Author Topic: Problem with this forum  (Read 4180 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Problem with this forum
« Reply #30 on: June 27, 2005, 11:57:00 AM »
It is different now, with the anti WWASPS sites. A few years ago when searching for boarding schools WWASP sprang up everywhere. No negative sites. After calling them, doing what we thought was our homework on this "school" we were convinced that this was the perfect opportunity for our child, not a punishment. A new school, didn't mention "program", in Costa Rica. I personally love this country and travel there. He was to learn the culture, learn Spanish as a second language (not first), be involved in a great music program, be aggressive in his education, go surfing, golf, etc.

What many of you may not know is the fact that they handle parents like myself differently. I spoke with my son almost weekly. He "worked" in his family reps office and I called and was able to talk with him. Sure he used to say things like "this place isn't what you think it is", but at the time we thought that he was just wanting to come home. Natural for a 16 year old. To much work in a boarding school, alot easier at home. The staff were trained how to handle us. "Your child is doing great, just homesick, natural, will say things to get home". [quote/]

Martha,  

Didn't you visit the school on numerous occasions?  Had dinner with Joe and Amberly more than once?

I was the kid who went there. There was no controversy at the time i was there. Being one of the orignal 10 students, I have seen the facility grow from a delapitated old dude ranch to a high security prison in the center of the jungle. The program was non-existant for the most part at that time. As more and more kids came in, rules came in place, staff members were brought in. In the first three months, we built the "school" as the program was placed around us. As time went on, the facility was converted to a full fledged WWWASP community. So please do not dictate to us our situation and the situation I was in. You were not there, so therfor have absolutly no FIRST HAND knowledge of this place and the events that occured there. For future referance, keep your bashing to things that you are correctly and well informed about.

Corey, your affidavit only talks about the facilities and the inconsistancies in the program, not about abuse.

How could your parents not know what was going on at Dundee? Your mom went to Costa Rica on several occasions.  She even took you out of the school when she came to visit.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Problem with this forum
« Reply #31 on: June 27, 2005, 02:13:00 PM »
"How could your parents not know what was going on at Dundee? Your mom went to Costa Rica on several occasions.  She even took you out of the school when she came to visit."  

I think that this is how this thread started.  This parent was treated like her son was in a boarding school.  WWASPS probably didn't want to lose the tuition.  Sounds like this quote came from an employee at Dundee.  Why would you treat this parent different and let them take him out of school on a visit?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Problem with this forum
« Reply #32 on: June 27, 2005, 10:10:00 PM »
I agree, sounds like WWASPS employees moniter this forum.  Who else would know this info?