Author Topic: Sorry it's all over...  (Read 17680 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Sorry it's all over...
« Reply #45 on: July 07, 2005, 02:21:00 PM »
i would have to agree, in fact, cedu was probably the queerest place i've ever seen.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Sorry it's all over...
« Reply #46 on: July 11, 2005, 09:24:00 AM »
Actually Guy has had sex with a few girls from cedu..He used to attenf the parent conferences..Hes a real dirt bag for sure!!

Offline Martin Weems

• View Profile
Sorry it's all over...
« Reply #47 on: July 12, 2005, 02:52:00 AM »
Hey, Ottawa is my true love, my soulmate! The way she fucks with people, taunts, and antagonizes them is oh, soooo stimulating! It makes me feel hot just thinking about it! Her unfettered perfection, her ability to spend hours and hours and hours spewing offensive and superior posts while "hardly ever" visiting the posts is oh, so stimulating! I did a threesome with her and Russ Decker - oh, oh, oh!!! I gotta go now...

On 2005-06-25 18:37:00, Anonymous wrote:

"hey, that is uncalled for.  Don't be a shit.  Ottowa 5 was a psycho, so don't even go there..."
o education, No conscience, No class.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Sorry it's all over...
« Reply #48 on: July 13, 2005, 10:40:00 PM »
Theme of commercial for one of its sponsors (Overstock.com) was "It's all about the 'O'".

Do you think that Ottawa is involved in Brat Camp--- or is this just one of those coincidences??

Hmmm...

Offline Mel Wasserman

• View Profile
Sorry it's all over...
« Reply #49 on: July 14, 2005, 07:26:00 PM »
Ottawa is my QUEEN. Ottawa takes it anywhere I want to put it and she LOVES it. Ohhhhhhh, Ottawa! Oh, you hot babe!

On 2005-07-13 19:40:00, Anonymous wrote:

"Theme of commercial for one of its sponsors (Overstock.com) was "It's all about the 'O'".

Do you think that Ottawa is involved in Brat Camp--- or is this just one of those coincidences??

Hmmm..."
RULE... I RULE... I RULE

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Sorry it's all over...
« Reply #50 on: July 20, 2005, 09:01:00 AM »
Because you're not fooling anyone with your play acting. You're vocabulary is limited just like you're lover Rod the son  of shitty-slavia.

I don't know Ottawa myself, but from what I've heard from people who know her, she's a stand up person, with too much class to come here and respond to your druggie, delusional,paranoid
fantasies about her.  

Cedu is the greatest place on earth.  If only
you drug addicted bullying brats would
put down your bongs, and get you heads out of the paint thinner, you might realize that these
people were only saving your worthless lives.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Sorry it's all over...
« Reply #51 on: July 20, 2005, 02:05:00 PM »
what's with the cedu druggie thing? most of the kids at bca couldn't tell you what a blunt was.

whoops.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Sorry it's all over...
« Reply #52 on: July 22, 2005, 11:49:00 PM »
Oh, my GOD. Are you hostile or what?! You are coming across PRECISELY as Ottawa did! Man, you are too much!

No, I'm not Bryan. You'd be shocked if you knew who I was. And I've never taken a street drug in my life.

Chill out. Ottawa came her and antagonized everyone here. A lot of the kids in these posts hvae suffered under CEDU's "treatment." CEDU closing is liberating to them.

Ottawa had a way of sounding intellectual and smooth while really hammering people. She was inappropriate and cruel. You had to be there to understand. If you really want to see what it was like, real ALL the posts in the threads where she posted. And read all of her posts. Ironically, she kept claiming that she hardly ever spent time in these posts... and she posted volumes. She hurt people here. We can have our bit of fun with that weird bitch if we want to.

On 2005-07-20 06:01:00, Anonymous wrote:

"Because you're not fooling anyone with your play acting. You're vocabulary is limited just like you're lover Rod the son  of shitty-slavia.

I don't know Ottawa myself, but from what I've heard from people who know her, she's a stand up person, with too much class to come here and respond to your druggie, delusional,paranoid

fantasies about her.  

Cedu is the greatest place on earth.  If only

you drug addicted bullying brats would

put down your bongs, and get you heads out of the paint thinner, you might realize that these

people were only saving your worthless lives.

"

Offline Brandi Elliott

• View Profile
Sorry it's all over...
« Reply #53 on: July 24, 2005, 09:17:00 PM »
Stop insulting Ottawa! She is SO HOT! I love to get it on with her! Leave my Queen alone!!!
onging for the old days at CEDU...

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Sorry it's all over...
« Reply #54 on: July 25, 2005, 09:42:00 AM »
What is this on again off again thing about Ottawa--it sounds like an inside joke that i'm not getting

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Sorry it's all over...
« Reply #55 on: July 26, 2005, 12:49:00 AM »
You were lucky to miss her. She was a CEDU mother who came to these boards under the pretense of wanting to learn - she claimed to be a graduate student in psychology. She baited and taunted people, took a superior air and attempted to appear intellectual. She was psychologically abusive in an insidious way - subtle in her approach, putting out veiled threats. Her air was sanctimonious, supercilious, and smug. Most people in these boards absolutely hated her - she spent hours and hours writing long missives, accusing members of conspiring with each other to respond to her, comparing writing styles... she really looked mentally ill to most of us. She appeared to have what is called a personality disorder. She disappeared and some people created "ottawa" user names to make funny posts.

In short, she was a flaming bitch. You're better off not having been here!

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Sorry it's all over...
« Reply #56 on: July 26, 2005, 10:50:00 AM »
She must have made some kind of impression for peopel to go to all this satire stuff about her

Her posts really don't look so off the wall to me. I mean I just looked at some but she just sounds like a program parent to me not the Great Satan like you sound like you think she is

Offline shanlea

• View Profile
Sorry it's all over...
« Reply #57 on: July 26, 2005, 11:23:00 AM »
Ottawa's posts were fairly intelligent and also far less profane than many other posts.  However, when we discussed the merits of CEDU, she coldly shrugged off or denied the many abuses that occurred there.  Many of us took the time to illustrate events or methodology that were clearly unethical, deceptive, or abusive. We had specific events to back up our perspective.  She never really addressed or accepted this, and for many of us, this was like telling a rape victim she was never raped.  

In addition, when I sincerely asked what the specific benefits of the program were, she never responded.  Each of provided very specific reasons why the CEDU program was either harmful or fraudulent on a systemic level, but she glossed over this and never supported her own view with substance other than to say it saved her kid.

Look, even I could address the aspects of CEDU that helped me--although NONE of it came from academics or the "therapeutic" aspects of the cult.  (Mainly because I believe consistent prolonged verbal abuse, combined with coersion, isolation, and badgering to the extent that you are often forced to adopt a story that is partially or wholly untrue is NOT therapy. And this is the short list that does not include a horrific breach of therapeutic boundaries, experentials designed in a way to manipulate thought and promote program control, and a general lack of skill or qualifications from program leaders.)

Shortly, Ottawa grew haughty and condescending, and like I said, never seemed to care that many people were horrifically maladjusted at the conclusion of their program.

By the way, I know total pro CEDU supporters who swear CEDU saved their lives and gave them the tools to guide them, and are totally maladjusted in the real world today.  Not only are they still doing the same shit they did prior to CEDU, but have difficulty with relational boundaries outside of the cult.  In addition, CEDU created these highly contrived, intense scenarios to bond you to the group, only to make post-CEDU relationships with people seem false or lacking.

I also know people who graduate the program in the pro CEDU mindset, only to shake off the Kool Aid years later when they wake up realizing that CEDU programming doesn't translate outside of it's realm.  And that all the black and white cult values don't work in the real world.
hanlea

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Sorry it's all over...
« Reply #58 on: July 26, 2005, 01:58:00 PM »
Don't know why anyone would want to try to talk up a therapeutic school here what would be the point

Frankly though itsounds like ya'll at this site just drink a different kind of Koolaid that makes you completely certain that nothing good could ever come out of any program---personally I believe that either extreme is ridiculous but whatever that's just my opinion

I'm only here cuz I heard about the place and wanted to look for names of some people that I know who went to CEDU---anybody know Rob Cook (could be Cooke) or Jess Thurmond (up in Idaho in one of the schools there in the mid 90's I think)

Offline former CEDU therapist

• View Profile
Sorry it's all over...
« Reply #59 on: July 26, 2005, 09:57:00 PM »
Anonymous, people who post here have reason to. I don't think anyone here is proposing that any of us are typical. We could not possibly say that.

We are, however, people who have been on the inside of CEDU. I was a therapist - not an employee of CEDU, but an outsider who rented office space there on ground and saw CEDU kids. I was horrified at what I saw - how they were treating the kids.

The worst of it is that they paraded parents around me saying that they worked "closely" with me. This was a sham - team leaders specifically told their floor staff to ignore my instructions. I know this because some of the floor staff told me - and because I could SEE that they were not following my direction!

I saw kids "diagnosed" by ignorant team leaders, and I saw team leaders earn fake bachelor's degrees from a non-accredited, distance college, California Coast College.

I left as soon as I could - and now, years later, I came into these boards for some reassurance that "my" kids were okay. I was hoping to find some of them - and I did find a couple.

When Ottawa came, she stated that she was trying to learn about these schools and how CEDU helped kids, stating that she was a psychology graduate student and planned to open her own place. She stated that her son had successfully been helped at RMA. Soon, unhappy people here began attacking her. There are many wounded persons on these boards.

She responded with an intellectual swagger and flatly refused - by ignoring - to answer many pointed questions presented to her. Worse, her adolescent daughter joined. I feel this is on Ottawa - she should never have gotted her daughter involved. People attacked the daughter, but she was a kid - said she was a "teen" and I felt that was inappropriate.

Ottawa showed some signs of paranoia - trying to figure out who was whom by analyzing writing styles. She accused some members of being in some kind of relationship with others that included an agreement to post in some particular way. This happened to me - it was untrue. She made veiled threats that caused me to remove many of my posts. Shame. However, we live in a litigious age, and she said that she knew attorneys and people at CEDU and had printed out all our posts, claiming she would be showing them to those persons.

As for people here who have been wounded, she stomped around on them with a kind of superior intellectualism that was subtle. It left some people confused - they did not recognize the subtle and insidious type of damage she was doing. Often, people who are psychologically wounded from a place like CEDU, they learn to question their own feelings and intuition. Ottawa activated these feelings of self-doubt in others. Her style was so much like some of the CEDU tactics I saw.

I actually heard at CEDU that the goal was to "tear down" a kid psychologically and then "rebuild" him. This analogy is absurd - and dangerous. We're not talking about houses here! To badger, humiliate, and shame a kid who has been having problems is inexcusable and harmful. Many of these former CEDU residents have depression and anxiety related to their experience - as well as intrusive thoughts and unpleasant dreams. But the most insidious problem is self-doubt, and this is where Ottawa did her worst. She played into it, compounding the psychological trauma while she was at it. It was subtle, and she sounded oh-so-reasonable. That's what's insidious about it. What she was actually doing was inflicting more psychological damage in these persons. This was all couched in her reasonable tone - very deceptive! She was compounding the pain here.

One thing she did was crow about working on her dissertation - and said that her advisor founs it perfectly normal - what she was posting here. I suggested that she take ALL of her posts - that she print them ALL out and present them to the advisor. She ignored this request. I asked more than once and was flatly ignored by her. She claimed that she hardly ever spent time in these discussion groups - that was truly bizarre. She spent HOURS in them!

My reason for asking that she show all of her posts to her advisor is that SHE brought him up. She said that he found her posts perfectly reasonable. I can tell you that the only way he would is if he is mentally ill - or has an inappropriate relationship with her. I am a dissertation advisor - I'm a faculty member at a major state school. If a student brought in to me the thousands of words she wrote about her views here, I would send that student for a psych eval. There clearly was something wrong with this woman - and she hurt people in these boards.

This is why so many hate her. She invited it, she was psychologically abusive to these people, and she taunted them.

I did post that she read like someone with a personality disorder. She jumped on that with claws and teeth, claiming that I had "diagnosed" her and crowing about ethics. However, I did not ever diagnose her. I stated that her posts read like those of someone with a personality disorder. I stand by that. For the interested, they read like someone with narcissistic personality disorder, and perhaps a dash of borderline. That's how they read. Others picked up on this and agreed.

If you want to understand why so many despise her, read all the posts that she was involved in. What I mean by this is that you want to read the ENTIRE board that she is posting in - not just her notes. You would have to really want to do this! It will take a LOT of time! But read the entire thread and see how she is responding to people and how they are responding to her. She clearly taunted them in her subtle, intellectual way. I only can hope that she was lying about being a graduate psychology student and that she will never be released into the world of helping people. She's too destructive and too off-balance. Worse, she appears incapable of understanding others' reactions to her - she completely lacks emotional intelligence.

I hope this helps clarify the Ottawa issue. I'm just glad she's gone.