Author Topic: Typical Program Parent ??  (Read 8868 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Typical Program Parent ??
« Reply #15 on: July 23, 2005, 02:50:00 AM »
From the original post the mother describes her son as a boy "who was headed for either the morgue or the Juvenile Justice System."  What a fancy way of saying deadorinjail!
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline BuzzKill

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 23, 2005, 02:05:00 PM »
On 2005-07-20 14:25:00, Anonymous wrote:

"Wasn't it Su Flowers who got the ball rolling in Costa Rica when she went down there trying to get her daughter out?

"

Yes, it was.
It was amazing.
I wish I knew how she is doing and what she is up to these days.

And Narvin was arrested. How it turned out in the end, I don't know. I guess they either dropped the chanrges or pled him out.

Last I heard it was still an open case, but that has been long ago now - and as he is re-opening Dundee it appears they came to some kind of understanding.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 15, 2005, 12:09:00 AM »
wwasp programs are horrible as a former prisoner im surprised their still open

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 13, 2006, 12:50:29 PM »
I wonder how long it takes most parents, after their child returns home 20-40 pounds heavier (at least at Cross Creek we did) and beaming with the "I'm a good kid now!" gloss.... what's the "waiting period" before reality sets in for parent and child?

Did anyone here have a parent who bought into the program-jargon and marketing extravaganzas, and still just doesn't 'see what the problem was'?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 13, 2006, 05:11:55 PM »
It's been over 10 years since I left CCM, and my mother is still in denial.  She refuses to listen to me, period, even though I continue to say that I have absolutely no reason to lie now.  Even the non-refutable points, like the fact that we were denied unsupervised phone calls and denied contact for months, just don't bother her at all.  I wasn't on drugs and had no real problems other than "disrespect to parents", so it wasn't like I really needed treatment.  

It must suck to realize you spent a fortune on a steaming pile of bullshit.  Or a half-baked pizza. :)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 13, 2006, 08:18:26 PM »
Yeah it's still a point of contention between me and my parents too. I've been out five years now, and just started talking to them again a few months ago. I am already starting to not answer the phone and return phone calls. Having them in my life makes me sad. I wish it made me happy, but I feel pressured and sick with them even thinking about me. I want to move or something.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 15, 2006, 12:36:51 AM »
Quote from: ""Guest""
Yeah it's still a point of contention between me and my parents too. I've been out five years now, and just started talking to them again a few months ago. I am already starting to not answer the phone and return phone calls. Having them in my life makes me sad. I wish it made me happy, but I feel pressured and sick with them even thinking about me. I want to move or something.

Well, as I posted over on the Thayer thread (before I found this one), my parents AREN'T a part of my life.  I graduated the gulag, went to community college and transferred to NJ's Kean University on the basis of that (on their nickel since I did graduate the program), got a real job and told them to get the hell out of my life.  I unloaded everything on them, and told them I'd get a restraining order if I needed to (don't know if I really could, but you should have seen their faces!), and everything else.  They weren't at my wedding, and haven't seen my son, though they keep trying to reconcile.  Never happen-Hell hasn't frozen over yet!

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 15, 2006, 12:36:51 AM »

Well, as I posted over on the Thayer thread (before I found this one), my parents AREN'T a part of my life.  I graduated the gulag, went to community college and transferred to NJ's Kean University on the basis of that (on their nickel since I did graduate the program), got a real job and told them to get the hell out of my life.  I unloaded everything on them, and told them I'd get a restraining order if I needed to (don't know if I really could, but you should have seen their faces!), and everything else.  They weren't at my wedding, and haven't seen my son, though they keep trying to reconcile.  Never happen-Hell hasn't frozen over yet!

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 15, 2006, 01:02:47 AM »
Too bad you didn't catch their reaction on camera. I think that would definitely fit on Fornits' front page.

