Author Topic: Comment about Mountain Homes Youth Ranch  (Read 4661 times)

Offline Oscar

• View Profile
    • Secret Prisons for Teens
Comment about Mountain Homes Youth Ranch
« on: July 17, 2013, 03:39:24 AM »
Comment to: 77. Mountain Homes Youth Ranch (A blog called 1000 places You don't want to be as a teenager)

Quote from: "noones business"
MHYR is not a good place to be. Parents think it will help their troubled teens but truth is, it does nothing. Parent throw away $50,000 dollars that could have been for college to send their children out in the middle of no where with staff who don’t care about the kids there. A few staff are there because they want to help but some are just there to be controlling and watch your misery and failure. a friend of mine was there and he forgot to put on his hat, he failed his week (which means he had to stay another week) and his parents got to pay another $2000 for that week that was failed. The price is absurd. The equipment and things are so cheap that the kids are given. All of the food (spam, rice, lentils) are walmart brand along with the cheapest brand of shampoo they could give you. No wonder everyone had dandruff. Also if you send someone to this program you better expect your kid to come back overweight. I gained 35 pounds while I was there making me self conscious and miserable. Then when I would get weighed the doctor would set the scale off so I didn’t know my own weight. I have a right to know. God forbid you talk about not liking your weight because you can’t have a negative attitude. If you do, you will have points taken on your point card. They treat everyone like they’re kindergardeners. In life sometimes you will have a negative attitude, being punished for it does nothing but give the kid resentment and hate. Every single person I know who has attended this program has gone back to exactly how they were before with drugs and alcohol unless they were an addict and even then a lot of the people still go back to the same thing. This program is not right and i’m looking into the legal obligations because there is too much going on at that place that can not possibly be legal. It’s a waste of money; don’t send youre kid there. You have no idea what you’re doing to them.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Oscar

• View Profile
    • Secret Prisons for Teens
Ranch closed????
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2013, 04:00:20 PM »
It seems that yet another of Dr. Phil's sponsors is gone. We cannot find an active website. Can anyone investigate?