Author Topic: Virginia program  (Read 2558 times)

Offline Kelley Walker

• View Profile
Virginia program
« on: September 08, 2003, 04:14:00 PM »
I was in staight for 27 months form 1990-1992.
When my mom put me into Staight I was 15 years old. I had been running away from home and had smoked weed and drank. I really don't know if I believed I was an adict at that time but I was definately going to say I was if I wanted to move up in the phases and get out of that program.

Since I went into the program towards the end of Straight I didn't see as much abuse. I did see people restrained on the floor and if someone decided to run I saw like 50 people chase him/her and drag him back in.

What sticks out to me is corney things like being belt looped on our way to the car at night going to a host home. asking to pick up every little thing. Motivating, and sitting in those chairs from 9-9.

I had made it all the way to 5th Phase and was started over. I was told I was full of sh** to this day I can't figure our what they thought I was lying about.

I did finally graduate the program. I did well for awhile. I came back home to PA and graduated form High School. Not long after that my boyfriend was killed in a car accident and then started my addiction. I took my self thru a hole lot of crap. And became a heroin addict.

Today I'm doing well I no longer use drugs of alcohol and have been clean for almost 2 years. I do go to meetings.

I can't say my hole experience in Staight was bad. I did learn alot. Although I do still hold some resentments. I am still very close with a girl who I did most of my program with. I'm intrested in tlking to other people about their experiences.

Kelley
 :eek:  

He who laughs lasts
--Crazy Mac

« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
was in the Virginia Program form 1990-1992

Offline jsfailor

• View Profile
Virginia program
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2003, 05:18:00 PM »
duplicate posts?  Really anxious to get your message out!  Just kidding!!!

Offline Scott D

• View Profile
Virginia program
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2004, 03:46:00 PM »
Hey Kelley,

I would love to talk to ya sometime or email whatever. I graduated in Nov of 89 but, am sure you know a lot of people I was in there with. I am still sober as well and live in Lancaster Pa. I am sure you know a good friend of mine by the name of Aaron C. who would have been there while you were there. Actually I came into Straight as a grad a few times while you were there to.
Scott D.

Offline ginabobina

• View Profile
Virginia program
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2004, 11:01:00 PM »
found all this a little late had actually tried to rid myself of the night sweats from the memories i enetered springfields program in 87 and graduated in august of 89
Gina

Offline future.air

• View Profile
    • http://elizabethhuey.com
Virginia program
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2004, 12:52:00 AM »
Hi Kelley!
I'm pretty sure I  remember you.  Thanks for having the courage to tell your story.

Soon I will be brave enough to tell mine.  I'm half scared making contact because of the way I acted.  I still harbor shame and regret for attempting to exercise false power through verbal abuse when I really felt terrified everyday.

I yelled at so many people and I don't even remember who or what for.   So fucking insane that Honesty was the main emphasis but most people were hiding fear with unreasonable rage and obsession over ridiculous rule-breaking.

Anyway, more later....Just been thinking about you since I read your story and wanted you to know that.
I'm sorry if I participated in ANY way in your setback.
I got setback too off a high phase and spending more time in that warehouse of wackos really sucked.

ALL THE BEST,
Elizabeth Huey

::birthday:: [ This Message was edited by: future.air on 2004-08-07 22:04 ]
pringfield VA 88-90

Offline troubleinc

• View Profile
Virginia program
« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2004, 08:44:00 PM »
I was in Springfield from '85-'87. I'm lookin to hear from anyone that was there at the time.
red Herring
Straight Springfield \'85-\'87

Offline N.I.

• View Profile
Virginia program
« Reply #6 on: December 26, 2004, 10:31:00 PM »
Hi Fred, I remember your name. You had a sister in there too, I think. There are several people from Straight VA who post on these forums, definitely a few from that time period as well. Generally the Straight Inc, Survivors forum gets more traffic, so post over there. I saw a post the other day from Brent Lewis.

<--(To get there click on "Forums" over on the left)

Offline starry-eyed pirate

• View Profile
Virginia program
« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2005, 08:08:00 PM »
Hey Fred, i'm glad i found ya. i tried to send you an e-mail but for some reason it didn't work. i hope you're doing alright. i remember living at your house in Hyattsville when i was your newcomer for a little while and i remember hanging out w/u and N&%k Do^ian after we were all out of there and some other kid, i think his name was Dave (something) What was his name? i can't remember.We were all just looking for trouble, do u remember that scene? Are u in touch w/ anyone else from our time in straight.  i'm looking to re-connect w/anyone i might know.  i live in Western PA now and i have a 9 year old daughter whose real cool. i've posted a couple of things on the straight survivors forum if you want to check that out. My username is starry-eyed pirate  .Let love and compassion be our light. PEACE.      
                -todd e)8elb%*#er(springfield,3/15/85-2/14/87[ This Message was edited by: starry-eyed pirate on 2005-09-09 21:17 ]
If you would have justice in this world, then begin to see that a human being is not a means to some end.  People are not commodities.  When human beings are just to one another government becomes obsolete and real freedom is born; SPIRITUAL ANARCHY.

Offline LT

• View Profile
Virginia program
« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2005, 07:28:00 PM »
Hi Elizabeth,

I'm terrified to do this but I wanted to say Hi. I'm here in VA Beach.  Are you around?
T