Author Topic: Redcliff Ascent  (Read 2102 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Redcliff Ascent
« on: June 20, 2005, 11:59:00 PM »
Hey,
My name is Ashley and I need some advice on the Redcliff programs.  In a nutshell, I've been through all kinds of rehab which never worked.  I am open to trying a program like this and am trying to make the best out of my situation.  Right now I think going away is to a place like this beats staying home (my mom may just kill me or visa versa) I am trying to find out more about this program and am willing to go.  But I want to make sure I know EVERYTHING I can about this place.  I emailed some woman who works for the govt so I can get accurate info and abuse reportings for redcliff and I was wondering if you guys here could tell me anything about you experiences.
Thanks,
Ashley
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Redcliff Ascent
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2005, 07:15:00 AM »
On 2005-06-20 20:59:00, Anonymous wrote:

"Hey,

My name is Ashley and I need some advice on the Redcliff programs.  In a nutshell, I've been through all kinds of rehab which never worked.  I am open to trying a program like this and am trying to make the best out of my situation.  Right now I think going away is to a place like this beats staying home (my mom may just kill me or visa versa) I am trying to find out more about this program and am willing to go.  But I want to make sure I know EVERYTHING I can about this place.  I emailed some woman who works for the govt so I can get accurate info and abuse reportings for redcliff and I was wondering if you guys here could tell me anything about you experiences.

Thanks,

Ashley"

For a start, I would check out these threads from the ABC Brat Camp forum:

http://fornits.com/wwf/viewtopic.php?to ... forum=37&0
http://fornits.com/wwf/viewtopic.php?to ... forum=37&0

Some posters have left email addresses.  You may like to contact them.  Note that even program proponents agree that you will get NO medical care while you are there unless you are close to death (see brightwinds' post at the end of the first reference above).

This kid nearly died:

http://fornits.com/wwf/viewtopic.php?to ... um=9#72655

You should be aware that while you are there RedCliff will be giving your parents the hard sell for Discovery Academy, which they part-own.  Discovery Acedemy was founded by Dr Eugene Thorne, a former Executive Director of the notorious Provo Canyon School.  Check out this forum on Discovery Academy, Provo, Utah to read allegations ranging from racist indoctrination, through beatings to rape.  Alternatively they may try to sell Hyde School as a "traditional boarding school".  Just read through the Hyde forum on Fornits: Hyde is not a traditional boarding school.

Sounds like you want some help for your problems.  I don't see the need for coercion if you actually want to be helped.  All the programs mentioned above are coercive.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »