Author Topic: Random Quote Changes  (Read 2184 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Random Quote Changes
« on: December 04, 2002, 01:37:00 PM »
In order to lessen the server load and some bandwidth, the random quotes have been changed. Previously they were being generated on the fly each time a post was being viewed. I have changed the system so that the quotes are now stored in the database with the post. So for any posts that were previously made, they will no longer show the random quote.

Enjoy,
 SysAdmin ::ftard::

It's obnoxious to ask law enforcement to follow the law. That's insulting to every cop.

--John Lovell, lobbyist for the California police chief's association

« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
Random Quote Changes
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2002, 01:52:00 PM »
With this new change, we hope to save some cash that we've been laying out every month for extra bandwith.

There are some drawbacks and other benefits, though:

• All of the messages that included a random quote and that were posted previous to just now will not have a qhote anymore.    :tup:
  • This can be good or bad, depending on how much you enjoy may or may not enjoy the really, really ironic ones that sometimes wind up at the foot of people's posts.  :em:  

Oh, and MetalGod8, thanks for the new submissions. I'll get around to adding those in next time I get around to it.
Please let us know what you think.

A slipping gear could let your M203 grenade launcher fire when you least expect it.  That would make you quite unpopular in what's left of your unit.
-- In the August 1993 issue, page 9, of PS magazine, the Army's magazine of preventive maintenance

« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes