Author Topic: How do I sign up?  (Read 1779 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
How do I sign up?
« on: June 21, 2005, 06:12:00 AM »
From the ABC Family Brat Camp Forum on RedCliff Ascent:

Shaunab031971

How do I sign up?

Posted: Jan 10, 2005 04:16 PM reply

2 Posts

I have three kids, Are you going to have another show and when will it be. Can I sign my kids up? what are the age limits? Thank You
-Shauna Beck

Massaratu

Re: Re: How do I sign up?

Posted: Jan 10, 2005 04:24 PM reply

5 Posts

You have to be a sick person to do that to any human being. I was there and i wouldn't wish it on Hitler or Pol Pot.

4calif_roses

Posted: Jan 10, 2005 05:00 PM reply

58 Posts

This is not an arbitrary decision. If your kids have serious issues then I suggest you do your homework first. After watching the show tonight you will get a better idea of what you may be so quick to sign up for. For info on the actual place go to: http://www.redcliffascent.com. The choice to place our child there was a last resort after trying other options first. I will not attempt to discount any other student's experiences in any way... only to say that it was the best decision for OUR situation. After our child completed this program, I still stand by the decision. I have other posts, so please don't go negative on me without reading them first.

Massaratu

Posted: Jan 10, 2005 05:18 PM reply

5 Posts

Having been there and to other wilderness camps and "emotional growth programs" i have seen many people gain a lot from them and get a lot better. Some do some dont. Before sending someone there you have to ask yourself that even though it helps some are you willing to play Russian Roulette on the hope to help. You hope your child will come out better like some of the kids that did but are you willing to risk having them end up in mental institutions like a lot of the people i was in these programs with.

Also look at the post about people dying there. And remember denying the deaths is great public relations especially on a non-controlled forum where people can just say anything.

snowangels16

Posted: Jan 12, 2005 09:00 AM reply

7 Posts

Hi, my daughter is in Redcliff now, she has been there since November 12, they say she will be in there till February anyway. Can you tell me how long was your daughter in and where she went afterward? did you use an educational consultant? how did you feel about the way they portrayed the program........being a rewality show doesn't bother me. calling it BRAT CAMP does!!

4calif_roses

Posted: Jan 12, 2005 11:01 AM reply

58 Posts

I am the same person who posted to you yesterday. Our daughter was at RCA for 73 days. She was there with the Brits for the last part of their stay. Did not use an educational consultant. Did my own homework. She went to DA afterwards. Have you called Barbara?

I think the whole "Brat Camp" terminology is strictly for marketing via networks, UK and US.

EricsGirl1980

Posted: Jan 10, 2005 05:37 PM reply

1 Posts

I'm sick of people that don't take responsibility for their mistakes. You are the parent and you should have taken control when you had the chance - maybe then you wouldn't look like a pathetic imbecile, asking how you can send your children to some wilderness camp. I think you truly need help. Consider taking responsibility for yourself and stop looking to others to solve your problems.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »