Author Topic: Troubled Teen: Parents, please think twice before .....  (Read 6001 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Troubled Teen: Parents, please think twice before .....
« Reply #15 on: June 16, 2005, 03:30:00 PM »
On 2005-06-16 11:25:00, OverLordd wrote:

"Ok, I understand, as I said on another post, they did not harm you physically but they did emotionally, do I understand the situation? And you dont like them, but you do think they were trying to help? You just dont completely hate them or somthing?

Nobody writes curriculum for self-determined spiritual individuals and expects to sell it in the public school market.

http://www.johntaylorgatto.com/chapters/13e.htm' target='_new'>John Taylor Gatto

"

i think that for some aspects, yes, they are trying to get kids to rralize that what they were doing pre program was " non working ". I have always liked that seminars. I just though it was fun. crying in them was becase the songs reminded me of my dad. but i still enjoy seminars. but i didnt like what went on in the dorms. but yeah i would say what u wrote is true
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 16, 2005, 04:11:00 PM »
On 2005-06-16 12:30:00, Anonymous wrote:

"

On 2005-06-16 11:25:00, OverLordd wrote:

"Ok, I understand, as I said on another post, they did not harm you physically but they did emotionally, do I understand the situation? And you dont like them, but you do think they were trying to help? You just dont completely hate them or somthing?

Nobody writes curriculum for self-determined spiritual individuals and expects to sell it in the public school market.

http://www.johntaylorgatto.com/chapters/13e.htm' target='_new'>John Taylor Gatto

"

i think that for some aspects, yes, they are trying to get kids to rralize that what they were doing pre program was " non working ". I have always liked that seminars. I just though it was fun. crying in them was becase the songs reminded me of my dad. but i still enjoy seminars. but i didnt like what went on in the dorms. but yeah i would say what u wrote is true"

How can anyone "enjoy" a seminar? how can anyone enjoy being forced to share their "deepest, darkest secret" with strangers, and them get ripped to pieces and have your personal issues used against you/ how can anyone benefit, not to mention enjoy, an EST-style seminar?

Offline jodi805

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 19, 2005, 02:52:00 AM »
I went on this site to get this parent resource book for troubled teen and the people emailed me back with a website to go to called parentoptionts.com ( haven't checked it out yet ) because they also sent me three websites to check out and they were the 3 main places everybody is talking about Casa By the Sea, Spring Creek Lodge, and Ivy Ridge. Ater checking them out and reading all of these horror stories and what all these poor kids and people went through, I think I will handle my own problems with my daughter. She is only 15 and there is still hope for her and alot of room for her to grow. If anything like that ever happened to her somebody would really be fuckin sorry, because they would be hearing about me on the news!! :flame:  :wave:

Offline OverLordd

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 19, 2005, 11:36:00 PM »
good good, your a good man, better than most parents, im happy for you, I hope everything works out.

If triangles had a God, He'd have three sides.
--Old Yiddish proverb

our walking down a hallway, you turn left, you turn right. BRICK WALL!

GAH!!!!

Yeah, hes a survivor.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 19, 2005, 11:44:00 PM »
On 2005-06-18 23:52:00, jodi805 wrote:

"I went on this site to get this parent resource book for troubled teen and the people emailed me back with a website to go to called parentoptionts.com ( haven't checked it out yet ) because they also sent me three websites to check out and they were the 3 main places everybody is talking about Casa By the Sea, Spring Creek Lodge, and Ivy Ridge. Ater checking them out and reading all of these horror stories and what all these poor kids and people went through, I think I will handle my own problems with my daughter. She is only 15 and there is still hope for her and alot of room for her to grow. If anything like that ever happened to her somebody would really be fuckin sorry, because they would be hearing about me on the news!! :flame:  :wave: "

What are the websites?

Offline jodi805

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 20, 2005, 12:57:00 AM »
Here is the Email they sent me w/ the 3 websites. I just think It's a bunch of bullshit that after all of this stuff has happened to all of these people that they are still recomending these schools or whatever the hell you call them!!!! Isn't Casa By the Sea closed? And when was it closed? Are these people that stupid that they are not even up to date on their current events. Stupid ignorant people!! I'm a single mom and she is my only child, yes it's been a struggle and very hard for me, I know it is going to get alot harder too, but like I said I will handle my daughters own problems, because if somebody hurts my daughter I will fuckin kill them!!!!!!!!!!  

______________  HERE IS THE EMAIL ________________

Thank You for using Parent Options. Our goal is
to give parents different options on price and locations that can best help their struggling teen. You may shortly receive a call from representatives of the 3 schools below. For
your convenience we have also included the
schools phone numbers and web addresses below. We will also be sending you a listing of other schools and programs that may also assist you in getting help.

Spring Creek Academy is one of the Nation's most
popular Schools for Struggling Teens. It has a tremendous track record and a high parent
satisfaction rate.
Phone:  800-637-0701
Web: http://sclinfo.com/th/

Casa by the Sea is a renown program that provides
superior quality and services, yet is very cost effective. It is considered by many to be the Best
Value available.
Phone: 877-865-9935
Web:http://tic.casabythesea.org/

Academy of Ivy Ridge is one of the Nation's most
advanced Schools. It utilizes a "state of the art" computerized curriculum. It also provides the right kind of environment and support that assist many of Today's students in succeeding.
Phone: 800-793-5156
Web: http://prh.ivyridge.us/

Offline jodi805

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 20, 2005, 02:02:00 AM »
::blushing:: Sorry, I don't know how I got my post on there twice. I'm new at this. ::rainbow::

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
« Reply #22 on: June 20, 2005, 12:25:00 PM »
On 2005-06-19 23:02:00, jodi805 wrote:

" ::blushing:: Sorry, I don't know how I got my post on there twice. I'm new at this. ::rainbow:: "

I dunno. Are you hitting reload when you back up after posting? If you figure it out, please let me know. Maybe there's something I can do to make that not happen.

O senseless man, who cannot possibly make a worm and yet will make Gods by the dozen!
--Michel Eyqyem de Montaigne, French essayist

"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes