Author Topic: YES- TROUBLED PARENTS!  (Read 2035 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
YES- TROUBLED PARENTS!
« on: July 28, 2005, 06:10:00 PM »
Thank you for renaming this forum more accurately.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
YES- TROUBLED PARENTS!
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2005, 06:29:00 PM »
NP. Been meaning to do it for awhile now.

The notion that a radical is one who hates his country is naive and usually idiotic. He is, more likely, one who likes his country more than the rest of us, and is thus more disturbed than the rest of us when he sees it debauched. He is not a bad citizen turning to crime; he is a good citizen driven to despair.

--H.L. Mencken

"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline webcrawler

• View Profile
YES- TROUBLED PARENTS!
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2005, 07:33:00 PM »
I was thinking the same thing! Good lookin out!
am looking for people who survived Straight in Plymouth, Michigan. I miss a lot of people there and wonder what happened and would like to stay in touch.

Offline The Liger

• View Profile
YES- TROUBLED PARENTS!
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2005, 08:27:00 PM »
No offense intended, but I thought the Teen Help Industry or whatever it was called before was a good title.  Not because I do not agree that the problem is with the parents, but because I thought that parents would be more likely to look at it.  Somehow I cannot see a parent clicking on Troubled Parent Industry.
t\'s pretty much my favorite animal. It\'s like a lion and a tiger mixed...bred for its skills in magic.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
YES- TROUBLED PARENTS!
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2005, 08:33:00 PM »
IF they cant deal with the title of the forum, good riddins.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
YES- TROUBLED PARENTS!
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2005, 09:09:00 PM »
subversively accurate title of forum.  :nworthy:

Offline OverLordd

• View Profile
YES- TROUBLED PARENTS!
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2005, 09:11:00 PM »
Yeah, I would have to agree we should change it back, The Troubled parent industry is just a cheap shot really. And it will turn of parents that may be on the brink of sending their kids or not. Not to mention it takes away respectablity from fornits.
our walking down a hallway, you turn left, you turn right. BRICK WALL!

GAH!!!!

Yeah, hes a survivor.

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
YES- TROUBLED PARENTS!
« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2005, 09:50:00 PM »
Well, I thought about it for awhile. I'm just damned sick and tired of hearing about what poor, hapless martyrs the parents all are and how hard this all is on them.

Fact is, this industry is exactly the same as Miss Cleo's racket, except in it's preverse way of thriving on debasing and breaking children. All of the marketing is geared toward identifying insecure, anguished, gullible parents and then selling them a belief of salvation.

Doesn't matter whether the kid is a violent psychotic in need of real help or a dyslexic or just a rambunctious kid who resists being drugged down or one who rejects the parents religion. Shit, David Van Blarigan got shipped off for calling his little brother a butt head!

They'll take `em all, commisserate w/ the parents about how hard it is being cursed w/ such a rotten kid. Then, when the kid's grown up a year or two and been thoroughly convinced to fear their parents, they claim that as a success. Even if the kid kills themselves or leaves home w/o leaving a forwarding address, they still have some of these people hoodwinked into blaming it all on what an incorrigable reprobate the kid was. But they got their money's worth because now they have support groups to constantly reassure them that it wasn't their fault, they're still the victim. Think of it! A lifetime of that peace of mind for only a hundred thou or so.

Sorry, truth hurts.

Here's freedom to him who would read;

Here's freedom to him who would write;

None ever feared that the truth should be heard,

But them that the truth would indict.

--author unknown (circa 1914)

"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
YES- TROUBLED PARENTS!
« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2005, 10:44:00 PM »
On 2005-07-28 18:50:00, Antigen wrote:

"Well, I thought about it for awhile. I'm just damned sick and tired of hearing about what poor, hapless martyrs the parents all are and how hard this all is on them."

THANK YOU.

:nworthy:  :nworthy:  :nworthy:  :nworthy:  :nworthy:  :nworthy:  :nworthy:  :nworthy:  :nworthy:  :nworthy:  :nworthy:  :nworthy:

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
YES- TROUBLED PARENTS!
« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2005, 10:49:00 PM »
On 2005-07-28 18:11:00, OverLordd wrote:

"Yeah, I would have to agree we should change it back, The Troubled parent industry is just a cheap shot really. And it will turn of parents that may be on the brink of sending their kids or not. Not to mention it takes away respectablity from fornits."

:lol: Okay buddy. First off, program parents don't have any respect for fornits as it is. Most parents who come here looking for advice on programs found it because they googled a program name with the word abuse in it.

You seem to be on a crusade, while most of us are just here to talk about our fucked up times that we had in programs so many year ago. Who the fuck cares if we turn parents away? The truth is here, and I choose not to sugar coat it. You do whatever you want, and so will I-- but don't bash fornits for labeling a forum name CORRECTLY.

I find it VERY interesting as to why so many people are bothered by this?

Through all the bullshit we went through, the parents still expect you to feel sorry for them. Sorry, I won't play that game!

Offline BuzzKill

• View Profile
YES- TROUBLED PARENTS!
« Reply #10 on: July 28, 2005, 10:57:00 PM »
Well, I might be a tad bit biased - but I agree with Liger's statement.
Not that I don't think parents can't deal with the name of the Forum - but that they won't understand what it is actually about, and there fore won't stop in.
I want to stress the point again - its the parents you need to reach out to, if you want to keep the kids from being abused in Programs that the Parents don't understand.
Its why I wish there were less instant attack mode and more real dialog. People naturally become defensive when attacked; and so won't hear a thing they are told - no matter how true or valuable the information might be underneath the attack.
I wonder if it might be worth simply adding a new forum with this title?
But - I'm not really objecting -
Just wanted to point out the flip side.
Ginger, I am sure, will do just as she pleases.
:wink:

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
YES- TROUBLED PARENTS!
« Reply #11 on: July 28, 2005, 11:15:00 PM »
it's not like it's called the "bad parent industry" if the parent had no troubles, they wouldn't be keywording the words to make this site come up in the first place!

Offline Deborah

• View Profile
YES- TROUBLED PARENTS!
« Reply #12 on: July 28, 2005, 11:17:00 PM »
Yes, I read one such troubled parents lament about laying down the law and requiring her 18 year old son to do his own laundry. I bout fell out of the chair. A 10 year old can sort white/colors, set a dial, and add some detergent. Do these parents really want independent kids?  

It wrenches my gut to hear these sob stories over and over of how the parent 'did everything' for the kid and they didn't get an ounce of respect. They use and abuse them. Wah, wah, wah. Jada's drama pales in comparison to some of them. I'm imagining that Jada's mom is capable of a dramatic scene now and then herself.

Real simple reality- when you do anything for a person they can do themselves, you create an invalid. You rob them of independence- the opportunity to master their environment. You ROB them of self esteem, appreciation, satisfaction and gratification. When did people loose touch with this?

Create an invalid by your own doing, and then punish them for not knowing how to 'take responsibility', for not demonstrating respect and appreciation. Door mats aren't respected and appreciated, they are used to wipe your feet on. In program speak- they got what they deserved.

What is it with these program parents? Which parenting books did they read? They should be rounded up and burned. Can common sense be taught? Or is it too late once you're an adult?

I'm serious when I say that I think it should be the parents at boot camp being forced out of 'their' denial.

But no, the doormat shape-shifts into a dictator weiding a 'tough love' sword (read: resentment) and ships their kid to a torture camp/warehouse with ample support for feeling completely innocent and justified in doing so. Oh yeah.  :rofl:
gt;>>>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<
Hidden Lake Academy, after operating 12 years unlicensed will now be monitored by the state. Access information on the Federal Class Action lawsuit against HLA here: http://www.fornits.com/wwf/viewtopic.php?t=17700

Offline cherish wisdom

• View Profile
YES- TROUBLED PARENTS!
« Reply #13 on: July 28, 2005, 11:22:00 PM »
I think the site should refer to the trobled teen industry since most of the posts here are about that topic. Just my point of view. Perhaps a new forum for troubled parents of teens.

for it is a truth, which the experience of all ages has attested, that the people are commonly most in danger when the means of insuring their rights are in the possession of those of whom they entertain the least suspicion.    
--Alexander Hamilton

If you lack wisdom ask of God and it shall be given to you.\"

Offline Deborah

• View Profile
YES- TROUBLED PARENTS!
« Reply #14 on: July 28, 2005, 11:38:00 PM »
It might cost a few hits. Ginger can monitor that. It might make sense to change it back if traffic slows down.
gt;>>>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<
Hidden Lake Academy, after operating 12 years unlicensed will now be monitored by the state. Access information on the Federal Class Action lawsuit against HLA here: http://www.fornits.com/wwf/viewtopic.php?t=17700