Author Topic: It's sad that you do this  (Read 3705 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
It's sad that you do this
« Reply #15 on: July 17, 2005, 11:13:00 AM »
On 2005-07-12 15:03:00, Anonymous wrote:

"I really think it is extremely sad that you people spend your time actively fighting against something so great.  The saddest part to me is the program graduates and drop out that are on here, it is my opinion that teens are simply blaming their own shortcomings and poor choices on the program.  WAKE UP AND TELL THE TRUTH!  These programs are in now way abusive, we deserve every once of what we create while students there.  For those of you pulled from the programs I'm sorry that your parents have bought into your crap and not stood for your lives, hopefully you will still have sucessful lives.  Simply put we cannot and should not blame or failures or sucesses while in the program or after the program on the program.  Our choices are what create our experiences in life.  I don't want to hear that I'm programed or brainwashed, I graduated from a wwasp program over 6 years ago, and am now a very sucessful individual, I am almost done with college, and will soon attend law school.  It is my dream to someday open a company refering teens to these programs, and defending these programs in any legal matter in which they may find themselves.  Unlike many of you, I am and plan to continue to be an advocate for the great amount of good created by these programs!"

I took my exit plan from a WWASP program 5 years ago, best decision I ever made. I also have completed college.

I plan to use my own knowledge, skills, insight and abilities to stop people like you from accomplishing your goals. Get ready for many more like me.

Good luck, you'll need it.

:wave:
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 17, 2005, 01:09:00 PM »
"Hey it's me again, the creator of this post, and no I will not at this point reveal my name for many reasons which you would not at this point understand. All I can say is that I myself did not experience one ounce of abuse while I was in the program. Did kids get restrained, absolutely! Does that constitute abuse absolutely not. I was never restrained, why? Simply because I chose not to be, those who are restrained chose it, they know the line and they cross it. As far as me not thinking, countless hours have been spent studying, pondering, and actively researching this topic, and I am convinced that these programs do much more good than harm. As to whether or not these programs will be open when i'm done with school, I know now, if they aren't I will simply open an identicle program licensed by the state, they'll never go away."

See thats the things about program supporters. Everything is so black and white, no in between. Your either non working or your not. Choices this choices that blah blah blah. I remember in a seminar they told you everything is a choice. Well thats just not entirely fucking true. If someone walks up to me and punches me in the face, my normal human reaction is to get angry and pissed off. That in my mind is not a choice. The law of life is things happen and most of the time you cant help the reaction. You can choose not to hit them back, but the intital choice is not yours. So lady if youve spent countless hours researching these schools, then how in the hell have you come to the conclusion that they "work" and do "good" for the kids that go there? Do you even know the success rate of the programs? Obviosly not. SO "based on their results they got what they intended." I used to be like you, all brainwashed and conformed. It was nice not to have to think for myself and to have an easy cookie cutter answer for all my problems. However I could not integrally keep that frame of mind and now I am free from all that. I am happier now than Ive ever been. You know its funny. I still keep in contact with alot of budies from CCM and almost all of them agree the program is brainwashing and horrible. However, the few (2) who are strong program supporters and ABSOLUTLY believe it helped them, are frankly out of control and insane. They live double lives, saying the program helped them and that they are changed and doing great, but their relationships and such are out of control, addictive, abusive, and clingy. I would not be supprised at all if you had some serious issues that you are just not mentioning on here to make you and the program look like it worked. The truth is, we were just being kids! Teenage hood is a time of experimenting and learning from mistakes and finding out who you really are. Distupting that process by throwing a kid into an abusive lockdown prison that conforms them to beliefs and ways of being that arent really who they are is just plain wrong and IT DOSNT FUCKING WORK! I am who I was "before the program". In the program I was taught to believe that music would "make me do drugs again" wearing clothing that was "innappropriate" in their eyes would also create relapse. That is simply ridiculous. Many of the ideals and mind sets of the program make little or no sense and try to force kids to become someone they are not. In my mind thats wrong. In your mind thats the way it should be. I feel sorry for anyone who thinks that conformity is a good idea. Hopefully parents will wise up, start a relation ship with their kids from the start, gain trust and respect with them through giving them trust and respect FROM CHILDHOOD ON not just when they are teens, and they will realize they dont need these programs and will stop flushing their money away to these programs. Go ahead. Open up your program. Sure you may get a few saps who will fall for your shit and yes, you will make money off of desperate and ignorant parents. But at least the rest of us will sleep well at night with a clean concious.

Offline melissa goldsmith

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 17, 2005, 08:35:00 PM »
I am 25 years old and was in the program from 1994-1996 I can not account for any other time frame but the time I was there. I have no idea if the program has gotten better or worse but I do know that abuse happened I am going to school to become a counselor for youth. Through going to school for a psychology degree I have come to realize just how damaging this program really is. Now you might have had a wonderful experience and it might have changed your life for the better. Good it worked for you and I am happy for you. But no one should be forced into reliving painful experiences. When a person is forced (and yes we all were forced or we would stay on a low face and stay in the program longer) you can cause real psychological damage to the person. The fact that David, ken and Ron the ones in charge of CCM have no psychological training is just plain out crazy. That is like asking the person behind the counter at McDonalds to perform a surgery. They cant they need proper training in order to do the task. Please don?t put your issues about the program on to anyone as I don?t do that to you. People here are dealing with very real issues caused by the program. And they need the respect in order to share. I saw abuse happen when I was there; I was taken down for laughing in transport line. Now was it my choice to laugh, yes, but did I choose to be thrown into the dirt, NO. I graduated the program and believed in it at the time but I soon realized that the world of CCM is nothing at all like the world we all live in. as a counselor I would never use the tactics my counselor used on my group. No one deserves to be called all the many names we were called in seminars and I am sorry to all the girls I put down in the program. That is what is so hard about this program is that not only do you have to deal with the pain you felt but you have to deal with the guilt you feel for causing someone else pain. It is great you got help there but many of us did not. Please respect us and what happened to us and the feeling we have, and I respect you and your opinion. But to say that it did not happen is just wrong! were you everywhere? Did you see everything? NO
elissa goldsmith

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 18, 2005, 07:32:00 PM »
Mellisa, wow another educated person, its me the proud program grad, if you have yahoo or msn messenger let me know i'd really enjoy discussing this issue more in depth as I too have an extensive backround in psychology and human behavior.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 18, 2005, 08:33:00 PM »
On 2005-07-18 16:32:00, Anonymous wrote:

"I too have an extensive backround in psychology and human behavior."

And you support WWASP programs?  :wstupid:  :wstupid:

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
« Reply #20 on: July 18, 2005, 09:19:00 PM »
Sort of makes ya' think of Mengele, eh?

They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
-- Benjamin Franklin

"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 18, 2005, 09:33:00 PM »

"It is my dream to someday open a company refering teens to these programs, and defending these programs in any legal matter in which they may find themselves."

Um...

HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

HAHAHAHAHAAAAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA

HAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAH

*wipes tears from face*

hahahahahahahahahahah

hahahhahahaha
hahaha
haha

haha

Oh boy, you are the funniest poster in a long time buddy. And you are serious? I suppose.. that is what makes it so damn funny.

Good luck with your venture. So you haven't even started law school yet, eh? That's good to hear. Hopefully WWASP will not be in existence by the time you get out.

Honestly though, I have a hard time you will make it through and pass the BAR. You sound stupid.

Offline bandit1978

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 20, 2005, 01:09:00 AM »
to the original poster-  you sound like a real loser.  

Melissa- i totally know what you are saying about being mean to the other girls in the program.  

When I first got to Provo Canyon, some of the staff members would just make things up, like saying there was dust on a washing machine that I had spent 30 minutes cleaning.  A year or so later, I would do the same thing to other girls, when I checked off their cleaning.  

I feel bad, but now I realize that I was just a teenager, and these staff were sopposed to be role models(?), and I was just behaving the way they had.  And I realized that there was not really any dust on that washer, and even if I took that machine through a car wash, they were going to still say there was dust on it, and there was nothing I could do.  And I realized that I had, in turn done the same thing to others.

By the way, I found these staff to be very poor role models- no college education, unlicensed, ignorant/never lived outside of Utah except during 2 year Mormon missionary, 22y.o. married w/kids.  (now, I don't have kids.  But if and when I do, these are not the kind of people I would want for them to role model, or even be exposed to)
egan Flynn
RN
Survivor- Provo Canyon School

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 26, 2005, 04:22:00 AM »

"I really think it is extremely sad that you people spend your time actively fighting against something so great.  The saddest part to me is the program graduates and drop out that are on here, it is my opinion that teens are simply blaming their own shortcomings and poor choices on the program.  WAKE UP AND TELL THE TRUTH!  These programs are in now way abusive, we deserve every once of what we create while students there.  For those of you pulled from the programs I'm sorry that your parents have bought into your crap and not stood for your lives, hopefully you will still have sucessful lives.  Simply put we cannot and should not blame or failures or sucesses while in the program or after the program on the program.  Our choices are what create our experiences in life.  I don't want to hear that I'm programed or brainwashed, I graduated from a wwasp program over 6 years ago, and am now a very sucessful individual, I am almost done with college, and will soon attend law school.  It is my dream to someday open a company refering teens to these programs, and defending these programs in any legal matter in which they may find themselves.  Unlike many of you, I am and plan to continue to be an advocate for the great amount of good created by these programs!"

I'm sorry you dont realize it-maybe you are not an american. those of us who are understand that the consitution(though followed incorrectly) prohibits detention without due process. it is ENTIRELY IRRELEVANT whether or not the school works. it's even irrelevant whether they are right or not, at this point. the constitution says no, so the answer's no.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 28, 2005, 09:32:00 PM »
yeah right good try though!

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 28, 2005, 10:55:00 PM »
Another question might be:

How many kids do you have to abuse before one finally decides to come hunt you down for sport...?

I hope staff and especially the owners ask themselves this question every day.

I sure would if I opened one of those places.

Offline The Liger

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 29, 2005, 12:47:00 AM »
The best part is that this douche thinks that WWASPS needs help finding good defense lawyers to take on all the cases against them.  They make millions of dollars every year, stupid.  They don't need help finding some asshole to defend their tortious and criminal actions for $500 an hour.  

Geez, good luck passing the LSAT, brainiac.
t\'s pretty much my favorite animal. It\'s like a lion and a tiger mixed...bred for its skills in magic.

Offline ursula

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 29, 2005, 09:20:00 PM »
AMEN!