Author Topic: values or imagine propheet  (Read 1325 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
values or imagine propheet
« on: July 12, 2007, 11:48:59 PM »
Am I imagining this, or was there some "propheet exercise" where we were supposed to smile as big as we could and go from person to person in our peer group making eye contact with one after another?  If anyone remembers this or the song they played, umm that would be valuable information.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline try another castle

• Registered Users
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2007, 06:47:39 AM »
Wow, yeah, I think there was.

My vote is that it happened in the imagine. Maybe it had something to do with the whole "You're a good person" bullshit?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2007, 03:54:16 PM »
can someone write what a containment excercise was from this profeet. I remember lying on my back and the staff whispering in my ear but what was it ?

didn't we do a lot of containment excercises

Offline dishdutyfugitive

• View Profile
    • http://www.foxmovies.com/fightclub/
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2007, 07:35:32 PM »
yes. that smiling segment was 1 way to demonstrate that your whole life is a game. we smile when we don't mean it. we don't cry when we feel like crying....etc...   in fact it really dawned on me in the imagine that RMA was a big fat fucking game. not just in the "i hate it here sense"     but    a realization that .... "this place is a fucking joke -  everyone is drinking this kool aid like it's the last drop of water on the planet'    this is the 1 propheet that I really liked. the imagine concept made sense to me.   In retrospect my takeaway experience from it helped me regain a small portion of my identity.  I didn't revolt after the imagine but I definitely had a new sense of independence after it.

as far as what they whispered to us...?  i don't remember........... probably the same old 'that's right' bullshit.  'you were just a kid - and someone hurt you  - that hurt you right? that made your little kid want to disappear forever right?"

Offline try another castle

• Registered Users
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2007, 09:32:48 PM »
as far as what they whispered to us...? i don't remember........... probably the same old 'that's right' bullshit. 'you were just a kid - and someone hurt you - that hurt you right? that made your little kid want to disappear forever right?"

I remember what I was whispered. Sharon was whispering to me about the divorce and being abandoned by my father. That seemed to be my issue du jour. Can't come up with anything? Always fall back on the divorce.

As to why the whispering?

My guess would be that it encouraged the student to internalize their struggle. i.e. it is "contained". Acting in instead of acting out. A staff, an inappropriately intimate distance from your ear, whispers things to you to further cause you to regress and retreat into your own world. Typical guided imagery stuff. It also helps to create a bond with that student. Sometimes effective, sometimes not.

If the struggle is internal, the student whales on themselves and helps to encourage the brainwashing process. If the struggle is external, then the student is seeing how fucked up the program is. The program is the point of contention, not the misdirection of focusing on their own issues (which the program then exploits to further its own agenda and ideology.)