Author Topic: New Website with good information  (Read 2347 times)

Offline nite owl

• View Profile
New Website with good information
« on: June 07, 2005, 11:45:00 AM »
This looks like a website that could provide information to those in need...

COALITION AGAINST INSTITUTIONALIZED CHILD ABUSE (CAICA) http://www.caica.org

Check out this new website. lots of helpful information.

A good place to share your information

Hands that help are far better then lips that pray.
--Robert G. Ingersoll, American politician and lecturer

« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Cayo Hueso

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2005, 12:26:00 PM »
No thanks.  Same shit, different wrapper.

http://fornits.com/wwf/viewtopic.php?to ... m=9#106952

http://www.utahboysranch.org/staff_board.php
BUTTARS, D. CHRIS
Fund Raising Consultant  
State Senator
Utah State Senate - District 10

http://www.utahboysranch.org/

Welcome to West Ridge Academy (Utah Boys Ranch)!

Have the terms Troubled Teen, struggling teen, At Risk Youth, Oppositional Defiant Disorder, Conduct Disorder, Drugs, Alcohol, ADD, ADHD, Special Education, Depression, Lying and Stealing, Tough Love, Alternative Schools, Therapy, Wilderness Camps, Residential Treatment, Skipping School, Educational Consultants, Private Military Boarding Schools, Christian Boarding School, Juvenile Boot Camps, or Struggling Teens been used regarding parenting your boy or girl ages 9 to 18?

Since 1964 we have been able to assist families in need of services for their children with many of the following issues:

Drug and Alcohol Use
ADD/ADHD
Depression
Bipolar
Behavioral Problems
Divorce and Family Conflict Issues
Adoption Issues
School Problems
Poor Peer Choices
Runaway and Curfew
Minimal Legal Issues
Accountability and Responsibility Issues
Integrity
Self Esteem and Emotional Issues
We can help!

Faith, as well intentioned as it may be, must be built on facts, not fiction- faith in fiction is a damnable false hope.
--Thomas Edison, American inventor

t. Pete Straight
early 80s

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2005, 05:44:00 PM »
Regardless - this looks like a good website for information and a good place to post survivor stories.  Survivors can gain some empowerment by warning others.  Their story could save another the same experience.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2005, 07:33:00 PM »
Good information? They change it every day because they can't get their info straight. Ask the vice prez of CAICA why she's into this. Everyone has an agenda. Including these people.     :silly:

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2005, 12:14:00 PM »
Seems everyone whose involved in this has some sort of an agenda - go figure, why else would they be here?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2005, 12:23:00 PM »
I am worried about the people with an agenda of mind control. I am worried about people with an agenda to rake in tens of millions of dollars a year at the expense of ignorant parents and desperate children. I am worried about the sadistic abuse that occurs behind closed doors. I am worried about the kid who is in isolation, somewhere, in some program wondering what the fuck went wrong with the world. I am worried.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2005, 03:27:00 PM »
My agenda:

I worry too.

I worry that this industry is growing, that children are being taken against their will as we speak to a place where they will lose their rights.

I worry about all the abuse we read about and all the sick and demented people who are perpetrating the abuse.

I worry that parents are brainwashed into believing their children are manipulators and liars when in reality it is those telling parents this who are the manipulators and liars.

I worry about the innocent children, as young as 7 years old, who are being routinely restrained in a manner that we know is dangerous and can seriously harm them and kill them.

I worry about the lack of education these children receive and about the manner in which they are taught, or not taught, as the case may be, while they are in programs.

I worry that children are forced to use the bathroom in front of others. I wonder how many are sexually abused.

I worry that sadistic adults are running unlicensed and unregulated facilities located out in the middle of no where.

I worry about who is on the board of directors of these facilities. Pretty scary when you learn that it includes doctors, judges, sheriffs, and more. Especially when the doctor is the same one who the kids are sent to when they are sick (if they are lucky enough to get to go to the doctor when they're sick.)

I worry that people are so scared when they come out of these places that they don't talk until it's too late for them to seek compensation for the harm caused to them.

I worry that people sign exit contracts stating they won't talk negatively about the program, so they don't until it's too late.

And I worry about those who criticize others who are trying to help. Everyone concerned and willing to help should be encouraged. There's room for all as this industry continues to grow by leaps and bounds.

I only wish there were organizations set up in each state. This is one huge problem that won't be solved easily or quickly. Now that's a goal worth trying to achieve.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2005, 07:23:00 PM »
I worry about people lumping the programs together, with no clue which ones are good or bad. I worry about the XTREME ignorance of goofballs looking for a crusade cuz they never outgrew the rebel thing with mommie and daddy. I worry about the mob mentality that grows in cyberspace. But I don't worry much.

Grow up, people! Quitcher bitchin about things you haven't even seen. melodrama all the way!  :roll:

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2005, 08:05:00 PM »

On 2005-06-30 16:23:00, Anonymous wrote:

"Grow up, people! Quitcher bitchin about things you haven't even seen. melodrama all the way!  :silly: Of course you worry about that, you probably work for a program right? And your program is 'good' right? Fuck you. Thanks for stopping by though.  :wave:

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2005, 08:31:00 PM »
I worry about the XTREME ignorance of goofballs looking for a crusade cuz they never outgrew the rebel thing with mommie and daddy. I worry about the mob mentality that grows in cyberspace. But I don't worry much.

Sounds to me you worry about things that you personally have nothing to do with. Must be a fun life you lead, eh?  :rofl:

PS: Really cool how you used XTREME like that!  :lol: