Author Topic: forced child labor camp  (Read 11639 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
forced child labor camp
« Reply #15 on: June 29, 2005, 03:55:00 AM »
hahaha....funnny....good stuff...... good stuff... no that wasn;t me kat but thanks anyway.
I do think we should move on though. I agree, been there done that. Makes sense...no???
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
forced child labor camp
« Reply #16 on: June 29, 2005, 09:58:00 AM »
i all the girls have moved on, just want to bring stuff to light.  that's different that was implied when one say 'move on' which is often intended to mean 'let go', in other words, stop talking about it  and move forward. I'm not sure why people seem to think why you can't talk about the harmful effects of MMS on your life and be moving forward simltaneuously.

Offline OverLordd

• View Profile
forced child labor camp
« Reply #17 on: June 29, 2005, 10:19:00 AM »
On key with what the annon above me said, what in the hell do people mean when they say. "Let go" "Move on." And why do people do that? I mean I have a friend that went to CSA and she says. "Yeah they abused me, but I dont really care, I'm used to abuse in my life." Thats basicly what she said when I asked why she was not angry for what had happened. I dont understand why people "Move on."
our walking down a hallway, you turn left, you turn right. BRICK WALL!

GAH!!!!

Yeah, hes a survivor.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
forced child labor camp
« Reply #18 on: June 29, 2005, 11:19:00 AM »
A lot of people move on because of several reasons. First, there is a lot of brainwashing that goes on both to the kids and the parents through seminars, etc. So when the kids get out they are told not to talk about it and so are the parents. All in the interest of what's "best" for the child, of course.

Side note: Amazing statement some of these places make in their own manuals. Parents sign an agreement that their child will not live within 100 miles of the program after coming out for the "image" of the school. Hell, what does that tell you?

The entire time they are there it is drilled into their heads that they are to blame and that their parents don't even care. So they don't tell when they get out. Plus some sign a contract agreeing not to talk bad about the program, I've heard.

I also think it has a lot to do with the age of the kid when they went in. I think kids who went to a program when they were 13 or 14 will have a harder time than a kid who went in at 17. It has to do with brain development.

So, time goes by, years sometimes, before they even talk to anyone about their experiences. Many of them, by that time, have figured out it's easier to let it go and move on that to try to tackle it.

First, many are scared their parents will get mad if they even broach the subject. After all, parents paid a lot of money and many don't want to think it was all for not. And there is the guilt factor of sending your kid somewhere that turned out to be abusive. Way easier to just not talk about it. Second, many are scared of the program operators. I've heard people say they are still scared, 5-10 years later.

Another point to consider is that it depends on the level in which they went into the program. Some of these kids were seriously abused before going in. So what they experienced there is more of the same. Their idea of what constitutes abuse might be different from another person's perspective who has never been abused.

I hope that more people who have been abused or neglected in these programs will speak up and will come forward. I can't imagine that those who sing the praises of the program did not at least see and witness abuse if the were not victims themselves (I'm talking about programs where there are many allogations of abuse.)

Offline katfish

• View Profile
    • http://www.cafety.org
forced child labor camp
« Reply #19 on: June 29, 2005, 11:54:00 AM »
Hey B,

Hmmm.. that wasn't you?  I'm suspicuous.  who's got it in them to get so mad at my little satirical post??? -shrug-

anyway, I posted about the move on vs. move forward bit, think there's an improtant distinction to be made there, doesn't that make sense?

[ This Message was edited by: katfish on 2005-06-29 08:56 ]
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has.
Margaret Mead

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
forced child labor camp
« Reply #20 on: June 29, 2005, 06:38:00 PM »
hey kat....not sure...goodness....two people thinking alike!! AHHHH, what are we gonna do?? :razz:
but I do ask a funny favor of you..
Well my eduaction goes so far and your attempt to sound intellectual is hard to understand. You use big words and my small brain can't compute....please  put your essasy or writings into terms my small simple mind can understand...
THXS
B  :lol:

Offline katfish

• View Profile
forced child labor camp
« Reply #21 on: June 29, 2005, 06:52:00 PM »
Hey B,

I don't remember using big words- let me know what I can clarify for you.  I certainly want to be clear above all else.
Sometimes it's hard to convey my meaning b/c I think these are much more complicated issue that maybe some people would like to make it seem- but anything that's unclear or confusing please tell me! Certainly I think complex stuff can be conveyed in simpler language. I think, for the most part, I don't have a very sophisticated vocubulary, though.  Truthfully I frequently feel a bit inadequate as a result.

kat

PS- lets go back to the other forum, I want to hear more about what's going on with you!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has.
Margaret Mead

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
forced child labor camp
« Reply #22 on: June 29, 2005, 10:38:00 PM »
hey kat
just wondering what forum you want to go back too?? would love to tell you my life and the fucking shit ive been through outside of mms....let me tell you its been fucked up....
B

Offline katfish

• View Profile
forced child labor camp
« Reply #23 on: June 29, 2005, 11:27:00 PM »
Margaret Mead

Offline katfish

• View Profile
forced child labor camp
« Reply #24 on: June 30, 2005, 12:11:00 AM »
Safe Choices for Troubled Teens
Residential treatment centers for troubled teens are plagued by allegations of abuse and ineffectiveness. But do anguished parents have an alternative?
By Anthony Meza-Wilson and Christy Harrison

http://www.askquestions.org/articles/teens/
Margaret Mead

Offline bandit1978

• View Profile
forced child labor camp
« Reply #25 on: July 08, 2005, 04:41:00 PM »
What does "move on" mean anyway?  

When former "students" from these places leave and continue with their education or just grow up a bit, they gain a new perspective, and, naturally, might look back on these places and think  "Oh my God...how could anyone think that this program is healthy?"  

I mean,  the people who implement these programs really have no college education or degrees, they are not licensed to do anything except maybe drive a car!  

I studied psychology and sociology for 2 years in college, before majoring in nursing.  I see now just how inept the staff are at these places-   They are in a position to judge a child's behavior (in a program), evaluate their progress,  implement punishment, ect... what the fuck do they know??  If these people worked at psych hospitals, they would maybe be allowed to work as a technician and take vital signs, no way would they be evaluating performance and writing progress notes- that would be illegal and illegitimate!   Looking back, it's pretty scary to see how they let these people work at these facilities.  

Are these people even certified in CPR?  Imagine, these morons discipline and restrain  and generally rule over children, I hope they at are required to know CPR.  

So to those of you who are telling others to "move on", you obviously have not learned to think independently nor gained any professional insight into the what is going on at these places.  

Perhaps *you* are the ones who should move on- to college.
egan Flynn
RN
Survivor- Provo Canyon School

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
forced child labor camp
« Reply #26 on: July 08, 2005, 05:15:00 PM »
You know, if there's no licensing or any regulations, what's to say they are even trained to perform CPR. Quite a scary thought, huh?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
forced child labor camp
« Reply #27 on: August 12, 2005, 02:51:00 PM »
what about this program do you think made it such an ineffective program?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
forced child labor camp
« Reply #28 on: August 16, 2005, 10:49:00 AM »
They aren't unlicensed... they have a group of licensed staff around to 'treat' these disorders.  They have PHds and masters in psychiatry, and couseling... so get off your god damned high horses and SHUT UP.  this place is legit so GET OFF IT.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
forced child labor camp
« Reply #29 on: August 16, 2005, 02:39:00 PM »
wow, i'm an old chap.  that's hilarious.  never been called that before :smile:    and they don't have a website with glossy pics.  not yet anyway.  and they don't just have people who "wanders by the facility every month or so"... completely bullshit.  there is a licenced and extremely qualified staff there AT ALL TIMES.  get your information straight.  this may be true of other programs but NOT of mms.  these people are wonderful human beings and are definitely qualified to deal with those with mental disorders.  why do people keep making shit up on here?