Author Topic: Ken Kay "barely the cost of a G35 infinity"  (Read 1774 times)

Offline cherish wisdom

• View Profile
Ken Kay "barely the cost of a G35 infinity"
« on: June 12, 2005, 03:57:00 PM »
Ken Kay says the yearly cost of a WWASP intervention is well worth it and "barely the cost of a G35 Infinity." Like we all have one of those.......

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,159276,00.html

- Tough-Love Schools Are Both Loved, Hated (on FoxNews.com)

[ This Message was edited by: cherish wisdom on 2005-06-12 13:03 ]
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
If you lack wisdom ask of God and it shall be given to you.\"

Offline cherish wisdom

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2005, 04:01:00 PM »
Tough-Love Schools Are Both Loved, Hated  
Saturday, June 11, 2005

PHOTOS  VIDEO

Click image to enlarge

LAVERKIN, Utah. ? Some schools sprouting up around the United States that are designed to practice tough-love with troubled teens are causing some communities to think twice about bringing one to their town.

The tough-love facilites, which aim to straighten out kids by teaching them how to be more responsible and make better decisions, can be a big help to parents.

Click in the box near the top of the story to watch FOX News' Carol McKinley report this three-part series.

The schools try to "decrease the desirability of unhealthy choices" and "increase the desirability of healthy choices," said Norm Thibault, a therapist at Cross Creek Academy (search), a tough-love facility in Utah.

"Here's a program where there's no swearing, no smoking, no alcohol, no drugs, no boy-and-girl interaction, go to school every day," said Cross Creek owner Karr Farnsworth.

At about $50,000, they're not cheap ? although Ken Kay, director of Utah-based Worldwide Association of Specialty Programs and Schools (search), or WWASPS, which maintains six tough-love facilities including Cross Creek, says the cost is well worth it.

It's "barely the cost of a G35 Infinity ? the cost of a new car," Kay says. :nworthy:  :nworthy:  :nworthy:

It will be generally found that those who sneer habitually at human nature and affect to despise it, are among its worst and least pleasant examples

--Charles Dickens

Offline `

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2005, 06:11:00 PM »
"...Kay said to be wary of abuse allegations, since they often come from troubled teens with a history of lying."

that is exactly what Executive Staff said about abuse allegations coming out of Straight. as recently as 1992! even after all the lawsuits and the known bullshit! Suzanne Hardmann Lovelace AND Joy Margolis were at Straight at the time when a friend of mine was put on "consequences" like 90 second cold showers. i was physically restrained on the floor for trying to get my arms out of the grip of two girls who were "motivating" them for me -- that means, i refused to "motivate", which is flapping your arms over your head to get called on, so they sat two girls next to me to make me! many people witnessed abuse during the tenure of these two women. i myself got an infection that went for a week without medical attention until i landed up in the hospital and i could have died! and Suzanne Lovelace and Joy Margolis were there at the time, Executive Staff, like I was saying, and they gave the same old line that Ken Kay is giving. see the links below. and you wonder why many of us old program vets have so little patience for the lies. we have heard them all before.

http://http://fornits.com/wwf/viewtopic.php?topic=8699&forum=7&4

http://http://fornits.com/wwf/viewtopic.php?topic=8700&forum=7&6

"...Although Layne's experience with the facility was a nightmare, his mother believes the WWASPS programs may be a way for some teens to turn their lives around but she wants parents to think carefully before placing their children in a residential treatment center.

"I totally blame myself," Cameron said."

either Cameron is being misquoted or taken out of context or something, or she doesn't understand the inherent force and subjugation in these power and control systems, and as Cayo and Greg have pointed out recently, the fundamental brainwashing/thought reform practices that are incredibly damaging although they are still not well understood and are a more complicated and less sensational -- in terms of media -- part of the story of the Gulags.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2005, 08:20:00 PM »
On 2005-06-12 12:57:00, cherish wisdom wrote:

"Ken Kay says the yearly cost of a WWASP intervention is well worth it and "barely the cost of a G35 Infinity." Like we all have one of those.......

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,159276,00.html

- Tough-Love Schools Are Both Loved, Hated (on FoxNews.com)

[ This Message was edited by: cherish wisdom on 2005-06-12 13:03 ]"

Man, this guy is so out of touch with reality.

I pity every child under the control of this delusional individual and every parent who pays to subject their child to such mindless crap.

Offline cherish wisdom

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2005, 08:30:00 PM »
They are WAY out of touch.  With millions of dollars in profit per  year these people have money to burn.  Like an ORDINARY car is an infinity.  It's like - it's only the cost of a new car - for some schools it's the cost of a new BENTLEY - Provo Canyon = over $120,000 per year.  

They essentially want people to take out education loans and mortgage their homes to litterally WHIP their kids into shape. Their methods are insane and serve only to further traumatize many.  Truth be known - ALL teens qualify for their program.  They are only interested in money and parents need to realize this. The best place for any child is at home. Parents need to take the time to help their own child.  [ This Message was edited by: cherish wisdom on 2005-06-12 17:33 ]

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2005, 10:05:00 PM »
On 2005-06-12 17:30:00, cherish wisdom wrote:

"They are WAY out of touch.  With millions of dollars in profit per  year these people have money to burn.  Like an ORDINARY car is an infinity.  It's like - it's only the cost of a new car - for some schools it's the cost of a new BENTLEY - Provo Canyon = over $120,000 per year.  

They essentially want people to take out education loans and mortgage their homes to litterally WHIP their kids into shape. Their methods are insane and serve only to further traumatize many.  Truth be known - ALL teens qualify for their program.  They are only interested in money and parents need to realize this. The best place for any child is at home. Parents need to take the time to help their own child.  [ This Message was edited by: cherish wisdom on 2005-06-12 17:33 ]"

Very well said CW ... from your lips to parents ears.

As for the car analogy?

It's ridiculous ... though I do agree parents are being taken for a ride with these outfits.

They should keep their children at home and find a way to help them navigate their way through adolescence as best they can.  

This is a new age ... there are alternative that don't come with a hefty price tag to keep your kid under lock and key.  Family therapy can be especially effective when parents and teens make an honest effort to work through their issues. Notice I said THEIR?  Parents aren't perfect .. why should they expect their children to be?

Let your children find themselves and learn to love and appreciate their parents based on mutual respect not through some bogus discovery program sold and packaged by profiteers.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2005, 02:00:00 PM »
I wonder how many parents tied less drastic measured before a WWASP intervention. There's some interesting info on the ISAC forum. It litterally shows that their sales people get free dinners if they convince parents to ship their children off to a wwasp program. They are told to tell them that they are all good programs, none is better than the other.  It's something worth seeing.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2005, 02:07:00 PM »
Most of their business is through referall. Lets say one parent has enough money to keep their kid there for 6 months (thinking that would be more than enough time in the start), but then they are told they need to stay for 2 years, their child is not quite ready yet. The desperate parents have no choice but to start recruiting other people's kids to get free months. This is why parents get so defensive about the program, it is also why some parents push the program so hardcore. It's about the money. We are talking about over $3000 for every child referred! It turns they parents into hardcore program supporters, pushing the idea of sending their kids away to all of their friends, even though they don't know the other children, or if they even have any problems.

With the reassurance of close friends, parents are much more comfortable sending their child away. They also have a support group, in which parents all get together and explain away their doubts about sending their children to child abusing sadistic freaks thousand of miles away, while emptying their bank accounts. Without that peer support, parents might actually catch on to the scam!  :idea:

Once your kid gradautes, they start paying cash instead of free months. Keep this in mind when you are reading posts from program supporers. Also, ever wonder why there are SOO many websites about TEEN HELP and WWASP? They are not run by one person, anyone can set one up and they get payed by the referall. ITS ALL ABOUT THE MONEY!