Author Topic: i was in TLC  (Read 45688 times)

Offline AtomicAnt

• View Profile
i was in TLC
« Reply #75 on: January 24, 2006, 09:29:00 PM »
On 2006-01-20 16:46:00, Anonymous wrote:

"I must agree with the last poster.  Such biased questions, demanding of answers, leads one to believe, that there is no way to answer it that would enlighten the inquirer.  It seems to be a form of getting the respondand to answer, only to pick and choose words or phrases, that can be taken out of context to scruitinize, in order to get a pre-determined outcome of the inquirer.  Therefore, regardless of the response to the question, it would make no difference. Such narrow minded views, and strong minded opinions, without any basis of personal knowledge of your actual complaint of the program, is merely an attempt to lead others to your own particular point of view. If you return to the previous posts, in which the ex-sargeant was describing his past personal experiences, he neither paraded or degraded his tenure while at TLC.  He simply have a non-biased account of what happened. And he defended his reasoning and tenure. There was no need for that person to over dramatise any statements, nor challenge any person who debated.  That speaks for itself. Watching this forum, I often wonder, from all of the people complaining, what do YOU do, to help troubled teenagers?  What is your great contribution, aside from this silly forum.  Yes, many of these teens have stepped over the line, and are currently involved in the court system. Somewhere along the way, boundaries were not identified or enforced. Regardless of who's fault. Life has boundaries.  From many posts it sounds like many would just say, let them alone and do what they want.  However, the parent, judges, and police, have determined that is leading to disaster, and is a good indicator of the parental instinct taht something must be done.  The people that have over 100 posts on this forum, taking that big stand, and so strong in your "skipping through the daisy field of life" attitude, I would have to question. Some have anger management issues, from programs that they may/may not should have attended. Some went, but didn't graduate. Some, like Niles knows absolutely nothing about anything.  

Opps.  He has good grammar most of the time, but logic is completely absent. "

Thayer officials acknowledge using tactics the state would not allow at a licensed child residential program. They include:

Placing youths in isolation for days at a time. State licensed facilities can rarely isolate a child for more than 12 hours.

Strict controls on communication, with staff members screening incoming and outgoing mail and often requiring students to rewrite letters in which they complain about the program.

Denying academic instruction to teens who have not graduated from the boot camp program, which often takes more than three months to complete. Banks said Thayer teaches that school is a privilege.

Entrusting some youths to have authority over others once they have progressed in the program.

On Tuesday a teenage girl stood with her face to a gymnasium wall. A strap belted around her waist was held at the other end by another student. Banks said the punishment had lasted for three days and was preferable to the girl becoming a harm to herself or others.

-- St. Louis Dispatch, October 2004

This article concerns me. It leads me to believe that there is a good possibility that teenagers are being treated in an unacceptably harsh manner at TLC. Please allay my fears.

Enlighten me, oh logical one. How exactly does spending three days facing a wall prevent a girl from becoming a harm to herself or others? It is TLC's claim that it does. Personally, I just think it is a mean and sadistic thing to do to a girl. Explain to me why I am wrong. I am all ears. You have the floor.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Nihilanthic

• View Profile
i was in TLC
« Reply #76 on: January 30, 2006, 11:38:00 AM »
SIX DAYS and no rebuttal  :rofl:  :lol:

You damn TLC programmies are pathetic. The shit you do to kids... and then on the flipside you cant even take a *FRACITON* of what they go through, even if its only via text on a forum without the cosersion, physical stress, threat of violence or forced exerise and humiliation.

Buncha PUSSIES if I've ever seen any.

Nothing of value to the individual happens by coercion.

--Plato

DannyB on the internet:I CALLED A LAWYER TODAY TO SEE IF I COULD SUE YOUR ASSES FOR DOING THIS BUT THAT WAS NOT POSSIBLE.

CCMGirl on program restraints: "DON\'T TAZ ME BRO!!!!!"

TheWho on program survivors: "From where I sit I see all the anit-program[sic] people doing all the complaining and crying."

Offline AtomicAnt

• View Profile
i was in TLC
« Reply #77 on: January 30, 2006, 10:49:00 PM »
They all ran like cockroaches for the shadows when the kitchen light is turned on.

