Author Topic: More News about Whitmore/Cheryl Sudweeks  (Read 17603 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
More News about Whitmore/Cheryl Sudweeks
« Reply #135 on: June 19, 2005, 06:52:00 PM »
On 2005-06-19 15:11:00, Anonymous wrote:

"since when are concerts with drugs a safe place?"

If you think that kids are not exposed to drugs while they are at Whitmore, you are crazy.  Most of the kids there have alcohol and drug problems.
Do you think just because they were there they were away from drugs?  They had no supervision, sometimes being left, for instance, at the mall in Provo, all day.  I know of kids who snuck out at night.  Cheryl drugs were not kept in a locked cabinet.  

You know what, there are lots of kids exposed to drugs that never use them.  Just because there are drugs at a concert doesn't mean everyone there is doing drugs.

Pot has been at concerts since the '60's.  Kids have to make choices. You just hope they make the right one.  To think that most kids don't do some experimenting is not being realistic.  It's up to parents to educate their children, and then hope for the best.  Can't keep them in a bubble.

Besides, the choice to go to a concert was that of the boys from Whitmore.  They are the ones who are responsible for their actions.  They were trusted to do what they said they would do.  They chose to do something else.  

16, 17 and 18 year old boys
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #136 on: June 19, 2005, 06:55:00 PM »
On 2005-06-19 14:52:00, Anonymous wrote:

"

On 2005-06-19 13:42:00, Anonymous wrote:

"I have no knowledge of any hacking and dont agree with that. I have also never received any hacked information from anyone. As for the other part of your question i agree with part of it, normally any situation should be dealt with in prayer and as you see i did not involve myself with ivy ridge however i believe that lines have been crossed here with no accountability and because of that i fear a never ending amount of situations like this one where an adult thinks that it is ok to decide for other peoples kids.  I dont want anything to happen to these kids, joyce said herself she didnt want to talk to me because of chris, well I feel if the adults would have talked maybe all three kids would be home safe.  I do look at peoples moral character when deciding things and although i am no judge, god is, you have to at some point say its not my place to override parents. To me it has become a moral issue and when i felt a threatening type statement issued towards me and my son then i felt prudent to check on who i was dealing with but you dont have to find out about people through illegal means investigators and lawyers can find anything so i dont know why people stoop to illegal measures and i am not part of that and had no knowledge of that until you mentioned it on this forum.  information should always be obtained legally and kids should be left out even ones that are barely 18 they are not making mature decisions and I would never in a million years want to see any of them hurt and not joyces daughter either.  In fact she is younger than the other kids and i hope she knows nothing of any of this.  What i would like to see happen is no one ever get involved with making decisions for other peoples kids and if they think there is a problem call the adults. I have ask for advice from spiritual leaders and they have instructed me to leave it in Gods hands but its hard to do that 100 percent when you feel attacked and lied about. I wish i was placing complete faith in our lord but i am human.  "

As I stated before, you have a brain, and while you are on this earth we are all held to the law of man.  Joyce Harris broke no law.  She simply gave kids money they were asking for to get them to a safe place.  There is not law against giving kids money. End of story.  

I don't know what you think you know about Joyce Harris, and I really don't care.  That has nothing to do with the fact that Cheryl Sudweeks has been accused of child abuse.  

It seems to me that Cheryl overstepped her bounds with OTHER PEOPLE'S CHILDREN, when she decided to deprive them of their education, proper food and humilitated and abused them.  If you really are concerned about kids, have your investigators look into the abusive programs, most of which are in Utah.  Do something useful for all of these kids that get abused under the guise of helping them, scamming thousands of dollars from unsuspecting and desparate parents.

It seems to me your time would be better served trying to get some sort of justice for these parents and kids, rather than going after a parent of one of the abused."

Again, you have not addressed the issues brought up in my post.  Again, you are trying to hide from the issues presented to you.

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
« Reply #137 on: June 19, 2005, 09:07:00 PM »
On 2005-06-19 15:11:00, Anonymous wrote:

"since when are concerts with drugs a safe place?"

Since the troubled parent industry began brainwashing kids for fun and profit, concerts have been a safe place by comparison.

Funny story. First time I ran from Straight, I landed up at the Jesus `81 Festival. A staff member's brother, who evidently didn't feel any strong fidelity to the Program, had picked me up hitchhiking in the wee hours, and that's where they were headed, so that's where I went.

Perfect! There were over 10k pentacostals, holly rollers and traveling show people, all squatting or camping or milling around Orlando Fairgrounds. No way they were going to find me there! I even called home and told my mom where I was. What could she do?

This staffer's brother and about 3 of his friends all knew I was a runaway from Straight. They hid me out, fed me, gave me advice, introduced me to people they thought might be able to help me out and, finally, after the weekend, brought me to a friend who was a former Jesuit priest. This former priest put me up for the night in his spare room and insisted that I call my mom and try to work things out. So I did. But she lied, saying I could go home and not go back to the program. When I told him I knew she was lying, this good Jesuit gave me his phone number and promised to come get me any time of day or night if the deal went sideways. Next day, he made good on that promise. Picked me up from a house where I'd hidden till nightfall and brought me out to the highway on the edge of town so I could hitchhike the hell out of Florida.

I will always be grateful to this guy, his wife and Pete's brother and friends. Never let morality get in the way of doing what's right. (or Never let your dogma run out in front of your karma)

A free man must be able to endure it when his fellow men act and live otherwise than he considers proper. He must free himself from the habit, just as soon as something does not please him, of calling for the police.
Anonymity Anonymous
return undef() if /coercion/i;
"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes