Author Topic: I'm such a big Loser  (Read 5161 times)

Offline LostChild

• View Profile
I'm such a big Loser
« on: July 02, 2001, 12:43:43 AM »
I'm such a big Loser
I chickened out at the last minute.  I just couldn't bring myself to go to the conference.  I was all set with anti-anxiety meds that my doctor gave me to help.  I really wanted to meet everyone, but the back of my mind kept telling me that it was a trick.  I know logically it wasn't but I guess it was just too much for me to handle right now.

Anyways, sorry I missed out on the good info that was given.

Glad you all got alot out of it.

Colleen

« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline KimberlyNJ

• View Profile
I'm such a big Loser
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2001, 12:25:42 PM »
fear
Colleen, that is totally understandable!  There was a guy that wouldn't give his real name!  He was just as scared as you.  He gave his real name at the conference itself when he realized it WASN"T straight that was faking him out & trying to get him back...lol.

We're not upset that you didn't come.  I for one, understand completely.  It IS a very emotional thing to deal with & there is a lot of fear involved.  You did what you could at the time, maybe you can get to the next one  :-)

Offline angel714

• View Profile
I'm such a big Loser
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2001, 01:18:25 PM »
Eliminate the ''L'' word
Colleen......you are not a loser because you chose not to go to the conference. Just remember that.....Angie

Offline Kathy

• View Profile
    • http://ficanetwork.net
I'm such a big Loser
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2001, 12:14:34 PM »
Oh stop being so hard on yourself!
Hey Colleen, You probably did the right thing.  It was alot to handle.  It was fun and invigorating in many ways, yet completely exhausting in other ways.  There was something very cool about it, I met up with a couple of people I hadn't seen in a long time.  Do you remember Ellen Glickert?  I always wondered what happened to her, now I found out.  Anyway, I'm sure there will be other conferences, and you will go when you are ready and hopefully not a second before.  You are fine! You made the right decision, so quit calling yourself a loser. Enjoy your day!  Kathy

Kathy
"Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle."    ~Plato

Offline aillecat2112

• View Profile
    • http://tridisha.com
I'm such a big Loser
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2001, 12:06:29 PM »
Re: Oh stop being so hard on yourself!
I didn;'t go either, yes it would have been nice to meet everyone, but I'm just starting to get a handle on the PTSD stuff, and I figured it wouldn;t be so great to be triggered a whole weekend.

Ginger gave me the report, and given that there were SAFE people there, and that someone actually motivated, I'm so glad I didn't go. Those of you in the DC/Baltimore area, I will be down there this week, my email is [email protected].

-Trish

quot;$solution = undef() until $solution != /coersion/;\" -Antigen

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
I'm such a big Loser
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2001, 01:31:17 PM »
No you're not
Hey Colleen, I'm going to try and get the tape of James Lloyd's speech to you. Just to make light of things, he had then make up two name plates; one with his real name and one with the alias under which he registered because he thought we might be setting some kind of trap. And he's a middle aged white Republican man!

It was a great conference and we would have loved to have seen you there, but it's not the end of anything. We'll be having another in Orlando in December. Mean time, if you're ever in So. Florida, look me up. If you need a place to stay, we have a single in a spare room and double hide-a-bed with a decent mattress. Or lets just do lunch or something.  

-If there's a worse idea going than locking kids up for victimless crimes, it's probably locking them in close proximity to some tyrannical altruist bent on helping them even if it kills them.
http://trebach.org/conference.html'>Saving our Children from Drug Treatment Abuse

"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes