Author Topic: So, here's the questtion.....  (Read 2475 times)

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
So, here's the questtion.....
« Reply #15 on: July 01, 2005, 12:44:00 PM »
I wonder if any of the functioning native organizations would want to take issue w/ this? They're taking some of the worst practices alleged to have been done as part of tribal organization, leaving out all of the good, wrapping it up in a newage quick-fix package and selling it as native culture. What a cruel joke!

Redemption: Deliverance of sinners from the penalty of their sins through the murder of their deity against whom they sinned.
--Ambrose Bierce

« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 01, 2005, 01:08:00 PM »
I was thinking the same thing. Maybe send a letter to someone like Winona LaDuke. I started reading her novel, by the way, a few years ago. It was too entirely emotional for me to get too far, because it (at least the beginning) was all about how Indian kids were taken from their families and sent away to government schools where they were not allowed to speak their own language. I really took it to heart because of Straight. That book is called Last Standing Woman.

First they came after the children of Native Americans, and no one said anything. Then they came after our own children...

Offline 001010

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 01, 2005, 01:28:00 PM »
Last Standing Woman, Winona LaDuke

Thanks!  :wave:

All contemporary religions and churches, all and every kind of religious organization, Marxism has always viewed as organs of bourgeois reaction, serving as a defense of exploitation and the doping of the working-classes.
--Nikolai Lenin, Russian revolutionary

[size=79]EST (Landmark/Lifespring/Discovery) \'83
Salesmanship Club \'84-\'86
Straight, Inc. \'86-\'88[/size]

Offline webcrawler

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 01, 2005, 02:08:00 PM »
I also recommend "Lakota Woman" by Mary Crow Dog. A very great read that confronts issues like this. Gives a lot of details about here work in the American Indian Movement (AIM).
am looking for people who survived Straight in Plymouth, Michigan. I miss a lot of people there and wonder what happened and would like to stay in touch.

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
« Reply #19 on: July 01, 2005, 02:41:00 PM »
On 2005-07-01 10:08:00, Anonymous wrote:

First they came after the children of Native Americans, and no one said anything. Then they came after our own children...

Yeah, I've read a bit about that too. In fact, right now I'm reading that book "The folly of Empire" that somebody recomended over here http://fornits.com/wwf/viewtopic.php?to ... forum=24&1

There's a bit about public and official thinking and policy toward the "savage races" and their "fallow lands" up to the turn of the century. It's quite enlightening. And I don't think you're off one bit in your comparison. Face it, we're still working a political social war. Every social war has it's scapegoats. So who are the scapegoats? Kids? Most of them? Drug war dissenters? Iraq war dissenters? To some degree, Muslims? Who else? The beautiful thing about scapegoats is that, all humans being posessed of the same basic nature and flaws, anybody weak enough to have to take it can be made into a handy scapegoat.

Were the power of Congress to be established in the latitude contended for, it would subvert the very foundation, and transmute the very nature of the limited Government established by the people of America.
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0813912652/circlofmiamithem' target='_new'> James Madison

"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes