Author Topic: Signs and Symptoms  (Read 16486 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Signs and Symptoms
« Reply #45 on: June 29, 2005, 04:11:00 PM »
On 2005-06-29 12:03:00, mouse wrote:

"Well, I don't feel like walking over to the other building just to count some paper on the wall, but I have seen them and there are a ton. I haven't asked Cheryl anything about Dr Farrow, nor have I heard anything from her relating to his qualifications.

What kids still attend Whitmore from 'your program days'? From what I've seen the only possible one is that girl Caitlyn since she's been there almost two years. Next to that is some boy who has been there a year, I forget his name.

But look, don't people stop needing therapy after a while? Just because someone needs it once in their life doesn't mean they will until death. Doesn't even mean they'll need it a month from that time. People get over their problems eventually."

OMG .. there is a kid that's been in a progrm for two years?

What the hell is wrong with these parents?  Raising their child in a program?

LOSERS!

:wstupid:
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Signs and Symptoms
« Reply #46 on: June 29, 2005, 04:21:00 PM »
Anyone can have "degrees" on the wall...
Records show Bernie Farrow was fired from Cedar Mountain for "credential" violations.....his PhD problems have long been a problem, MOUSE....and I am sure you think he is an "educated man."

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Signs and Symptoms
« Reply #47 on: June 29, 2005, 04:28:00 PM »
Tha Truth: again you are correct.
Mr. Ken Stettler heads the Licensing Agency of Utah, and HE has the job of sorting all that out about the THERAPY issue at Whitmore Academy; and he will do his job well. And of course Tim Lowe only had a Masters of Social Work Degree---but didn't it just SOUND BETTER TO CALL HIM "DOCTOR" too????
And of course some of the SAME kids are still at Whitmore who were enrolled there BECAUSE they had issues that required THERAPY. And you, and everyone else, including Mr. Stettler is smart enough to know that just because Mark Sudweeks says "we are no longer in the teen help business" that these kids requiring therarpy didn't just INSTANTLY get-over-it and NOT NEED THERAPY ANY LONGER!
And the kids there on probation, still require reporting that must show those kids are getting the required "help" they need too.
So, the ACADEMICS ONLY, just doesn't make a whole lot of sense, does it Tha Truth?

Offline mouse

• View Profile
Signs and Symptoms
« Reply #48 on: June 29, 2005, 05:06:00 PM »
And where did you get these records? Because the real ones show he left Cedar because he reported abuse. Ironic, isn't it, that a guy who was fired for reporting abuse is working at a place that was supposed to be abusive? Says something, if you ask me.

And Antigen, I said that because Tha Truth was asking why some kids are still at Whitmore who were there when it was a treatment center. I know it's a boarding school now.
We will fight, but not out of spite; for someone must stand up for what\'s right, because where there\'s a man who has no voice, there ours shall go singing.\"
Jewel, \'Hands\'

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Signs and Symptoms
« Reply #49 on: June 29, 2005, 05:16:00 PM »
caitlyn give it up. You are contradicting EVERYTHING youve said. I was there along time ago when there were onyl 10 kids, I was there with Zita..and there were like 40 kids then! GIVE IT UP! and GO HOME!

Offline Tha Truth

• View Profile
Signs and Symptoms
« Reply #50 on: June 29, 2005, 05:25:00 PM »
Mouse, as recently as their televised "choir practice" there were still roughly 10 kids there that attended when I did. I left less than a year ago and kids come all the time so some are just finishing their year now, some are staying/have stayed longer. Just thought you should know.

"Tha truth will find you out"[ This Message was edited by: Tha Truth on 2005-06-29 14:25 ]
Tha truth will find you out\"

Offline mouse

• View Profile
Signs and Symptoms
« Reply #51 on: June 29, 2005, 06:03:00 PM »
On 2005-06-29 14:16:00, Anonymous wrote:

"caitlyn give it up. You are contradicting EVERYTHING youve said. I was there along time ago when there were onyl 10 kids, I was there with Zita..and there were like 40 kids then! GIVE IT UP! and GO HOME!"

Maybe you were there when there were only ten kids, but that was the way it was any time before about two or three years ago, so you could be anyone. The kid been there the longest back then, I think, was Kasey, for three years or something like that. Is that who you are?

Thanks for letting me know, Tha Truth. But couldn't the parents have just changed the contract if they decided their kid didn't need therapy anymore when the transition took place?[ This Message was edited by: mouse on 2005-06-29 15:05 ]
We will fight, but not out of spite; for someone must stand up for what\'s right, because where there\'s a man who has no voice, there ours shall go singing.\"
Jewel, \'Hands\'

Offline Tha Truth

• View Profile
Signs and Symptoms
« Reply #52 on: June 29, 2005, 06:23:00 PM »
You can't change the contract after you've already put your name to the original. My parents were some of the few who actually insisted on making revisions before they signed. Most people took the contract as it was, that's why it's biting them in the patoot now. It's still part of the contract (to the best of my knowledge) that the kids will get family therapy biweekly. No regular high schools do that. That sort of thing is definitely out of the realm of regular guidance counselors or career counselors, which Cheryl claims is all they have now. By your own statement, Bernie Farrow is a doctor of psychiatry or psychology (if I understand correctly) with many degrees. Another thing that "normal" schools don't have or need. There are a few too many contradictions going on here.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Signs and Symptoms
« Reply #53 on: June 29, 2005, 07:01:00 PM »
Tha Truth: save your breath!
Whoever heard of a "student" being a spokesperson for a school? This is ridulous having this girl speaking for, lying for the Sudweeks. But the contradictions are amusing, aren't they?

Offline Tha Truth

• View Profile
Signs and Symptoms
« Reply #54 on: June 29, 2005, 07:41:00 PM »
Good point anon. It's just hard to sit idly by when I see all the influence she's having on people people just passing through who dont' know any better. You know it's ridiculous, I know it's ridiculous...I just want everybody else to see it for the joke that it is.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Signs and Symptoms
« Reply #55 on: June 29, 2005, 08:07:00 PM »
On 2005-06-29 16:01:00, Anonymous wrote:

"Tha Truth: save your breath!

Whoever heard of a "student" being a spokesperson for a school? This is ridulous having this girl speaking for, lying for the Sudweeks. But the contradictions are amusing, aren't they?"

I agree, it's ridiculous for a program to have somebody named MOUSE GIRL doing their P.R.

:silly:

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
Signs and Symptoms
« Reply #56 on: June 29, 2005, 08:26:00 PM »
Tha Truth, don't let it get to ya. I think I know just what you're talking about. You were there, you saw the creepy little slight of mind parlour trick played over and over again. In a group setting like that, people will go along with all kinds of lunacy. And some of those zealot supporters hang out here and pump the database chock full of their hysterics.

But the people just passing through? You don't have to worry about them. Those ones looking at the conversation for the first time? They generally see just what's going on.

The only voluntary urine sample they'll get from me is a taste test
--Bumper Sticker

"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
Signs and Symptoms
« Reply #57 on: June 29, 2005, 09:32:00 PM »
Let me get this straight, Mouse. Utah passes a law requiring RTCs to be licensed. Mark and Cheryl declare themselves to be out of the RTC business. And, at the very same time, all the Whit kids who were sent to RTC suddenly no longer need anytghing more than a good, traditional boarding school education (from a boarding school with a tradition younger than the aged cheese in my fridge)

What an amazing series of coincidences!

It may be that our role on this planet is not to worship God, but to create him.
--Arthur C. Clarke, author

Straight, Sarasota
   10/80 - 10/82
Anonymity Anonymous
return undef() if /coercion/i;
"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Signs and Symptoms
« Reply #58 on: June 29, 2005, 09:42:00 PM »

On 2005-06-29 18:32:00, Antigen wrote:

"Let me get this straight, Mouse. Utah passes a law requiring RTCs to be licensed. Mark and Cheryl declare themselves to be out of the RTC business. And, at the very same time, all the Whit kids who were sent to RTC suddenly no longer need anytghing more than a good, traditional boarding school education >

I believe some kids left at that time and some new kids arrived gradually afterward. Some stayed - and yes, there can come a time for some when therapy is no longer needed.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Signs and Symptoms
« Reply #59 on: June 29, 2005, 10:06:00 PM »
On 2005-06-27 16:48:00, Anonymous wrote:

"What behaviors precipitated sending the children to Whitmore?   :???: "

For the 3rd time.........can someone with good sense please answer this question?  Everyone has spent 3 days talking about everything else but this question.  Why don't you just create a different topic that applies to all you have been talking about here.  What you have replied with does not apply to the original topic!  Pay ATTENTION!

And, to the ANON poster who insists on replying with BPD information, restrain your obsession with Sue Scheff and Cheryl Sudweeks or post to a different topic.  Thank you.

Sincerely,

Still Looking for Answers  :???: