Author Topic: Riot at Eagle Point, Formerly Bethel Boys Academy  (Read 9602 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Riot at Eagle Point, Formerly Bethel Boys Academy
« Reply #45 on: July 13, 2005, 06:04:00 PM »
I just wanted to post that anyone who had John's cell phone number BEFORE this incident should know that he changed it after the incident.

In April I changed my cell phone number so it would be local in Hattiesburg for business purposes and wound up with his old number (ending in 9942). I do not know John and up until today had no clue why I kept getting calls for him. Today I was called by an upset parent and in talking to this parent I finally figured out who this mystry person that had my phone before me was.

In the past I have had people calling me in the middle of the night leaving voicemails and irate parents yelling at me and even kids calling and hollering at me. One woman from CA even accused me of being John's wife...last time I checked i am only married to one man. I'm in the position that I can not change this number at this time, so if you could please get the word out, that he no longer has his old cell number I would appreciate it very much.

p.s. I have clearly stated my name and business in my voicemail to try and stop some of the calls.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline BuzzKill

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 13, 2005, 07:15:00 PM »
Oh I hope you check back in -
Who is John - what are the irate parents going on about - and how did you find Fornits?

Went back to page one and found this:
John Fountain, director of Eagle Point,. . .

So its this John?

I'm sorry - but this is too funny.
He had to change his number and you got stuck with it?

Really - fill us in on what the people are saying - save the messages please!

Pass them onto ISAC.

*[ This Message was edited by: BuzzKill on 2005-07-13 16:18 ]

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 13, 2005, 09:08:00 PM »
Hey, dad of kid at Eagle Point--if you decide your kid needs to come home, you can go into family court in the jurisdiction that does your custody.  Your kid is over 14, so chances are if you file the right paperwork to compel them to produce him in person and he says he wants to live with you, the court will let him.

You *can* get him out even if your ex and her spouse want to keep him there.  ISAC can give you information on what's worked for other family members of kids in these places.

If you decide he needs to be out, then get him out.

And I wouldn't take the risks of Bethel even if my kid *did* need some sort of residential care.  There are places that are responsible choices and places that aren't.  Pick a hundred parents and let them read Bethel's history.  After a thorough reading of the documented history and the accounts of past residents I suspect the percentage of parents who would think Bethel was a *good* idea would be very small.

I suspect the number of functional adults with decent lives, responsible jobs, etc., who would believe the line that *all* the kids are lying would also be vanishingly small.

Dad, it's hard for me to tell from what you posted exactly what you think.  To me you sound ambivalent, but maybe I'm reading you wrong.

I don't like programs, but as programs go, Bethel is right up there with Tranquility Bay and Provo Canyon as the programs I like the *least*.

As a fellow parent (my daughter is 9), I hope you will make wise choices.

Timoclea

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 14, 2005, 03:08:00 PM »
Who is John - what are the irate parents going on about - and how did you find Fornits?

Went back to page one and found this:
John Fountain, director of Eagle Point,. . .

So its this John?

I'm sorry - but this is too funny.
He had to change his number and you got stuck with it?

Really - fill us in on what the people are saying - save the messages please!

Pass them onto ISAC.
------------------------------------------------

OK, yes, that is the John I'm talking about. So far the parent that I talked to yesterday was the first to really tell me who John is. As for the massages, they have been deleted b/c usually they are just anoying more than anything. I got voice mail just for the purpose of being able to have an outgoing message for these people to hear and maybe get the point that it is NO LONGER JOHN'S PHONE NUMBER. Some people do not listen to it apparently and leave me messages anyway. Most of the calls are from kids calling and hollering stuff that you can not really understand mixed in with a name or two. I figure they are prank calls.

One from a parent that I received back in late April was from a mother saying that if he (John) did not call her back she was flying some guy (she said a name) out to see about her kid. That she had called the office and no one there would tell her anything and she was tired of this. Of course I had no clue what the heck she was talking about b/c I had just gotten the phone number. I was polite enough to call her back to tell her that she had called the wrong number. She said, "Oh, I just thought that you were Johns new wife or soemthing." I was just nice and said "No mam, I don't even know who John is. Since your matter with him sounded pressing I figured you would like to know that you had not reached him. It is really none of my business, but since I received your message I thougth it would be decent of me to let you know." She had a bit of an attitude with me, but I look at it as informing her of her mis-information so she could rectify her situation. I would hope that someone would have done the same had I been in her situation.

One caller did ask me if I knew John's new phone number....hello? who the heck is John? You know more that I do on that matter kid. I literally had to spell it out for him b/c he was not getting the fact that I have nothing to do with man other that having the misfortune of getting his darn old phone number!!!

Yesterday when I talked to the man who explained to me who the mystery John is I decided to Google this school and see what I could find. I found you all here, so I figured I would try to get the word out that he doesn't have that # anymore. Usually if I get an out of state call that I don't recognize I just let it go to voice mail now, I don't waste my time explaining.

My problem is that I'm in insurance and all these calls are anoying, as I never know if it is a customer calling or someone for good ole John. You might imagine how frustrating it can be. The calls seem to come in spurts. A few in a week and them none for a week or two. They are now starting to decline in numbers, so maybe in a few more months they will stop.

Thanks for listening to my ramble here! Looks like I had a lot to say...lol

Offline BuzzKill

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 14, 2005, 03:29:00 PM »
Hello again, wrong number lady -
I do know something about what your going through with this.  I have been given new phone numbers that had belonged to folks with "credit problems". Sometimes several times a day, I'd have to try and explain this was no longer their number - but the same places would call over and over - apparently not believing that Bill Bailey (no kidding) or Moreene, or lately Deborah - do not live here - and NO - I don't know them or know how to reach them.
If you get anymore angry calls, suggest they contact ISAC and file a complaint.
http://www.ISACcorp.org
And thanks from dropping buy
:wink:

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: July 14, 2005, 03:42:00 PM »
I was just reading an Associated Press story about EaglePCA and something struck me... here is a quote form the story

"One cadet from California has not been found, officials said."

The week of the riot was around the time I got the new #. The woman calling called me around the 12th or 13th (I remember b/c it was a few days before my job transfer on 4/17.)She was calling from California b/c I recognized the area code and thought it was my best friend out in LA. Her first call was around 2am so the next morning I called it back and got her voice mail. I just left a message. She immediately called me back and I explained everything to her. I bet the missing kid was her son. No wonder she was so pissy. WOW!!!

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 15, 2005, 04:37:00 PM »
Hey! I was a cadet at eagle point during the riot too... I remember a kid that came in who was big on anarchy.. black hair, skinny? We go by last names in there.  Twins! You called my house and told my mom you got out! She wrote down the wrong phone number so i cant call you back. this is m. young. Post again, we need to get in touch.
If any one has a son in eagle point go and get him now! They are not allowed to tell you anything about  the program!

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 24, 2005, 08:31:00 PM »
Eagle Point? A new alias for a very old, nagging, chronic problem in Lucedale, MS.

Eagle Point is the NEW name of BETHEL ACADEMY. Bethel AKA Eagle Point is a leopard to use a metaphor. The name has changed to protect the GUILTY yet nothing else has. As a LEOPARD is a LEOPARD by any name, paint him white, grren or blue underneath the new name or paint job or whatever is STILL A LEOPARD!!!

One of the kids pulled out of the home by his parents complained the kid was overworked and under fed! That is an old tactic that has been the rule for years there. I saw it myself, first hand. If Bethel or Eagle Point or whoever they are this week has so changed since the state of Miss slapped their hands two years ago why then are they working those BOYS like grown men at heavy MANUAL LABOR 12 or more hours a day 6 days a week?

Does this make sense to YOU? IT DOES NOT to me!

Parents PAY to send their kids there! GOD FORBID!

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 26, 2005, 01:59:00 AM »
I was a "cadet" at Eagle point when this riot happend and belive me the 12 year old kids where crying while these out of controal kid broke and threw things. My best friend was thrown from a second story window. The one kid that was never released from the hospitle overdosed on Pills that where always being sold at this "school".
The director John fountin Is up to somthing.
*hint* Drugs