Author Topic: Does WWASPS profit off medication?  (Read 1341 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Does WWASPS profit off medication?
« on: July 28, 2005, 11:05:00 PM »
Anyone know if WWASP profits off the medication administered to their students?
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2005, 04:44:00 AM »
On 2005-07-28 20:05:00, Anonymous wrote:

"Anyone know if WWASP profits off the medication administered to their students?"

I don't know but I would be surprised if they didn't.  They overcharge for everything.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2005, 06:58:00 AM »
I would think it would depend on how the medication was paid for, and by who it was prescribed.

If funding comes from an insurance company then its a bit more difficult to rip off an insurance company who will only pay a set amount. If it is a parent then most likely yes it could happen.

Next I would wager to say if parents were paying the tab and all of the sudden the your average kid was being prescribed with a bunch of meds, then I would think that would be cause to start asking questions.

Bear in mind I am not an expert either, and anything is possible.

Three Springs Waygook

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2005, 11:10:00 AM »
I'm not sure, but I can tell you they didn't even have a doctor when I was there. I was taken off many meds I was sent there on by a nurse practioner. I don't even know if that's legal or not..? They were very disorganized when it came to meds, and never put kids on new medication. Most of the kids on meds arrived on them I think. When you are there, being on meds is a good thing from the kids perspective. Especially if you're getting something strong like xanax, or something like that. Plus you can trade them for candy and stuff.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2005, 09:43:00 PM »
I am the one who started this post. I attended Spring Creek Lodge (Thompson Falls, MT), many teens seemed to have been over prescribed. It makes me wonder if this is WWASP?s technique to create a zombie like teen, or is it for financial reasons (maybe both)?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2005, 04:23:00 AM »
While at Spring Creek Lodge I was prescibed Remeron which is a heavy duty sleeping drug. I was definitely in a zombie like state because of it but I actually enjoyed that next to reality in a boarding school. I don't think the "doctor" had anything more than a  Ph.D. and I never discussed anything with him except how the meds were working... and they were working. At one point I think I was near hallucinating from how strong the drugs were, and the fact that we were up at 6:25 every morning didn't help my alertness level.