Author Topic: This is REALY strange  (Read 1761 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
This is REALY strange
« on: June 21, 2005, 04:26:00 AM »
From the ABC Family Brat Camp Forum on RedCliff Ascent:

BGNYC01

This is REALY strange

Posted: Jan 08, 2005 11:43 AM reply

1 Posts

I have been through this wilderness and this is not something for television, especially ABC Family. This place is placed in the Mountains of Utah for a specific reason, Utah has lenient laws regarding child-abuse. The counselers encourage fist fights and will let kids come within a meal of starvation. A friend of miine actually gave himself frost-bite to get out of a less-severe wilderness but of course it didn't work, they waited for him to heall and sent him right back out. The counselers at Ascent never stay for too long because they break the law everyday. Children have DIED at the Redcliff program, this is NOT OUTWARD BOUND. Somebody please explain to me how this became a television show, I would understand if it were an expose on 60 minutes (they actually did do an expose on a similar wilderness in Samoa.)

iScream77

Re: Re: This is REALY strange

Posted: Jan 08, 2005 02:53 PM reply

10 Posts

Oh, please. I went to the website. Those people have been there for a long time. How do you know kids have died there? What are you sources?

carolynbadams

Posted: Jan 08, 2005 10:30 PM reply

11 Posts

OK, while i dont agree with the program, you are definitly wrong. Redcliff is not that extreme, so you should check your sources before you talk...

Frogger_Chickadee

Posted: Jan 09, 2005 12:11 PM reply

12 Posts

f*** u guyz u havnt been out there and a friend of MINE died out there u guyz need a heart
Megan K.
[email protected]

carolynbadams

Posted: Jan 09, 2005 01:18 PM reply

11 Posts

Actually I was at RCA, for 60 days, and yeah it completly sucked, I think that ABC family is wrong to do a show on there, but I didnt know that anyone died, if so than how in the world are they still able to have kids there??

getchasome123

Posted: Jan 09, 2005 05:48 PM reply

10 Posts

if children were dying in this program, their families would be suing and this program would not still be up and running (not ot mention on television for the world to see)i'm sure that they won't air everything that goes on, but come on. all the things they do might not be right, but you have to stop and think....why are these kids being sent out there anyway? they're not necessarily bad kids, their parents have let them get that way. before the kids are subjected to this punishmnet, people need to stop and look at the parents first. why did the parents let their kids take it this far?
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »