Author Topic: 15 months of my life...  (Read 1323 times)

Offline AdamWasInYorbaLinda

• View Profile
15 months of my life...
« on: November 30, 2002, 12:08:00 PM »
15 months of my life were spent in Straight. I was in California then sent to Dallas when it closed down, then to Michigan. It has been 11 years since I left the program. I left one week before my 18th birthday when my mother realized I was going to leave anyway as soon as I was 18.

I have NEVER done a search on Straight or tried to find out info on it or the people I was there with till now. I have the strangest feeling inside me reading all this. I am just SHOCKED to KNOW now that there are other people out there who went through what I did. To know that it was NOT a LONG awful nightmare. After seeing that pic of the blue chair on one of the pages I just found I think I am gonna go puke. I honestly am speachless right now that I have found others who were there. Part of me REALLY thought it was a nightmare. My memories of being there have been blocked for years.

I really don't know what else to say...

Adam Goldstein

[ This Message was edited by: AdamWasInYorbaLinda on 2002-12-03 11:16 ]
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
15 months of my life...
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2002, 05:34:00 PM »
Yup, I am sill in CA and still in shock!

Offline kosmonaut

• View Profile
    • http://www.5minutestolive.com/qtGIMME.html
15 months of my life...
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2002, 01:13:00 PM »
Hey Adam, welcome to the board.  It's true, we were all there and it all really happened.  Stick around and share your thoughts.
AR CRASH TURNS FROWN UPSIDE DOWN

Offline marika708

• View Profile
15 months of my life...
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2002, 01:19:00 PM »
Amazing isn't it?  You'll find alot of supportive people here, and alot of good information that really helps (at least it did me) get a perspective on what you went through.  There is also a great group at Yahoo that you can join.  

Welcome and best wishes,
Marika
arika
Atlanta \'83-\'84

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
15 months of my life...
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2002, 03:28:00 PM »
Hey bro. Don't let it throw ya. It was just our lot. Sucks though.  
 Something kinda funny,
 I split from MI when I was already graduated and about half-way through "afterscare".  I did a few "wrongs" and thought for sure I was going to get  "sat back in group".   I spent 2 horrified hours waiting to be put in a choke-hold but they never brought it up. So I walked out of that building facing forward ,straight to my truck , got in and drove as far as I could away from there until I hit water at Newport beach O.C. It still took a good while before I believed I was safe. When ever a van pulled up too fast , I took off running. All my bro's thought I was mental...well if they only knew. I ended up living in Huntington Beach* for 10 years right around the corner from another Straight I didn't even know existed. And my worst nightmare oldcomer was there from MI. on staff. That fucker woulda came and got me if he knew I was there! He probably fucked with you while you were in. E-me and we will T.B.B. in private (lol). I even ran into one of my newcomers that escaped from MI in H.B. at a party , and I had to burn one with him to convince him I wasn't there to take him back.
  Hope to hear from ya.   ([email protected])

* Which is ironic because it turns out that I have a 50/50 chance of get the genetic disorder : Huntington's Disease. My brother and father who both lived there with me a while ended up getting it...sucks...

Later.......2Dogs :wave: