Treatment Abuse, Behavior Modification, Thought Reform > Brat Camp

Has anyone been through Redcliff Ascent?

<< < (2/8) > >>

Anonymous:

--- Quote ---On 2005-07-11 14:09:00, Couture wrote:

"No, they did not refer me to whitmore.  I had an ed consultant do that.  It was actualy not a bad place.  I mean, I don't think I would choose to go out there on my own, however, it kept me out of trouble for the time being, and it really made me appreciate all the little things that I take for granted every day.  I don't know if it really helped me in the long run, but I would recommend it to someone who's child has lots of difficulty with athority.  I think this program would help that out a lot."

--- End quote ---

Huh? You actually believe programs are good for kids who have issues with "authority"?

Perhaps you failed to notice that when you were in this program, you were expected to obey rules or face the consequences.

You don't think your own parents could teach you something this fundamental without spending thousands of dollars?

Wake up kid.  That's a sales pitch not an explanation for how and why you ended up in a program.

Anonymous:
Well I went through ascent and I think this show is a fucking tragedy. These places don't work, maybe for a month or so afterwards the kids are doing good, but then they realize, they don't have such deep love for their parents. Its the fact that they are in the middle of bootcamp that makes them miss them. Once they come home and realize what assholes there parents are, they realize that they just wanted what they couldn't have. This show uses kids for the entertainment of America, beautiful.... retarded...

Anonymous:

--- Quote ---On 2005-07-11 14:09:00, Couture wrote:

"No, they did not refer me to whitmore.  I had an ed consultant do that.  It was actualy not a bad place.  I mean, I don't think I would choose to go out there on my own, however, it kept me out of trouble for the time being, and it really made me appreciate all the little things that I take for granted every day.  I don't know if it really helped me in the long run, but I would recommend it to someone who's child has lots of difficulty with athority.  I think this program would help that out a lot."

--- End quote ---

I don't wish to seem sarcastic but I am a little puzzled.  You say the program helped you but then you went to Auldern Academy and Whitmore.  You really seem to have done the rounds.  If these programs are so helpful why did you keep going back?

Couture:

--- Quote ---On 2005-07-12 01:23:00, Anonymous wrote:

"
--- Quote ---
On 2005-07-11 14:09:00, Couture wrote:

--- End quote ---

I don't wish to seem sarcastic but I am a little puzzled.  You say the program helped you but then you went to Auldern Academy and Whitmore.  You really seem to have done the rounds.  If these programs are so helpful why did you keep going back?"

--- End quote ---

Well..... I am not saying I agree with sending kids to programs.  My parents did what they thought was best at the time.  I screwed up plenty of times with them.  I did go to those three places, because I was allowed to go home, and I DID fall right back into the same routine, which is quite easy to do.  I did not have a problem with authority, so it was easy for me to do very well at every place that i attended.  People who do have a problem with authority, however, will learn probably more than somone who does not.  That is all I was trying to say.  And don't call me 'kid'.

Anonymous:
Yes. I have been to Redcliff Ascent. My names Brett.  I graduated in Janauary of 2005.  Was there for 75 days, and let me tell you, Brat Camp on television doesnt show you everything that goes on there.  When I was going through, they were actually filming a group from Europe, that later became "Brat Camp".  I have not seen the film yet myself, but I was in the end of the film, during graduation.  If you have questions about Redcliff ascent, or if you graduated from Redcliff, I would enjoy talking to you. [email protected]   I will tell you; dont judge your opinions of Redcliff, based on television.  After a strenous 75 days of living in the wilderness/mountains, I feel like I can accomplish about anything today.  This program helped with many things.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version