Author Topic: Paradise Cove success story  (Read 40182 times)

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
Paradise Cove success story
« Reply #255 on: March 22, 2006, 07:29:00 PM »
David Van Blarigan

Look, you've just given out a whole lot of what sounds like very personal information about this kid and his family. Way ta show love and respect for the dearly departed!

If it were just these few, very troubled kids you might have a point. But it's not. These programs take any damned kid who's parents are willing and financially able to send them. There is no diagnostic criteria, they don't even interview the kids first. But you know that already. You just think all teenagers are rabid animals to be tamed and broken; just some are more manipulative than others and you haven't caught them at it yet.

Our youth can not understand why society chooses to criminalize a behavior with so little visible ill effect or adverse social impact... These young people have jumped the fence and found no cliff.

http://www.druglibrary.org/schaffer/library/studies/nc/ncmenu.htm' target='_new'>Commission on Marihuana and Drug Abuse

« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline Helena Handbasket

• View Profile
« Reply #256 on: March 22, 2006, 10:29:00 PM »

Also, a slightly elevated suicide or death rate amung program students/graduates should not be too suprising when you consider that these are young people who are known to engage in high risk behavior such as drugs, un-protected sex and violent crimes and many of them have a long history of depression and suicidal behavior. Of COURSE they are more likely to die, they are the ones who were more likely to die to begin with!"

Well, we're all still trying to get the answer to a very simple question:  What QUALIFIES WWASP or any other "program" to treat such serious illnesses?  What are the criteria?  What testing is done?  Who on staff has the medical degree to deal with such emergencies.

Yeah, there are some people you just can't help.  But the fact the WWASP is willing to accept any kid whose parents produce a check is appalling.  

Hospitals and other licensed facilities are required by law to document the testing leading to the diagnosis, treatment plan, and treatment administered.  Oh, and never at any time, does another patient have dominion over a patient.  Hell, all unlicensed staff (nurse's aides, dietary personnel, housekeeping, administrative staff) have clear boundaries that they must adhere to avoid unlicensed medical practice.

Why is WWASP immune?

Religion is excellent stuff for keeping common people quiet.
--Napoleon Bonaparte, French emperor

uly 21, 2003 - September 17, 2006

Offline Deborah

• View Profile
« Reply #257 on: March 23, 2006, 12:14:00 AM »
Out of control, preatory, violent crimes.

Sounds like an admission that the facility is a middle-class, private-pay prison?

If what you're saying is true, might Corey or the other boy belong in jail? Rather than incarcerated with other kids, some of whom have been refered to as spoiled brats, who weren't violent, predatory, out of control?

Is that why some of these places are run like Oz? Because they're housing violent, predatory, juvenile criminals.
gt;>>>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<
Hidden Lake Academy, after operating 12 years unlicensed will now be monitored by the state. Access information on the Federal Class Action lawsuit against HLA here: http://www.fornits.com/wwf/viewtopic.php?t=17700

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #258 on: March 24, 2006, 08:55:00 AM »

Also, a slightly elevated suicide or death rate amung program students/graduates should not be too suprising when you consider that these are young people who are known to engage in high risk behavior such as drugs, un-protected sex and violent crimes and many of them have a long history of depression and suicidal behavior. Of COURSE they are more likely to die, they are the ones who were more likely to die to begin with!

I agree that these places attract teens with REAL problems, some including suicidal feelings and depression. That is why I think WWASPS is so dangerous, they funnel the kids away from a real treatment option that would be helpful. Instead they get torn down emotionally and treated horribly in some foregin prison camp, that might drive some to suicide all in itself. The final straw that broke the camel's back as it were. Of course nobody can say for sure that WWASPS is responsible for his suicide, but I would say it had to be a contributing factor. If you have spent any time there, you would konw what I mean. WWASPS prison camps do not inspire hope, they create despair and sadness and PTSD. So maybe he would have killed himself anyways, or maybe all those times he ended up in the hospital, or in trouble committing those petty crimes, he was asking for the help he desperately needed, whether he knew it or not. There is no reason to send kids off to WWASPS, any option is beter, ranging from choosing another program to doing nothing. Just don't choose WWASP it will make it worse.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #259 on: March 24, 2006, 08:58:00 AM »
Frankly, I think you are all a bit off base trying to pin a suicide on anyone... People commit suicide in psychiatric hospitals all the time. The medical community maintains that suicide is not the fault of the doctor, the family, or anyone who is caring for that person.

Yeah but most people are in agreement that these people are trying to HELP the people in their care. That cannot be said of WWASPS, not even close. The two environments simply do not compare.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #260 on: March 24, 2006, 09:00:00 AM »
The psych ward on suicide lock-down was very much the same procedure as those used in the WWASP.

You left out the part about how the psych hospital is run by medical staff with oversight, and paradise cove was run by unqualified locals with no oversight. Big difference.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #261 on: March 24, 2006, 09:03:00 AM »
I think you should all do more research on the students you profess to be "victims" of WWASP. Some of the students (like the one who murdered his parents) were not only out of control, but also predatory. If the parents knew that the child was going to kill them, I'd say it would have reinforced their decision to send him away. These children victimized their own families NOT vice-versa.

Is that why WWASPS exists? So parents can lock up teens they consider violent and predatory without pressing charges and involving the legal system? I have to say, after being imprisoned at a WWASPS facility, I didn't meet anyone who fits this description. What do the parents expect when the kid becomes an adult? Really a dumb move on their part.

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
« Reply #262 on: March 24, 2006, 02:53:00 PM »
On 2006-03-24 05:58:00, Anonymous wrote:

Yeah but most people are in agreement that these people are trying to HELP the people in their care. That cannot be said of WWASPS, not even close. The two environments simply do not compare."

I have to disagree with you here. They're crazy as hell, but I think they honestly do believe they're saving the world. That's what makes them so particularly dangerous and so convincing.

Real criminals walk free every day to rape, rob, and murder again because the courts are so busy finding consensual criminals guilty of hurting no one but themselves.... To free cells for consensual criminals, real criminals are put on the street every day.
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0931580587/circlofmiamithem' target='_new'>Peter McWilliams

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #263 on: March 26, 2006, 08:50:00 PM »
Not a chance, it is about money and sadism

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
« Reply #264 on: March 26, 2006, 10:17:00 PM »
Then why the manic gleem in their eye? There are far easier, less fucked up ways to scam a lot of people out of a lot of money. Off the top of my head, they could deal in large quantities of illicit drugs or weapons. They could play the stock market w. all the same vengence and low scruples. They could dope race horses. They could sell used cars or set up boiler room operations.

No, the money is there, it's one factor, but not the driving force. What they choose to do is to torture kids and brainwash their parents. That's what they do because that's who they are. The money is secondary.

Hear me people: We now have to deal with another race - small and feeble when our fathers first met them, but now great and overbearing. Strangely enough they have a mind to till the soil and the love of possessions is a disease with them. These people have made many rules which the rich may break but the poor may not. They take their tithes from the poor and weak to support the rich and those who rule.
http://www.powersource.com/gallery/people/sittbull.html' target='_new'>Chief Sitting Bull, speaking at the Powder River Conference, 1877

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #265 on: April 04, 2006, 12:15:00 PM »
i knew corey murphy well in samoa. i was in his family. i apologize for arriving late to this discussion. he was a kind caring kid with a heart of gold, and i am saddened to hear he committed suicide. whether it was wwasp or not, i'm sure he could have spent the years he spent at paradaise cove doing something more productive instead, such as getting the help and therapy from a qualified practicioner that his parents probably thought he WAS getting. and that is what makes wwasp at least partially at fault. it's fraud, plain and simple, and in this case i believe it meets the standard of depraved indifference, meaning they blatantly ignored the consequences of their criminal actions and acted in a negligent fashion anyway.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #266 on: April 05, 2006, 12:44:00 AM »
On 2006-03-26 17:50:00, Anonymous wrote:

"Not a chance, it is about money and sadism"
:tup:  :tup:  :tup:  :tup:  :tup:  :tup:  :tup:  :tup:  :tup:  :tup:  :tup:  :tup:  :tup:  :tup:  :tup:  :tup:  :tup:  :tup:  :tup:  :tup:  :tup:  :tup:  :tup:  :tup:  :tup:  :tup:  :tup:

Offline Badpuppy

• View Profile
« Reply #267 on: April 08, 2006, 01:16:00 PM »
When and how did you realize that the WWASP detention center was destructive?  What was a typical day like for you when you were employed there? Thanks for your repy?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #268 on: June 05, 2006, 01:00:00 PM »
did a verdict ever come through on the crhis sutton case? or is that still open?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #269 on: June 05, 2006, 01:45:00 PM »
the case is still open...might go to trial soon.