Author Topic: Please step In to reality  (Read 5797 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Please step In to reality
« on: July 18, 2005, 04:01:00 PM »
I really want to know one thing. Why is it that no one has argued with the fact that John Mercer, and unlicenced "therapist" or a man who concerns himself with helping girls is capable of listening and reading to a little girls sexual history in entire detail.
Little girls is correct, because I am not exagerating. Girls from 12-18. Girls going to mms where not being sent there because they were sex offenders, or anything of that sort. They did not need to disclose everything of that matter. Perhaps they had isssues with sex, but did not need to be analized by a man who has no professinality in dealing with such cases.
Cases in which John listened to young girls talk about masterbation and how they would touch themselves...their vagina. In such detail that was not necessary. What is the need for this man to listen to me talk about being molested and how exactly I was touched?
Why does he need to know where the man placed his hands on me and how it all occured? Why do I share it amongst 30 or so other girls..including staff? Why do people need to hear of me bearing such disgusting pain?
If I could I would have dealt with that one on one with a female therapist, but I had no choice.
If he had been female things wouldn't seem so strange...but don't you find it as odd?
and my entire files sit some where...I have no idea who's hands they go through...but it there for anyone to see, every detail.
And you inform me that this man has done nothing wrong to us. Perhaps he used us as a way to fulfill his own perversions because  I WILL NEVER AGREE that that is right.

please argue with me. I will never agree.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2005, 04:03:00 PM »
and he places his elbow on his knee puts his fisted hand over half of his mouth..slithly..to prevent himself from smirking, and those blue eyes stare at you while you tell you most deepest dark secrets to a man you don't even know (and have no option of knowing)

please argue with me. I will never agree.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2005, 05:30:00 PM »
He had NO  RIGHT.  I am an incest survivor. I had therapy with a LICENSED THERAPIST, and never was this type of "detail-telling" a part of my therapy. The "TELLING" was about my feelings about what happened to me...my feelings about the person who did what they did..my feelings about that person today, and how to come to grips with what happened, and how to recognize that NONE OF IT WAS MY FAULT--that I was just a little girl who was hurt by the very person I should have been able to trust.
NO...he had NO RIGHT, no professional training, and no reason for doing this to you, or to any other little girl.

Offline bandit1978

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2005, 09:36:00 PM »
This guy sounds like a real perverted, sick fuck.  

I'm sorry you guys had to go through that.
egan Flynn
RN
Survivor- Provo Canyon School

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2005, 10:18:00 PM »
And 2 weeks later still on one dares to argue...

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2005, 08:30:00 PM »
I dont know if you being sarcastic or not, but I will answer your queestion either way.
No one seems to arugue about the fact that John Mercer DID cross the lines with many girls. covincing them to talk about their previous sexual lives in detail, and some girls who were raped or molested. No one is making excuses for him like they have in every other posts. They have stated that John used "tough love" yes some can possibly understand that, but how can we make sense of this? Can anyone possibly say how that in any way was right?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2005, 02:44:00 PM »
If we agree on the same thing why do you keep on being sarcastic? I agree with you there is nothing to argue that's the whole point..yes he is very wrong. Many the young women in this forum keep on defending him..now since this issue has been brought up no one seems to be justufiying his actions. This is a clear example of something that happened EVIDENCE. Look at every other topic..someone is always justifying John Mercer's behavior. Does this mean that the whole "battle" has ended?
Please state why you agree. We need more statements made on this topic.

Offline goddessatwork

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2005, 10:33:00 PM »
I believe anyone who forces little girls (and yes, girls age 12 are little girls) to divulge their very private sexual experiences, asking for every detail, is sexually abusive and has another agenda. Especially when this person is not even a therapist.

Think about it. I've read here where girls are forced to tell their sexual and drug histories and then if they really don't have any, they are forced to write about it anyway or they will suffer serious forms of punishments. To avoid those punishments they make up anything they can think of. Most of it they learned once they arrived at MMS. Then these "histories" are given to parents who believe their daughter is so far worse than they ever imagined and they leave her in the program for a couple of years instead of a few months. Quite clever, Mercer.

Practices at MMS are not based on long-term studies that are proven to help children with the host of emotional problems accepted at MMS.

How can they justify taking in girls with suicidal issues, cutting issues, depression, sexual abuse, rape, and the list could go on forever? How? They aren't qualified.

Maybe they have a therapist there, but what about the private "group" sessions done with Mercer and the girls? The ones where he forces them to reveal their deepest darkest secrets? He's made them tell all, sometimes revealing all of the horrible things that happened to them while they were raped, and then he sends them off to bed? No follow-through? What then?

Again, how can they justify that this is good for a child? I've read it here and I have no reason to doubt what these girls are saying. Too many stories to not believe them at this point. Even the girls who are pro-MMS will admit there were some things that went on there that they think were not right. The writing is on the wall.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2005, 12:02:00 AM »
I have actually been waiting for someone specific to repond to this topic..Betsy? since you've been so protective of the school I would like to hear what you think about this topic. Or can you not justify this?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2005, 07:29:00 PM »
And some of you women went to this reunion, right? Did anyone confront JOHN and ask him WHY he did this? Or, did you just "play nice and pretend it just never happened?"

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 17, 2005, 08:34:00 PM »
Only people who support the school went to the reunion. There would be no reason to confront John.
only person that showed was Kerry and she was very nervouse and understanding that people weren't to happy she was there.
B

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 17, 2005, 09:48:00 PM »
Well, how nice that only supporters showed up, and no one dared make these abusive owners uncomfortable. How nice!

Offline katfish

• View Profile
    • http://www.cafety.org
« Reply #12 on: August 17, 2005, 10:47:00 PM »
staff or students were upset that kerry went?
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has.
Margaret Mead

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 18, 2005, 10:26:00 AM »
no one was upset that kerry went.  she was just nervous about it.  but talked to colleen, who greeted her with open arms.

Offline katfish

• View Profile
    • http://www.cafety.org
« Reply #14 on: August 18, 2005, 11:14:00 AM »
yea- lol, i would have been shitting my pant if i had been in kerry's position, leaving mms not too long ago- being on the fence about the effectiveness about the school, etc.

but, those beautiful Mission Mountains may have been worth it!  And if more than a handful alumni from my time had showed up, that may have made the experience worth it.

i want to see

sam
stephanie
tara
sarah m
jessica b.
melissa s

oh, hey, anyone know if addie h was there
she was such a love!!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has.
Margaret Mead