Author Topic: Petition Concerning WWASP  (Read 6274 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Petition Concerning WWASP
« Reply #30 on: July 11, 2005, 09:44:00 PM »
On 2005-07-11 18:37:00, Anonymous wrote:

"Just an observation...

Is ISAC or the owner on the payroll of the Aspen Education Group?

"

Look at the ISAC document library. There are some Aspen programs listed there that aren't listed on the watchlist, such as Excel Academy. Turn-About Ranch, which is on the list, is an Aspen program.

It's taking them time to get to Aspen, but they're getting there.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline BuzzKill

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 11, 2005, 10:17:00 PM »
Well, if I understand the process by which a program or business is added to the watch list - ISAC needs to have a complaint from a student or parent. Maybe also some other evidence that concern is warranted - such as Newspaper accounts or other documents.

And one should remember - its not like ISAC has a large staff on hand to update web pages. Things get done when there is time to do them.

If someone has a problem with Aspen, you should make sure ISAC knows about it; and if your willing to stand by your statement, I feel confident ISAC will pay attention.

About Jeff not know Sue was paid referrals by the programs - I can't think he didn't know. . . Really, it wasn't a secrete. How much, and the exact circumstances are unknown - but that she is paid by the programs is well known and oft debated.

My only gripe with Jeff is his not sending out the articles about the charges against the owners of Whitmore - as he would have, had it been any other program with Susan off the pay roll.

AND - I really do wonder if he is aware that she was recruiting for Brat Camp? He seems very upset by the idea of Brat Camp. So, its natural for anyone to wonder if he knew this. If not, maybe he'll ask himself what else does he not know. Maybe he should.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 11, 2005, 10:29:00 PM »
On 2005-07-11 19:17:00, BuzzKill wrote:

"Well, if I understand the process by which a program or business is added to the watch list - ISAC needs to have a complaint from a student or parent. Maybe also some other evidence that concern is warranted - such as Newspaper accounts or other documents.

And one should remember - its not like ISAC has a large staff on hand to update web pages. Things get done when there is time to do them.

If someone has a problem with Aspen, you should make sure ISAC knows about it; and if your willing to stand by your statement, I feel confident ISAC will pay attention.

About Jeff not know Sue was paid referrals by the programs - I can't think he didn't know. . . Really, it wasn't a secrete. How much, and the exact circumstances are unknown - but that she is paid by the programs is well known and oft debated.

My only gripe with Jeff is his not sending out the articles about the charges against the owners of Whitmore - as he would have, had it been any other program with Susan off the pay roll.

AND - I really do wonder if he is aware that she was recruiting for Brat Camp? He seems very upset by the idea of Brat Camp. So, its natural for anyone to wonder if he knew this. If not, maybe he'll ask himself what else does he not know. Maybe he should. "

LOL ... Scheff is referring to Brat Camp and recruiting (or used to) kids for lawsuits against teen help programs?  

Now that's an oxymoron if I ever heard one.

:rofl:

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 12, 2005, 03:54:00 AM »

"Just an observation...

"

OMG .. what the hell kind of question is that?

ISAC is a watchdog group.  Right???

:???:

Offline BuzzKill

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 12, 2005, 11:01:00 AM »
Didn't you get the response to your question you had hoped for?
Oh well. . .
As for what kind of question it is - my off hand guess would be it is a deflection question; meant to inspire unwarranted suspicions an asked in the hope of shifting the attention of this thread.

Offline Dolphin

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 12, 2005, 04:55:00 PM »

"Just an observation...

"

That is interesting.  None of the Aspen Education Group schools are listed, yet have the same allegations of abuse.  What's up?

Offline BuzzKill

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 15, 2005, 09:37:00 AM »
PURE and Other Programs Riding BRAT CAMP Wave?

Anonymous
Unregistered User    Posted: 2005-07-14 22:09:00    Just out of curiousity, I did a YAHOO search for key words "Brat Camp" and these Sponsored *PAID* Advertisements came up:

Brat Camp Options
Parent's Universal Resources (PURE) offers parents safe and qualified schools and programs...
http://www.helpyourteens.com

MHYR - Brat Camp
Coed ages 12-17. Wilderness based therapy program for troubled teens is located on a...
http://www.mhyr.com

Struggling Teen Brat Camps
Information and resources available for parents with a struggling teen. 24 hour...
http://www.helpmyteen.com

Personally, I think these ads say it all, don't you?

Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote  
Post URL: http://fornits.com/wwf/viewtopic.php?to ... =37#116539

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 15, 2005, 12:05:00 PM »
On 2005-07-09 14:30:00, Anonymous wrote:

"Brat Camp is a show that is doomed for failure.  It's reality tv at it's most inane. Seriously, who wants to watch a bunch of so-called bratty teens trekking around the wilderness?  Teens themselves won't watch the show leaving the advertisers with no consumer audience.  

:rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:

"

Unfortunately:

http://www.medialifemagazine.com/News20 ... rsday.html

Surprising debut
for ABC's 'Brat Camp'

Reality show averages a 3.8 among adults 18-49

ABC could very well have another summer reality hit, and this one is a bigger surprise than "Dancing With the Stars."

Last night's two-hour debut of "Brat Camp," a show where troubled teens get bundled off to nature camp, averaged a 3.8 rating among viewers 18-49 and 10.28 million total viewers, according to Nielsen overnights.

During the first half hour the show posted a 2.7 rating among 18-49s. But that jumped to a 3.6 at 8:30, then to a 4.3 at 9 and finally to a 4.6 at 9:30, the night?s highest-rated half hour among 18-49s.

All told, the show grew 70 percent from start to finish among adults 18-49.

The final average was not quite as good as the 4.3 18-49 rating and 13.48 million viewers ABC earned for the debut of the surprise hit "Dancing with the Stars," but it's still one of the top premieres of the summer.