Author Topic: Positive MMS emperience  (Read 8983 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Positive MMS emperience
« Reply #45 on: July 05, 2005, 08:16:00 PM »
Kat--- After reading your response to my long analysis of YOUR letter above, I have concluded that you are obviuosly far too sophisticated in the art of circular logic to argue with.  You come to the same conclusions no matter what the discussion consists of.  I give up!!!  Either you can't read, or you just forget what you read once you start writing... because half of what you wrote is just a tangent and does not address my points at all.  And you crack me up when you continually use your "logic" to conclude that no therapist would "violate ethical codes etcc....".   M is now retired, does not have to follow some code that you speak of, particularly because you are not her patient, not to mention that part of the problem with therapy in the 21st century is CENSORSHIP!  YOu use the very thing you clearly detest to shut HER down... a judgement on her rights because of her credentials that you are improperly educated to make.  You would love to be able to reduce her and others who do not agree with you into labels that invalidate what they have to say.  You defend yourself by manipulating the words and giving them meaning of your own creation.  Clearly talking with you is a little game-- and you are a master of trickery.  So I give in.  Your logic may be flawed, but you run circles like a champ.  Keep up the good work. Peace.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Positive MMS emperience
« Reply #46 on: July 05, 2005, 11:32:00 PM »
Kat is consistant because she knows what she is talking about. She has been there and done that, it has taken a toll on her and many others. Of course she is opinionated, so am I, because we have seen the effects of these programs on real living people! Even the best of the "therapuetic programs" are not therapuetic at all, they are simply brainwashing institutions. I would defy any of these programs to be approved by a "real" mental health professional, rather than those who are on the payroll, one way or the other.

Offline katfish

• View Profile
    • http://www.cafety.org
Positive MMS emperience
« Reply #47 on: July 06, 2005, 03:35:00 AM »
On 2005-07-05 17:16:00, Anonymous wrote:

"Kat--- After reading your response to my long analysis of YOUR letter above, I have concluded that you are obviuosly far too sophisticated in the art of circular logic to argue with.  You come to the same conclusions no matter what the discussion consists of.  I give up!!!  Either you can't read, or you just forget what you read once you start writing... because half of what you wrote is just a tangent and does not address my points at all.  And you crack me up when you continually use your "logic" to conclude that no therapist would "violate ethical codes etcc....".   M is now retired, does not have to follow some code that you speak of, particularly because you are not her patient, not to mention that part of the problem with therapy in the 21st century is CENSORSHIP!  YOu use the very thing you clearly detest to shut HER down... a judgement on her rights because of her credentials that you are improperly educated to make.  You would love to be able to reduce her and others who do not agree with you into labels that invalidate what they have to say.  You defend yourself by manipulating the words and giving them meaning of your own creation.  Clearly talking with you is a little game-- and you are a master of trickery.  So I give in.  Your logic may be flawed, but you run circles like a champ.  Keep up the good work. Peace."

yes, all those laps have me exhausted. no seriously, why don't u simply point out where I'm flawed in what I say, I'm not closed to hearing what others have to say- just like i have said before, I stand against insults. i'm not sure what i'm creating, but apparently u do, so please tell me so that i can learn.  you say i seem to have missed your points, so maybe I'm confused- please explain. I thought I covered them as best I could- perhaps I am wrong.  It certainly wouldn't be the first time!  talking is not a game to me, it's about learning and making a point that makes sense.  if i don't make sense i sure would like to know what it is that doesn't make sense so i may revise.  trickery is not my intent at all- it goes against everything i stand for.  i'm sorry u feel that's what i'm all about.

Regarding m's ethics and the fact that b/c she's retired she shouldn't have to act responsibly/ethically, i don't know why that would be the case-  I'm not sure how that consists of me 'labeling' and how that would in any way feel like censorship, I am merely a commentator among many. I don't see how I 'judged her rights' i would say her rights are equal to mine- we all have a right to speak, but i would think that as a therapist one would exhibit a certain level of professionalism that i did not see in her comments, and that's all.  i may be wrong, but have yet to see any reason to think as such.  if that makes what i say to sound like sham upon all then so be it, but i'm not clear on why that would be the case.
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has.
Margaret Mead

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Positive MMS emperience
« Reply #48 on: July 10, 2005, 08:21:00 AM »
Those people who keep on telling those girls who had a rough time at mms to basically shut their trap need to back off. You are trully making yourselves sound like you are superior. It sounds like you think that those girls who have these troubles sit home all day and think about MMS. Its quite nothing like that. But when they go to an interview for a job and have this severe lack of confidence they think to themselves and wonder ...Why the hell am I scared? They think to tthemselves and see one sommon factor MISSION MOUNTAIN SCHOOL!
AND and when they act confused in society they don't know how to fit in any more...That is part of their issues with this school. If you come in here and tell someone how to feel you are  VERY WRONG.
(and who ever maribell is or whatever you name is) In being a phsychologist there is one important thing you must attain COMPASSION AND UNDERSTANDING. Don't come in to this forum throwing your "wisdom" round just because you have the "therapist' words on your resume. You knoew very well that you don't know EXACTLY what is going on here. You do not need to be leading anyone in any dirrection. we don't even know who you are.
and for the rest of you do not be so immature as to typing your words of knowledge towards those girls who are in pain. You do not know what they are going through.
WHAT ANGER DO YOU HAVE FOR HAVING TO COME IN HERE AND HAVING TO CONTINOUSLY POST YOUR OPINIONS? IF YOUR SO "MATURE" AND "MOVED ON" THEN DAM IT AND MOVE ON. DON'T BE SUCH HYPOCRITES...GO ON LIVE YOUR DANDY LIVES....... or maybe..perhaps,,, you have "issues" as well, as your accusing these girls of.

I would like to see whose going to argue with that!  :roll: mind your biz

Offline bandit1978

• View Profile
Positive MMS emperience
« Reply #49 on: July 11, 2005, 06:00:00 AM »
Why don't you talk about yourselves in the present and support each other on current traumas and triumphs and take your painful memories to a professional who can help you gain understanding, stability and compassion about past wrongs from parents, teachers and others.  ... Otherwise, this sounds like a bunch of immature whining..........."

Perhaps if these girls would have been taken to "a professional" as adolescents, they would have had a very different (more positive and productive) experience, and would not sound "like a bunch of immature whining".
egan Flynn
RN
Survivor- Provo Canyon School

Offline bandit1978

• View Profile
Positive MMS emperience
« Reply #50 on: July 11, 2005, 06:01:00 AM »
Okay, I have made like 80 posts on this forum, and still have not learned to quote from another post.  

The begining of that last post was a quote from page 2.
egan Flynn
RN
Survivor- Provo Canyon School

Offline kristiesprout

• View Profile
Positive MMS emperience
« Reply #51 on: July 12, 2005, 12:19:00 PM »
Hi Katie,

Have been wondering how you're doing... would love to talk sometime! Please send me a private message so we can.