Author Topic: if I could say anything.................  (Read 10488 times)

Offline mitzy

• View Profile
if I could say anything.................
« on: June 23, 2005, 08:50:00 PM »
It would be to Roloffs parents, for i truly believe it was the raising of him that turned him bad, what was it that was lacking there in the home life?
I suppose in those days they didnt talk about bi-polar or ADD or any mental issues, but i feel that he definately had one of them.
Did you beat him black and blue, the way he did to so many others? Was this taught to him?
Physical abuse is not somehting you just pick up and do. So was this taught to him?
Did you raise him on a pedestal also?
Did you instill the vainess in him?
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2005, 09:11:00 PM »
I think we all need to learn more about him.
Dose any one know about his life how it really was? I would like to know.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2005, 03:09:00 PM »
On 2005-06-23 18:11:00, Anonymous wrote:

"I think we all need to learn more about him.

Dose any one know about his life how it really was? I would like to know."

I found his biography on the internet by putting in his name in my search engine....this is all I found........

Lester Roloff
1914 - 1982

Lester Roloff was born in Dawson, Texas, in 1914. His conversion at the age of fourteen came during a revival meeting when a godly Sunday school teacher urged him to give his heart to Christ.

He received his education at Baylor University, taking his Jersey cow, "Marie," along with him and paying for his room and board with four gallons of milk per day.

After finishing school, "Brother Roloff" conducted a work of ministry both as a pastor and as an evangelist in his own inimitable style. His ministry touched the lives of millions of people throughout the USA and in many foreign countries.

Roloff was never shy about voicing his convictions. He opposed Baylor University's plan to grant an honorary degree to President Harry Truman because of his frequent use of profanity. In 1950, he separated from the Southern Baptist Convention.

In 1969 Roloff became pastor of the People's Church in Corpus Christi, Texas. Under his leadership, the church began an outreach ministry to troubled teens and adults under the blanket name, "The City of Refuge."

Roloff's homes included: Rebecca Home for Girls, Anchor Home for Boys, Lighthouse for Men and Boys, and the Jubilee Home for Women.

Roloff fought an eight-year battle with the state of Texas regarding licensure of his ministry. He refused to allow his church ministries to come under the control of the state.

"This is going to be the greatest day of my life," Lester Roloff said to a friend as he flew off to a meeting on November 2, 1982. And truly that was his greatest day, for on it he completed his earthly journey and reached his heavenly Home.

The church and the homes he started were not ended by his death in a plane crash; they continue to this day.

Offline OverLordd

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2005, 03:12:00 PM »
In 1950, he separated from the Southern Baptist Convention

filthy heritic! ::spits on his grave::
our walking down a hallway, you turn left, you turn right. BRICK WALL!

GAH!!!!

Yeah, hes a survivor.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2005, 03:30:00 PM »
On 2005-06-24 12:12:00, OverLordd wrote:

"
In 1950, he separated from the Southern Baptist Convention

filthy heritic! ::spits on his grave::"
[/quoute]

yowza! i take it your southern baptist? :eek:

Offline OverLordd

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2005, 03:39:00 PM »
Yes, and I take a very very very hard line stance on any southern baptist involved in things like this. I like to think its like holding them up to a higher standard.  :smile:

GAH!!!!

Yeah, hes a survivor.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2005, 03:51:00 PM »
On 2005-06-24 12:39:00, OverLordd wrote:

"Yes, and I take a very very very hard line stance on any southern baptist involved in things like this. I like to think its like holding them up to a higher standard.  :smile: "

Yes i also believe that if you are going to do something in "God's name" you should meet higher standards and strive to maintain that standard.
I use to be labeled southern baptist but now i prefer no label, still have all the same beliefs though. I do make it a point never to speak ill of the dead, it creeps me out and i feel like it will come back on me 4 folds.  :smile:

Offline OverLordd

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2005, 03:54:00 PM »
I do make it a point never to speak ill of the dead, it creeps me out and i feel like it will come back on me 4 folds.

If you wish, but I will speak ill of him because he messed up badly, and he did some very bad things, he also besmerched the name of baptist.

GAH!!!!

Yeah, hes a survivor.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2005, 04:15:00 PM »
why do you hate southern baptist? Is it the way they treat people? I have seen christains that where meaner than the devil himself. Did u know he was more jewish than anything?  I wrote in my bible where he said quote: Any harm you inflect upon a jew, God will punish you for in heaven.
One of his favorte verse was Proverb 23-15
Foolishness is bound in the heart of a child-
But the rod of correction shall drive it from him.
He compared himself sometimes to Amos in the king james to both being a country boy-
That he hated religon-
That on Augest 12 1972 he preached about burning down the heavenly hayloft (The Barn) which was the school. And the barn did burn down,
Isaiah 24-15  Chapters 25,26,28 and 30-30
That he resented America and belived communism was in every thing.
That we the next generation would bring America to it's knees.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2005, 04:16:00 PM »
On 2005-06-24 12:54:00, OverLordd wrote:

"
I do make it a point never to speak ill of the dead, it creeps me out and i feel like it will come back on me 4 folds.

If you wish, but I will speak ill of him because he messed up badly, and he did some very bad things, he also besmerched the name of baptist."

:wink: oh of course, hope you didnt think i was meaning that in a bad way, its only a wierd superstition of mine for me only. There are so many bad things that go on to children by "Godly people" that it is really challenging for my faith, for instance, if children are the closest thing to God's heart, why is it that the Allmight, All powerful chooses to let babies and toddlers be sexually and physically abused by people? questions like that are very powerful on a persons faith, guess i'll ask God when i stand before him. To me child abuse is the only thing that should be a national issue and all the so called charities and oranizations backed by celebrities are worthless, it sickens me that people find anything else more important than a child being raped or abused by a parent or some sick pedifile piece of scum on a daily basis, but thats just me.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2005, 04:21:00 PM »
If no one spoke of the dead there would be no history books! And if it dose come back 4 fold
lord have mercy on the people who have run hitlers name through the mud.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 24, 2005, 04:34:00 PM »
On 2005-06-24 13:21:00, Anonymous wrote:

"If no one spoke of the dead there would be no history books! And if it dose come back 4 fold

lord have mercy on the people who have run hitlers name through the mud."

that makes sense, but like i said, its something that i fear personally

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 24, 2005, 04:39:00 PM »
The girl that jumped out the 2 story window was Diane Rundel she was from Houston.  
Did u know roloff was against Man going to the moon?
Got new bus on1- 28-72 on 1-3-72
Ran. on 2-1-72 started new 2 story dorm. 4-5-72. On 10-25-71 saw films. , Did you know people where worshiping Kennady?10-17-71 Mrs. Roloff showed us what she brought back from Hawaii Bro. Roloff was with her. 5-13-71 P Elane told me I wasn't saved on4-22-71 Because I have an un-kind spirt. On 5-13-72 missed meals all day. 4-22-72 Granny told me I could not see my mom because of the way I dress and look. He was against the Black panthers. It was gods will for Martin Luther King to die. He was telling kids to strike and fight back instead of praying. They where communists the railroad going on strike was Communism. The Black out in new york was a test from Communists. Did you know the devil wants your mind and is using Communism to do it? The manacle Council of Churches is Communism. Doctors are fakes Ezekiel 1-38 American people have no heart, pray for them, Christan's are trying to ruin the world and have.
 Kennedy's people where rotten. He was roman Catholic
Roman Catholic is Communism. Communists are breaking up homes.
A man said 50 years ago to use a teenager is to destroy America, Teenagers are destroying the world. Communists are destroying the world, The Devil is using communist. America sleeps. Jesus Freaks get cast into hell. They cause Communism.Ezekiel 38. Did you know there are underground Churches in Russia that have Baptist They sneak chapters of the bible in there homes because that is the only way they can read. A peace sign is a crows foot. A broken cross turned up side down. It is of the devil and is communist. The next election is in 1972 and the next president will be communist. And a commy will kill your parents. It was Communism that put dope rock-in roll, cigarettes in homes and God in Vietnam. On Oct.8-1972 Gwen and Mary took an over dose of pill but are OK now. , What makes a good solider is persecution.
LSD is lost souls damed. Did you know it is normal to have a hard time.
^-25-71 saw a film on Communism. A man is to lead in love. ohhhhhh

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 24, 2005, 04:40:00 PM »
cool meant no harm. wasn't personal.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 24, 2005, 04:44:00 PM »
That we did not have a race problem
We had a grace problem.
Russia wanted the Red seas.
That Ann Landers was of the devil.