Author Topic: cheryl's kids 4 life  (Read 67393 times)

Offline OverLordd

• View Profile
cheryl's kids 4 life
« Reply #120 on: August 23, 2005, 08:04:00 PM »
Yes, but the courts would have a fit, but they could do it if no one stoped them.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
our walking down a hallway, you turn left, you turn right. BRICK WALL!

GAH!!!!

Yeah, hes a survivor.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
cheryl's kids 4 life
« Reply #121 on: August 25, 2005, 10:38:00 AM »
The Sudweeks were contracted to provide educational and therapy services to the "students" under their care--They were never given over to be CHERYL'KIDS, and most certainly never to be CHERYL'S ABUSED KIDS at all!

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
cheryl's kids 4 life
« Reply #122 on: August 25, 2005, 11:20:00 AM »
On 2005-08-23 15:46:00, Anonymous wrote:

"

On 2005-08-23 13:31:00, OverLordd wrote:

"No no, thats just some one worring and being very alarmist. She would not dare, first off they would all need passports, and she cannot get the nesecary paper work without the knowledge of the parents, and i dont think the parent would let them be removed.... I hope..."

Don't need a passport to get into either Canada or Mexico.  Birth certificate and the proper form giving the Sudweeks permission, which is the form that has been discussed in the transportation of children."

You mean the ICPC form?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
cheryl's kids 4 life
« Reply #123 on: August 25, 2005, 02:12:00 PM »
The parents sign a form that the kids can travel to Mexico and Canada for "TRAVEL STUDIES."  This has nothing to do with the Interstate Compact Placement Contract -mandatory paperwork that the Sudweeks must/should comply with when the students are originally placed.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
cheryl's kids 4 life
« Reply #124 on: August 26, 2005, 11:00:00 AM »
The only people these kids belong to "4 life" are their own parents. The Sudweeks are not these kid's parents or "family." They were contracted to run a school.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
cheryl's kids 4 life
« Reply #125 on: August 31, 2005, 05:01:00 PM »
If the Sudweeks don't have the proper paperwork on these kids for ICPC regulations intact, how do they plan to transport these "students" into another country? Seems like immigration would be checking rather closely these days.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
cheryl's kids 4 life
« Reply #126 on: September 15, 2005, 09:55:00 AM »
The Suds did take most of the kids to Canada,(ten is the number reported), and should return next week.  Wonder WHY some got left behind?(four is the reported number of those left behind). Don't ALL the kids get the "advantage" of the TRAVEL EDUCATION offered by this "Academics Only Boarding School?"
And WHO is minding the school, and carrying on the Academic learning of these kids who got left behind?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
cheryl's kids 4 life
« Reply #127 on: September 15, 2005, 10:04:00 AM »
Canada?  Isn't that where the Sudweeks got into a jam with some horses?  Why even go to Canada?  Why not go on a field trip to the Utah State Capital?  Meet the governor ... learn something about how inept Utah government really is????

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
cheryl's kids 4 life
« Reply #128 on: September 15, 2005, 01:44:00 PM »
Yes, Canada is where Mark Sudweeks was found guilty of animal abuse, and was fined about $150,000 and is banned from owning animals for life. Why did the Suds take the kids to Mexico awhile back? They were kicked out of Mexico for trying to run a school without a license too. Guess they just like to travel, huh?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
cheryl's kids 4 life
« Reply #129 on: September 15, 2005, 03:36:00 PM »
On 2005-09-15 10:44:00, Anonymous wrote:

"Yes, Canada is where Mark Sudweeks was found guilty of animal abuse, and was fined about $150,000 and is banned from owning animals for life. Why did the Suds take the kids to Mexico awhile back? They were kicked out of Mexico for trying to run a school without a license too. Guess they just like to travel, huh?"

Are these "field trips" considered educational?  Do parents pay extra or is the cost part of the tuition?  How do they get to these places (bus, car, plane)?  If it was my kid, I would not be too keen on my child being taken out of state by anyone, but that's just me.  Other parents may think it's great ... but since I wouldn't put my kid in any Utah-based program in the first place, I guess that says it all.

JUST SAY NO TO OUT-OF-HOME PLACEMENTS.

:smokin:

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
cheryl's kids 4 life
« Reply #130 on: September 15, 2005, 03:46:00 PM »
When we placed our child, we were told that the Sudweeks had "schools" in Canada and Mexico--which is UNTRUE. There are no schools in Canada and Mexico. We were told that our child would have the "opportunity" to visit both of these "schools" during the "school year."
There was basically NO SCHOOL in Utah either, as advertised: the Whitmore was not fully accredited, and did not have certified teachers as advertised. So what is the purpose of this current trip to Canada? Who knows. Hopefully, not to try and "hide assets," since there is currently a civil case filed against the Sudweeks!

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
cheryl's kids 4 life
« Reply #131 on: September 16, 2005, 12:56:00 PM »
If some kids got left behind, is there school going on for these kids? IF NOT, then just what are these parents paying for anyway at the rate of about $4,000 per month? Pretty high rates for babysitting!

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
cheryl's kids 4 life
« Reply #132 on: September 16, 2005, 04:59:00 PM »
i recently left the Whitmore after being there for a year and when you get out of the bubble they put you in you will see how it really was back there in utah and how the tyhings they teach you dont work in the real world for the most part. The only thing i value from that place right now is the firendships i have and what my fellow kids tought me. Some of the kids go home calling them saints ans shit but hey they are to into the place anyways. If you really stop and look at it, most of the kids there kiss ass all day to get by and then there are the real kids who know. Now im not saying i am against what they do, i love cheryl and she has nothing but love and good ntentions but common sense seems to have left her long ago. Some of the things she does there is verry childish in the fact that she has to get what she wants asap 24/7. Group is about what she wants to happen and she tries to make you into who she wants you to be. everything there like going to ammromon church and the singing is all what she wanted and with good intentions but she needs to realize that she is not there mother, in fact she is the owner of Residential treatment center/boarding school andshe cant just do what she wants and say whatever she wants to because there are certain responsibilties when it comes to owning a buiness especially one as fragile as houseing 40 kids at a time. you dont see the principle of your school trying to be like a parent and taking you to his church every sunday and having consequences if you dont. If cheryl. you do believe eberything happens for a reason then what do these lawsuits mean to you. Also the cops had to have something to be able to search the mansion. I know most of the acusations are false and are from kids who couldnt deal with there own problems, but it is time to change or retire. You make it to personal and i know u think that is the key but it isnt. You have had more than on stroke. Now she does have good intentions and physical abuse on her part is out of the question. Ya some of the kids got in fight but like every other school its normal. i dont think she deserves to go to jail at all but it iss time to wake up, get out of your hole and realize you bring this sadness upon yourself by dwelling on this website and being codependent on everone around to fix it or make you feel better. It is time for change and it is time to grow and stop acting like a spoiled child.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
cheryl's kids 4 life
« Reply #133 on: September 16, 2005, 05:50:00 PM »
Thank you for your very insightful post. You did not mention anything about SCHOOL.  The Sudweeks claim that they are now an ACADEMICS BOARDING SCHOOL ONLY--so the focus should be on school only; and there should not be any groups, or therapy going on at the Whitmore the past few months.  Are you saying that the "therapy and group sessions have continued?
It has also been posted here that Cheryl Sudweeks never posts on this forum herself. Yet most of the threatening postings have been traced to the Whitmore. Do you think the kids at the Whitmore post these threats against former students and their parents?
What is it that Cheryl Sudweeks seems "to want to happen" from these marathon group sessions that she puts these kids through?  What is her purpose?
How do you explain the abuse charges against Cheryl from your viewpoint?
Do you feel that the money your parents spent for your educational goals was well spent?
Are you prepared educationally to re-enter high school, or to go on to college?
Thank you again for posting.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
cheryl's kids 4 life
« Reply #134 on: September 16, 2005, 06:30:00 PM »
yes i understand they try and say its academics only now and when i was there bernie turned thetheray into counseling for legal maters but either way it is still therapy and the authorities know it. I know they try to get around it but we know the truth. as for group she doesnt even realize she has to have a license for that. I know i can get by in colledge because i tought myself but i dont know if my diploma and transcripts will pass since im hearing toher kids are having trouble with them. I guess all i can do is try and if not im fucked.