer decides to go after you---cuz much of this kind of stuff is law-in-the-making and a lawyer doesn;t even have to go out and hire somebody to do her business

Maybe it's just me--but if I were in your position--I'd be somewhat careful about what I did with other people's information

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 02, 2005, 09:46:00 PM »
Eh, I don't really care, seeing as- YOU CANT DO SHIT ABOUT IT.  :scared:  :roll:

Offline OverLordd

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 02, 2005, 09:46:00 PM »
Wow, when you guys go after some one you really go after some one.  :nworthy:  :smile:

:rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:
our walking down a hallway, you turn left, you turn right. BRICK WALL!

GAH!!!!

Yeah, hes a survivor.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 02, 2005, 09:48:00 PM »
:lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol: