Author Topic: Free Legal Advice !!! Don't do the Affidavits  (Read 4517 times)

Offline Hamiltonf

• View Profile
Free Legal Advice !!! Don't do the Affidavits
« Reply #15 on: December 24, 2002, 01:59:00 AM »
It seems like someone is really trying to scare y'all.  Different states have different statutes of limitations.  And the Feds, different again.  I suggested earlier that you contact ACLU, the American Civil Liberties Union.  They've recently done some Amicus brief work inrelation to the anti-terrorist legislation.  I'm sure they would LOVE to get their teeth into something challenging the Semblers.  

Can I suggest someone contact Irwin Schwartz of Seattle, for a start.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
uote of the Year
The Bush administration has succeeded in making the United States one of the most feared and hated countries in the world. The talent of these guys is unbelievable. They have even succeeded at alienating Canada. I mean, that takes ge

Offline Serpico

• View Profile
    • http://www.straightincorporated.com
« Reply #16 on: December 24, 2002, 09:52:00 AM »
We have contacted those mentioned above. There is no statue of limitations on tax fraud, racketeering, and other crimes and or civil matters. Yes, there are statue of limitations on some civil matters from twenty years ago but that statue has not run out on some recent evidence.
I would encourage the attorney not to prejudge the evidence before he knows what we have. Most attorneys would not make this mistake. Most attorneys would want to review the evidence before making the claim that there is no case.

There is also case precedence for abused individuals bringing cases to court years later as the precedence set is one that states that the statue of limitations does not begin until the discovery of abuse or claimant is aware of their legal recourse. Example: Twenty years ago maybe I felt I could sue straight but lets say now I find out (EXAMPLE ONLY) that the state was involved which makes them accessories to the abuse therefore, it would not be till now that I discovered the accessory part and therefore, the statue of limitations would not begin until that discovery. No doubt a tough case to win but a case none the less.

My question is why would a "professional" attorney be so willing to knock down everything here publicly as opposed to offering to review all that we have and offer to help us out.

That?s my question? A real attorney would want to review the evidence before making a public statement on the issue.

This is just my opinion.

Offline Hamiltonf

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 24, 2002, 10:43:00 AM »

My question is why would a "professional" attorney be so willing to knock down everything here publicly as opposed to offering to review all that we have and offer to help us out.

That?s my question? A real attorney would want to review the evidence before making a public statement on the issue.

This is just my opinion.
"

Exactly my point.  I am a "real" attorney in Canada.    As I said, someone is trying to discourage you, and his so-called "advice" has a smell to it.  Obviously, I can't help you out because I'm in Canada.   But I can suggest you contact ACLU lawyers who I'm sure, once given the scenario could follow up
uote of the Year
The Bush administration has succeeded in making the United States one of the most feared and hated countries in the world. The talent of these guys is unbelievable. They have even succeeded at alienating Canada. I mean, that takes ge

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 24, 2002, 12:50:00 PM »
I can not vouch for the motives for the person who made the post, and some of what he wrote was subjective, however, the information in the  quote below is accurate.

I don't see where the problem is in people fully understanding the personal implications and possible responsibilities when signing and sending an affidavit before doing so. After all I don't think that there is anyone here that goes out and does anything without understanding what they are doing or the ramifications that may be involved, or at least, I hope so.

On 2002-12-08 18:12:00, FueLaw wrote:

the United States Constitution, allows the other side to confront their accuser. This is true in civil or criminal court. In order for an affidavit to be admissible in a legal proceeding you would have to appear for a deposition or at trial and let the other side cross examine you as to the contents of the affidavit.  
Furthermore, if you come forward as a witness this opens you up for impeachment. In other words the Semblers or anybody can investigate and whatever mud they dig up can be used against you in court. This is true whether you are a party or a witness. If you don't want all your personal business put in to a public record
_____
You also need to keep in mind that once you hand over these affidavits you have no control over who views them and for what use they will be put to.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 24, 2002, 04:47:00 PM »
From Wes' site:
"In Feb 82 Straight-Atlanta settled with 3 kids represented by the ACLU who claimed they were suffering "inhumane treatment". ( St Petersburg Times, 2-5-82)

3/19/85
"Susan W. Milan AKA Susan White Straight-Atlanta
 Ms. Milan represented by ACLU. Alleged medical malpractice, false imprisonment, fraud, assault. ACLU contact President Bruce Morris US District Court. awarded $37K for peanut butter diets."

" in 1973 at the St Pete Seed with Roger Young, then to Jeff Bourgholtzer whose dad became a founding board member of Straight (Leonard Lubin, ACLU represented both boys)"

If you read through http://thestraights.com/legal/matrix-civil-criminal.htm it seems to me there's plenty of culpability by St. Pete, Pinellas and St of Florida. Whether or not we can get any accountability out of them (finally, forchristsake!!) is another question.

Well, it can't hurt to contact the ACLU. Note that they've been involved before, they have something on file and yet the beat goes on (ya-da-da-da-dum-da-da). Times change. In the `80's, anything done in the name of the drug war was okee dokee by most people. That's changed somewhat. Maybe enough to get some serious attention for our cause?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 24, 2002, 07:48:00 PM »
Good Luck,contacting the ACLU.  Try getting past the "recorded" message.

Offline Serpico

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 25, 2002, 04:10:00 PM »
could you contact me via email
[email protected]

Thanks
Serp

Offline FueLaw

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 26, 2002, 09:59:00 PM »
The reason I don't need to review the so called evidence you purport to have is because even on the off chance it did exist it would be legally irrelevant. Why would I want to review a pile of legal garbage that would never be admissible in court ? Whats the point ?

Offline Hamiltonf

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 26, 2002, 10:08:00 PM »
Getting increasingly desperate to shut them up are we?
uote of the Year

Offline FueLaw

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 26, 2002, 10:19:00 PM »
Desperate for what ? I hate people like Art Barker, the Semblers and anybody like them. I wish that they would have been brought to justice years ago. It would have prevented alot of human suffering. The point is that the time to bring these people to justice has come and gone.

This is a free country and you can believe or disbelieve anything you want. If you believe that these people have 15-20 year old corporate tax returns and can somehow prove that they are fraudulent, then go ahead and believe it.

[ This Message was edited by: fuelaw on 2002-12-26 19:20 ]

Offline Dragnet

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 26, 2002, 11:12:00 PM »
Excellent advice, for once.

On 2002-12-26 19:19:00, FueLaw wrote:
then go ahead and believe it. [ This Message was edited by: fuelaw on 2002-12-26 19:20 ]"

Offline Serpico

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 27, 2002, 08:56:00 AM »
Once again Fuelaw your wrong.Go look at the website and review the tax report under documents section for yourself. It's all their. Told you we had the documents.

But then you knew that , which is why your so scared.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 07, 2003, 05:50:00 PM »
Tell that to Lulu Corter lawyer dude!

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 07, 2003, 05:53:00 PM »
Tell it to MEDVIN & ELBERG! Good thing some lawyers have hope!