They still keep trying to reconcile? You're obviously not answering them with "Listen you fucking shitsucking cocksucking bastard, I fucking told your dipshit ass not to call here. If it wasn't for the fact that it's more trouble than it's worth, I'd change my last name just to remove my association with you, and be sure to tell that to your cuntslut wife and ram a butcher knife up her asshole."

That's just for starters, of course.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 15, 2006, 09:26:38 AM »

Well, as I posted over on the Thayer thread (before I found this one), my parents AREN'T a part of my life. I graduated the gulag, went to community college and transferred to NJ's Kean University on the basis of that (on their nickel since I did graduate the program), got a real job and told them to get the hell out of my life. I unloaded everything on them, and told them I'd get a restraining order if I needed to (don't know if I really could, but you should have seen their faces!), and everything else. They weren't at my wedding, and haven't seen my son, though they keep trying to reconcile. Never happen-Hell hasn't frozen over yet!

You are my new hero.  :) The reconciliation part reminds me of how so many kids were writing letters non stop to their parents at the program I was at saying how they were being treated, and how it was nothing like they said it would be, etc. The parents always wrote back to shut up and graduate basically and they can't be manipulated. Guess that can work both ways!

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 15, 2006, 10:25:47 AM »
Quote from: "Guest"

You are my new hero.  :) The reconciliation part reminds me of how so many kids were writing letters non stop to their parents at the program I was at saying how they were being treated, and how it was nothing like they said it would be, etc. The parents always wrote back to shut up and graduate basically and they can't be manipulated. Guess that can work both ways!

Actually, they plan on filing a lawsuit against ME!  They went to some shyster lawyer who found an obscure case that held that children flourish best when they have contact with grandparants and other family members (CONTACT WITH FAMILY MEMBERS???  WHO ARE THEY KIDDING?) so they are going to file suit to require me to let them visit and such with him.  Over my freaking dead body!  I may have to prove they are unfit based on their treatment of me in order to keep them out of our lives.  Funny, I thought conservatives believed that parents knew best how to raise their kids.  Guess that was ok when mine sent me off to be tortured into compliance, but not for me when I want to keep my kids away from someone who would do that.  The corporation I work for has outlets overseas-and if I have to I'll ask for a transfer to one of them in a country where the laws are different (worked for WWASPS for a while, didn't it?) and stay there till they're dead of old age.  They will have no contact with my kids! :flame:

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 15, 2006, 12:03:18 PM »
Wow, and I thought my parent was a control freak!  :o

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 15, 2006, 12:06:08 PM »
What's your parents' names, address, and phone number?

If they're going to play that kind of hardball with you then you should probably start playing some hardball back.

Offline tommyfromhyde1

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 15, 2006, 07:49:12 PM »
Quote from: "Guest"

Actually, they plan on filing a lawsuit against ME!  They went to some shyster lawyer who found an obscure case that held that children flourish best when they have contact with grandparants and other family members (CONTACT WITH FAMILY MEMBERS???  WHO ARE THEY KIDDING?) so they are going to file suit to require me to let them visit and such with him.  Over my freaking dead body!  I may have to prove they are unfit based on their treatment of me in order to keep them out of our lives.  Funny, I thought conservatives believed that parents knew best how to raise their kids.  Guess that was ok when mine sent me off to be tortured into compliance, but not for me when I want to keep my kids away from someone who would do that.  The corporation I work for has outlets overseas-and if I have to I'll ask for a transfer to one of them in a country where the laws are different (worked for WWASPS for a while, didn't it?) and stay there till they're dead of old age.  They will have no contact with my kids! :flame:

You would't have to leave the country. There are several states that have court precedents that specifically state that grandparents have no visitation rights.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 16, 2006, 07:49:14 PM »
Stick to your guns my dear...they do not deserve you or contact with your children...YOU are the boss; they gave up any "right" they may have had when they abandoned you to the abuse of those programs.  Good for you that you have made a good life for yourself.  I wish you all the best.