Offline Helena Handbasket

• View Profile
i was in TLC
« Reply #78 on: January 30, 2006, 10:50:00 PM »
On 2006-01-30 19:49:00, AtomicAnt wrote:

"They all ran like cockroaches for the shadows when the kitchen light is turned on."

Oh no.. the LIGHT! Not the LIGHT!!!!!!

Don't worry about temptation--as you grow older, it starts avoiding you.  
-- Old Farmer's Almanac

uly 21, 2003 - September 17, 2006

Offline tlcrescue

• View Profile
i was in TLC
« Reply #79 on: February 06, 2006, 02:17:00 PM »
cute name!   :rofl:

On 2006-01-30 19:50:00, Helena Handbasket wrote:

"

On 2006-01-30 19:49:00, AtomicAnt wrote:

"They all ran like cockroaches for the shadows when the kitchen light is turned on."

Oh no.. the LIGHT! Not the LIGHT!!!!!!

Don't worry about temptation--as you grow older, it starts avoiding you.  
-- Old Farmer's Almanac

"

Offline Helena Handbasket

• View Profile
i was in TLC
« Reply #80 on: February 07, 2006, 08:06:00 AM »
On 2006-02-06 11:17:00, tlcrescue wrote:

"cute name!   :rofl:

Well ya know - Anon and Anonymous are so overused.

That it is wrong for a man to say he is certain of the objective truth of a proposition unless he can provide evidence which logically justifies that certainty. This is what agnosticism asserts and in my opinion, is all that is essential to agnosticism.
--Thomas Henry Huxley, English biologist

uly 21, 2003 - September 17, 2006

Offline Concerned Parent

• View Profile
i was in TLC
« Reply #81 on: February 07, 2006, 10:09:00 AM »
I have a child at Thayer and I am very concerned about his safety. I do know that when talking to another child you lose all respect when you lower yourself to their level by talking like you do. I can't believe you want to push your agenda and talk to a child like you have. I have a feeling your from Thayer and don't have a child there at all. Thayer thinks they are so smart but they are about to go down.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
i was in TLC
« Reply #82 on: February 08, 2006, 06:36:00 AM »
On 2006-02-07 07:09:00, Concerned Parent wrote:

"I have a child at Thayer and I am very concerned about his safety. I do know that when talking to another child you lose all respect when you lower yourself to their level by talking like you do. I can't believe you want to push your agenda and talk to a child like you have. I have a feeling your from Thayer and don't have a child there at all. Thayer thinks they are so smart but they are about to go down."

What are you talking about?

Offline tlcrescue

• View Profile
i was in TLC
« Reply #83 on: February 13, 2006, 02:47:00 PM »
On 2006-02-07 07:09:00, Concerned Parent wrote:

"I have a child at Thayer and I am very concerned about his safety. I do know that when talking to another child you lose all respect when you lower yourself to their level by talking like you do. I can't believe you want to push your agenda and talk to a child like you have. I have a feeling your from Thayer and don't have a child there at all. Thayer thinks they are so smart but they are about to go down."

sorry, but I have to ask.  If you truly are "concerned" why are you allowing your child to stay there?  If I was the least bit concerned about my child's safety, I wouldn't allow him to stay there and, in fact, I didn't.  When I became concerned for my son's safety, I made the decision to drive up and pull him out.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
i was in TLC
« Reply #84 on: March 18, 2006, 09:25:00 PM »
omg holy fuck im ex sr resident sandison and all i know from my experience from that bootcamp is this i went in weighing 220 and came out 155 and that was through 2 staff infections due to inadequate health services and multiple counts of heat stroke and along with many take downs for not even being able to eat a food called "wheat" due to an allergic reaction.

tlc is a lie period the only thing it does for you is get you in shape and make you think it doesnt change you its something every kid will eventually find out and think about as they mature its not worth the seperation and the hurt on your childs relationship with you i know im there right now...

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
i was in TLC
« Reply #85 on: April 04, 2006, 11:42:00 PM »
sandison wat the fuck is up its snodgrass. my email is [email protected]

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
i was in TLC
« Reply #86 on: June 08, 2006, 01:15:00 AM »
On 2006-01-30 08:38:00, Nihilanthic wrote:

"SIX DAYS and no rebuttal  :rofl:  :lol:

You damn TLC programmies are pathetic. The shit you do to kids... and then on the flipside you cant even take a *FRACITON* of what they go through, even if its only via text on a forum without the cosersion, physical stress, threat of violence or forced exerise and humiliation.

Buncha PUSSIES if I've ever seen any.

Nothing of value to the individual happens by coercion.

--Plato

"

got that right...willa is the biggest one though!  she had to take a gun to try to control some kids during that riot.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
i was in TLC
« Reply #87 on: April 08, 2007, 02:14:23 AM »
Quote from: ""Guest""
Look i don't know about everyone here but i can tell my story, i was sent to TLC!!! that is the truth. Lnow one ever tells about what they didi to get there so i will tell what i did. i have to say before i went there i was irresponsible and me and my mom fought alot but i know i wasn't a bad kid, my sisiter on the other hand was crazy she didi all kinds of drugs and she "said" she didn't care what people thought. My dad was abusive and she was the oldest child she saved me countless numbers of times and was the only one my dad didn't hurt regularly she also got her share though. I got the brunt of his wrath becouse it seemed like i could do nothing right. My mother never did anything and this resulted in my anger toward her. i am not making excuses for my actions becouse I know people who have gotten through that. Well as i said she saved me and all the above resulted in a hard shell that only i could penetrare on certain occasions. My mom tried to get me and my sister to stop hanging with each other but htat only made us closer. We did defy Authority and she did do drugs and such but i didn't. i hardly even fought with  my mom becouse i was never with her. Well my mom sent my sister and never even told men until i came home that day her room was empty and all my things were locked in a green trunk in her bedroom i threw a fit. I tried to get my stuff out and was screaming at her that i was going to get my sister back. She called the poloce and sent me to A.T. I was only supposed to be there for like and hour becouse i didn't really do anything. but i ended up staying for three days finally TLC came to pick me up. I had a billion sargeants that day becouse they all wanted to see me becouse of my sister i think.The more Sargeants you have the worse it is becouse they egg each other on. i passed out twice on my intake and all they didi was while i was falling throw me two the ground and twist my arm behind my back until i stood up agian. they never believed me.  Any way Boot camp wasn't so bad FOR ME. Becouse i was an idiot and got brain washed. I realised how bad it was at first and then you get cought up on it. you start to think it's funny to watch a girl eat their puck and you love to tell on people. I started to write letters to my mom not to ever take me out becouse i was changing. I was changing but not for the better. I was becoming hard and cold and down right mean. I fianlly got to residency and it was like cold water being thrown in your face. They bring you down after you work so hard to get up there. They call you names all the time and they talk about other cadets infront of you. they don't care at all and you finally relize what a joke everything is. you can talk to your parents once a week  but you have a family rep and you will get fines if you say anything bad about thayer. Even on Visits you can't really say anything becouse your family rep is ther and .Some of the girls there cry at night but they don't tell their parents anything becouse they are so close to graduating. There isnothing good about that place and there is so much i am sure i am leaving out. I am still scared writing this becouse if they find out who i am they can sue.

i am not a good kid now. In the back of my mind i know i am wrong but now i don't care becouse i was sent there even though i did nothing wrong. so know i guess i am trying almost everything i was sent ther for.

A former Cadet

I dont know if whoever wrote that is still here. But id like to tell you how well writen and courageously honest your post was. Alot of kids who get "brainwashed" never come out of it. And certainly dont see that THEY ever hurt another. Realize that its not your fault. That you were corrupted into doing what you did. You had no choice. WHat happened was the physiological destruction of your personality- a technique developed by cults and ,more apropo, the re-education centers of totalitarian govts. You are like Elizebeth Smart, or Patty Hearst except thsoe girls had they escaped had the whole world to intervene on their behalf, where for you your only option was to accept that lies of your captors or perish- in Roberts's case literally.
I recomend you join this lawsuit. Your story will work to your benefit and your will recieve justice for yourself and the other kids of Thayler no longer with us

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
i was in TLC
« Reply #88 on: October 22, 2007, 10:39:43 AM »
Quote from: ""cadet_cheung""
hey humphries were you there when hayes and hodges cosares were there  
Are you still on here? I worked there when all those guys were there. I remember you. E-mail me at [email protected]