Author Topic: Brat Camp  (Read 1550 times)

Offline katfish

• View Profile
    • http://www.cafety.org
Brat Camp
« on: September 11, 2005, 10:48:00 AM »
Ok, I know the show is over, but I just have ot say that I thought it was so disturbing that they were allowed to film these kids and braodcast their issues on national TV.  Anyone recal when Lionel Ritchie came to look at MMS and brought his video camera.  After a while John told him we al felt uncomfortable with that and to please turn it off.  I can't beleive paretns would agree to this type of exploitation.

Secondly, did that therapist guy- the head dude, remind anyone of John or Mike, when he spoke to parents who were thinking of pulling their daughter out of the program and said 'your being manipulated and I think it's bullshit'.  This gruff, but seemingly honest & forthcoming everyman- actually, no he's more of a man's man with a no holds bar approach and its very convincing/effective to desperate parents who want someone else to take the reins and assure them all is well in the world, well... in their program.  It's very Dr. Phil- that appears on the surface to be common sense, that they're going to tell you like it is because they know how it is and you don't.  I think that its very scary that parents can be that gullible and be that negligible- although, of course not all parents are, just as not all programs are bad.

kat
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has.
Margaret Mead

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Brat Camp
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2005, 05:39:00 PM »
Why did Lionel Ritchie come to visit MMS?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Brat Camp
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2005, 08:58:00 PM »
for his daughter, nicole ritchie

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Brat Camp
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2005, 09:02:00 PM »
Other celebrities I have read about who sent their kids to "discipline" schools were Rosanne Arnold, Farrah Fawcett, Barbara Walters and Paris Hilton's parents.  I'm sure there are others.