Author Topic: Typical Program Parent ??  (Read 8952 times)

Offline Nihilanthic

• View Profile
Re: out of country programs
« Reply #45 on: July 23, 2006, 10:36:19 PM »
Quote from: ""Guest""
Hi Kathleen,
               I am one of the "program parents" that sometimes visit this website, even though my opinions are not usually welcome.

I understand fully that your son was out of control, what was tried at home wasn't working, and that he needed to be placed. Especially with your background in the criminal justice system, you are fully aware of what his future could become.

I guess my only issue is why you chose  programs that were outside of the United States? The people who run and frequent this website argue that these all of theses facilities(US or abroad) are not regulated or monitored. I would think that being out of the country would make it even harder to really know what goes on.

I do have a son at a TBS in the US. I have family that lives one hour away. While I feel that although they would not be happy to have  an unannounced visit, the fact that I could do so at anytime makes me feel much better. I am also in contact with other parents who whenever they are up visiting their children, check-in with our son.
  I guess I am having trouble with the concept of the children away in foreign countries. I am glad that things are working out for your son. I would just be very wary of what actually goes on in these programs.

You wont even mention what program it is!

I think that youre afraid of scrutiny... why is that?
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
DannyB on the internet:I CALLED A LAWYER TODAY TO SEE IF I COULD SUE YOUR ASSES FOR DOING THIS BUT THAT WAS NOT POSSIBLE.

CCMGirl on program restraints: "DON\'T TAZ ME BRO!!!!!"

TheWho on program survivors: "From where I sit I see all the anit-program[sic] people doing all the complaining and crying."

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Typical Program Parent ??
« Reply #46 on: July 24, 2006, 09:07:37 PM »
nihilanthic,
                why does it matter to YOU what TBS it is? Suffice it to say that it is in the United States and THAT is my point!

Offline Nihilanthic

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 24, 2006, 10:50:22 PM »
nihilanthic,
                why does it matter to YOU what TBS it is? Suffice it to say that it is in the United States and THAT is my point!

Here we go again.

The majority of programs, and the majority of abusive programs, are in the USA. Simply having it within our borders is no guarantee of safety or quality of care.

Now, you tell me, what does it show when youre SO afraid of scrutiny, review, criticism, and awareness that you wont even name the program?

Some say sunshine is the best disinfectant. Now Im wondering if it makes you a cockroach to run away from it so damned much.

But yeah, for the newbies or idiots here.... lesse, lets name some abusive programs in the USA off the top of my head:

WWASPS (all of them in the USA)
CEDU schools
PCS
Straight inc.
KHK
LIFE
SEED.

The only WWAPSS schools overseas were Casa, High Impact, Tranquilty bay, The one in 'Rica (dundee ranch I believe) and the one in the Czech Republic. ALL OF THEM HAVE BEEN CLOSED BY LOCAL AUTHORITIES WITH THE NOTABLE EXCEPTION OF TRANQUILTIY BAY. But hey, the WWASPS ones in the USA... are they "ok"? Right.

I await your excuses with anticipation, and a shovel for your bull-shit.  :roll:
DannyB on the internet:I CALLED A LAWYER TODAY TO SEE IF I COULD SUE YOUR ASSES FOR DOING THIS BUT THAT WAS NOT POSSIBLE.

TheWho on program survivors: "From where I sit I see all the anit-program[sic] people doing all the complaining and crying."

Offline Nihilanthic

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 24, 2006, 11:30:46 PM »
Quote from: ""Three Springs Waygookin""
Moravia Academy

Is the Czech one :P

Offline Nihilanthic

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 25, 2006, 07:42:18 PM »
nihilanthic,

Why are you so willing to SEND YOUR CHILD TO THAT PLACE BUT STILL WONT ADMIT WHERE YOU SENT YOUR OWN CHILD?

Its been days, are you that scared to admit it? Just WHO are you trying to fool here?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: July 27, 2006, 06:58:51 PM »
It's struck me that almost all of these programmed parents refuse to take any responsibility for their kid's upbringing at all. I mean, if I brought up a kid for a decade and a half and he started getting fucked up on meth or committing petty crimes or [DELETED - you don't want to know what I was about to type], I'd be kicking my own ass something fierce.

There clowns? No responsibility. None. Someone else must be at fault, for They Can Do No Wrong. Which is part of the reason why they send them to programs; if the program can't "fix" their kids, then it's still someone else's fault.

Anything to avoid the idea that they just might be shitty parents, period.

Offline Nihilanthic

• View Profile
STILL WAITING.
« Reply #51 on: July 27, 2006, 08:22:13 PM »
Wow, big bad program parent cant take any responsibility, just the kid.

And you wonder why we look down on you???

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 27, 2006, 08:37:03 PM »
And the programs themselves are dedicated to the principle that all parents (at least the ones controlling the purse strings) are innocent.  The first commandment is Thou Shalt :flame:  Let All Parents off the hook.  None of them do any "family therapy" or attempt to identify the roots of family dysfunction and how it helped mold a child into somone the parents can't (or don't want to) deal with.

Offline Nihilanthic

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 27, 2006, 08:38:20 PM »
And the programs themselves are dedicated to the principle that all parents (at least the ones controlling the purse strings) are innocent.  The first commandment is Thou Shalt :flame:  Let All Parents off the hook.  None of them do any "family therapy" or attempt to identify the roots of family dysfunction and how it helped mold a child into somone the parents can't (or don't want to) deal with.

Most programs attempt at 'family therapy' consist of making the parents into dictators and forcing the kid to go along with a 'home contract' under threat of 'exit plan'.

See WWASPS's model... ugh.  :roll:

Offline Nihilanthic

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: July 30, 2006, 01:54:09 AM »
BUMP.

Troll or a sad excuse for a parent, either way.  :roll:

I feel sorry for that persons kids.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: July 31, 2006, 05:02:52 AM »
I've been reading this thread for 4 pages now with many mixed emotions...trying to sort out my feelings...I am a former 'program parent'.  I love all 3 of my children, spent as much time as possible with them...am a single mother and survivor of lots of crap...still trying to get a grip on my own dysfunctional upbringing...a hippie still in so many ways.  I ended up sending my youngest to Majestic Ranch for 4 months when she was 12....either that or one of us was going to kill the other.  I don't do hand to hand combat at home...just not my thing.  Anyway, I went to 2 WWASPS seminars (discovery & focus)..actually got a lot out of them, then read something on line and went to get my girl...which is when I realised the truth about WWASPS.  I really come as close to hating these people as I have ever come to hating anyone.  I don't believe in hatred...I think it is like drinking poison and expecting the other person to die...let the Pearts and their ilk die instead...I just daily pray that God(dess) will give them all they have earned...it is a prayer, a hope and a certainty.  No one hurts the precious children of God(dess) with impunity.  To the parent who left her child in Tranquility Bay: I hope he survives, both physically, spiritually and emotionally...the odds are not good; although I am sure you don't want to hear that.  I am a high school teacher...I educate; I do not lock people up...perhaps our choice of profession indicates the differences in our approaches.  I do not think the penal system is at all about rehabilitation: only degredation and destruction of the human psyche.  The same holds true for WWASPS so-called 'schools'.  News flash: they have no accredited teachers, no licensed psychologists or trained therapists, and the kids rarely (if ever) see doctors or dentists.  Also, if the people running the program know you are 'committed to the process', the process will never end.  My kid was constantly losing points...for falling in the snow, for not running fast enough in snow that was up to her chest (we are talking about a California kid).  They figured they had me hooked...and they did until I read on line that Wayne Wender, the guy who ran Majestic Ranch had been arrested for aggravated assault on a minor, death threats and sexual assault.  I checked out the Utah attorney general's site, and went and got my kid the next day.  These people are evil.  They are liars and corrupt.  I pity any child who is turned over to them.  Again: to the parent who started this thread...I sent my kid to Majestic Ranch to keep her out of "the system"...another news flash: "the system has more oversight than WWASPS programs do.  The CYA (California Youth Authority) is answerable to the Attorney General's office, among other entities.  So far, WWASPS has managed to operate above, under and around the law...no unannounced visits (I had to sign a contract agreeing to this) from parents or anyone else...and they seem to have most of the local politicians in Utah in their pockets.  Majestic Ranch is the 2nd largest employer for the county in which they operate.  It is a fact that parenting is not easy nowadays: especially when one is a single parent.  The government does not seem to care about our children. There are very few mental health resources out there. The conservative right seems to be only concerned about zygotes...once a child is born, families are on their own.  I know what it is to have a kid who is out of control...but WWASPS programs are not the answer.  There is no guarantee of your child's safety in those programs, and the oversight by any outside party interested in your child's welfare is non-existent.  There is MUCH less care of and for the welfare of your child than there would be even in the penal system.  Any parent who believes otherwise is frankly, being duped by the people who are getting rich off of torturing our children.

Offline Nihilanthic

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: July 31, 2006, 05:17:33 AM »
Good to know someone can actually come straight with making a mistake and (wo)man up to it.

Tigermom, good to know there are people who can think straight... even after getting fucked up with their seminars. Im almost as sorry you went through that as I am that your child did from your mistake.

Unfortunately, anything you (or her, ESPECIALLY, they're much rougher on kids) "got out of them" as far as good feelings is just a pathological effect and is engineered to make you 'believe'.  :o You may want to consider exit counseling or some sort of therapy with a psychotherapist who understands brainwashing and cults... they'd probably be able to help you sort out a lot of your feelings. Your kid would benefit too, if she wants to persue that.

But, well, you seem to be getting your bearings about all of this. Fornits, www.isaccorp.org, and googling about "large group awareness training" and other industry terms, buzzwords, and names, will give you all the information youd ever want to know, but its up to you to process it.

Nice to have you aboard. Just remember, the program is just engineered to make money and give the parents a "product" in the form of a stepford kid. Theres no good out of them - theyre not schools, they're not therapy, and they state bluntly that they're not if confronted. They just SEEM that way in borchures to suck people in before theyre convinced after "committing" to it their kid needs to stay there.

It boils down to sucking parents in, and after the 'commitment' and the ensuing psychological pressure to 'stick with it' (and the fact that they have your kid, a ton of money, and tell you they wont reutnr either...) and then convince you the kid needs to stay, and YOU need to be 'fixed' too. They're evil if such a thing as 'evil' exists and need to be wiped off the face of the earth.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: August 11, 2006, 04:55:47 PM »
Tony decided that in his first few months at Dundee that he would go to OP. That was his choice dictated by his behavior. He was well aware of the rules and the consequences of his actions. Of course I hated it for him, but I could no more get inside his head and make these choices for him then I could keep him from cussing out his teachers and the local cops when he was home. But here is the rub. One day when my family rep was not available for our weekly phone call, another staff member took my call in his place. This incredible human being is one of the guys who supervises OP. In the 45 minutes that we spoke , I learned so much about what was going on inside my kid?s head. Even tho my child was kneeling on a tile floor with his nose on the wall, there was someone sitting behind him who really cared about him, talking to him, and letting him talk. Someone who saw him for who he really was and didn?t just write him off because of his actions. Someone who was willing to look deeper then the surface. And when I was at the school for the second time at our first Parent/Child Seminar, my son would not let me leave before I met this person because he was "so cool." And when Tony finally found him, he did not greet him with a handshake, he greeted him with a big hug. I also got a big hug too! Was he tramatized by this? I seriously doubt it as he was so excited to show me the OP room and his "pose" while we were doing the school tour. He was laughing and joking about the time he spent there in the early stages of his program.

What is wrong with these people?  ::noway::

::puke::  

:cry:

Offline Nihilanthic

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: August 11, 2006, 05:37:45 PM »
Tony decided that in his first few months at Dundee that he would go to OP. That was his choice dictated by his behavior. He was well aware of the rules and the consequences of his actions. Of course I hated it for him, but I could no more get inside his head and make these choices for him then I could keep him from cussing out his teachers and the local cops when he was home. But here is the rub. One day when my family rep was not available for our weekly phone call, another staff member took my call in his place. This incredible human being is one of the guys who supervises OP. In the 45 minutes that we spoke , I learned so much about what was going on inside my kid?s head. Even tho my child was kneeling on a tile floor with his nose on the wall, there was someone sitting behind him who really cared about him, talking to him, and letting him talk. Someone who saw him for who he really was and didn?t just write him off because of his actions. Someone who was willing to look deeper then the surface. And when I was at the school for the second time at our first Parent/Child Seminar, my son would not let me leave before I met this person because he was "so cool." And when Tony finally found him, he did not greet him with a handshake, he greeted him with a big hug. I also got a big hug too! Was he tramatized by this? I seriously doubt it as he was so excited to show me the OP room and his "pose" while we were doing the school tour. He was laughing and joking about the time he spent there in the early stages of his program.

What is wrong with these people?  ::noway::

::puke::  

:cry:

'round here we call that brainwashin'.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: August 11, 2006, 06:22:02 PM »
These postings disturb me to no end.

Until i remember that they're almost certainly fiction (and that last one approaches parody), then I just laugh.

Or try to, anyway.