Author Topic: Cross Creek Center  (Read 2982 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Cross Creek Center
« Reply #15 on: July 07, 2005, 02:50:00 PM »
I am a former student of Cross Creek Manor.  To answer one of your questions.  Former students are scared.  The program has told them 24 hours every day that what the student is doing is wrong and what the program says is right.  For instance, if I were to complain about ANYTHING in the program I would be accused of lying and not taken seriously because I was a troubled youth, thats what makes these programs so dangerous.  Many teens who get out don't want to talk about it cause either they want to forget or they are scared and second guess themselves.  Once getting out of Cross Creek I was waiting for someone to tell me how to think, none of my thoughts were original.  If I had an original thought and it was disputed I would back down.  That is how we are trained.  We are trained to remain silent and to trust the program.  I am worse off emotionally now than I was going into the program.  Not to say that there aren't any success stories.  I relapsed but am successfully in college and playing soccer.  The program did not help or prevent anything, it made my life harder.  I just don't want any more kids there, I don't want revenge.  I either want the programs to not exist or to be fed. regulated.  Eventhough the fed. regulation would just be a start cause the gov. doesnt always pull through.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Cross Creek Center
« Reply #16 on: July 11, 2005, 02:11:00 PM »
I agree with the above post. These programs and Cross Creek in particular are not good. They are brainwashing and mentally abusive. They take away your identity to mold you into what kind of person they think you should be and then if you question their views or ideas you are "manipulative" or "non working". Programs are a loose losse situation. I have friends who still think the program helped them but they are more screwed up then the kids who dont. They live dishonest and dramatic lives. At least those of us who are telling the truth about these places have nothing to hide. Thanks to being out of that hell hole, I am finding out who I am and being who I was meant to be, not some replica of a program kid. And did you people who "agree" with the program ever think that the ideals and attitudes of the program might not be good ones? I mean you send your kid there or go there yourself to "change your attitude" but what are you changing your attitude to? Just because you think "drug" music is bad, dosnt mean it is. Just because "dressing innapropriatly" is bad in your eyes, it is an opinion not fact. However the program tries to make their opinions and ideas into facts which is just wrong. I am so glad I am no longer a brainwashed kid, constantly scared of screwing up. I feel more free than ever and I give none of the credit to the program. And one other thing, the programs relapse prevention is a joke. They have no clue what they are doing.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Cross Creek Center
« Reply #17 on: July 28, 2005, 03:14:00 AM »
Like the Topic says Practice what you teach.  DO you not give credit to what you have seen and what you been through?  Are you that ashamed to what you have been through?  Everything you see and hear and do shapes who you are and the more you make this an issue the more credit you actually give to WWASP in many people eyes.  The idea of the program was to change a behavioral pattern.  Did it do that? Probably.   So did it work?  Man,,, logic always interferes with emotions.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Cross Creek Center
« Reply #18 on: July 28, 2005, 06:53:00 PM »
Regarding the original post- I don't get when people say ADD or  ODD.  Is it really a medical problem when a kid doesn't want to pay attention or is easily distracted? Or is it just part of being a kid? Is being defiant and oppositional really a disorder?  Or is it just a personality trait?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Cross Creek Center
« Reply #19 on: July 28, 2005, 07:05:00 PM »
Seriously. What isn't a mental disorder these days?

I suppose they need to create a disorder in order to sell you the medicine.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Cross Creek Center
« Reply #20 on: July 28, 2005, 07:08:00 PM »
On 2005-07-28 00:14:00, Anonymous wrote:

"The idea of the program was to change a behavioral pattern.  Did it do that? Probably."

Yes, it did change my behavior pattern. When I got out, I did worse drugs than I ever did before I went. I came out pissed off, defensive and very paranoid.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Cross Creek Center
« Reply #21 on: July 28, 2005, 11:09:00 PM »
I've heard of a lot of people getting way heavy into drugs after getting out of a program.  I got really OCD... It's weird for some reason I was SO AFRAID of burning the house down leaving a stove burner on or a cigarette going or something... I'd check the locks over, and over, and over again running up two stories to do it... I guess that's what happens when   you never get to go outside or have anything burning in the lockdown, when you get out you become afraid that you're going to forget about them....

Offline Deborah

• View Profile
Cross Creek Center
« Reply #22 on: July 28, 2005, 11:31:00 PM »
Hyper vigilant. It's like living all your life with a superstitious parent who teaches you that bad things will happen if you step on a crack or let a black cat cross your path.
Fear based conditioning. It will wear off if you keep reminding yourself that it doesn't make sense, and 'good' therapy can help expidite the process, emphasis on 'good'. It just amounts to re-writing the damaging software they installed.
gt;>>>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<
Hidden Lake Academy, after operating 12 years unlicensed will now be monitored by the state. Access information on the Federal Class Action lawsuit against HLA here: http://www.fornits.com/wwf/viewtopic.php?t=17700

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
Cross Creek Center
« Reply #23 on: July 29, 2005, 01:43:00 PM »
On 2005-07-28 15:53:00, Anonymous wrote:

Is being defiant and oppositional really a disorder? Or is it just a personality trait?

Or is it situational? (that's shrink code for normal response to a fucked up situation)

The much vaunted founding fathers of this great nation were extremely oppositional and defiant. Were they disordered? How about those heretical Quakers? Here's a nice read on those dysfunctional lunatics and their opposition and defiance of authority:

http://www.mises.org/story/1865

Just spend a little time engaging w/ some of the parents who buy into this industry. Put yourself in their kids' shoes. In most cases, I can't imagine living w/ these people under their authority and not either walking quickly and permanently away from them or putting one of their heads through a wall.

To err is human; to forgive is simply not our policy.

-- MIT Assasination Club slogan

"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes