Author Topic: Peninsula Village  (Read 427881 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Peninsula Village
« Reply #1050 on: August 22, 2007, 02:44:48 PM »
i think things got all wrong on this site when i tried to talk about sexual harassment in schools and on the TV and how it has a bad effect on young women
guys started to defend their right to talk like a bunch of swearing guys i guess?
i don't know i don't blame men or boys for talking that way, it's so common as to be abnormal if you don't.
i swear all the time, but men get very graphic about sex in normal conversation
i know that because everyone does it and it's just the way people talk, it's not reflective on their character.
people came back with all this stuff about free speech
and how i just want to "exterminate those brutes" or something
although that line out of "the Heart of Darkness" i always thought it meant that he wanted to exterminate the horror of the whole situation, slavery and all and what the situation turned him into?
I didn't think it applied, or at least very broadly to a conversation about sexual harassment,
i guess i get wanting to exterminate the horror on some level in general
and what it's done to you? and no the book isn't rascist, i had just re read it and it is an excellent story but it leaves you with an uneasy feeling?
i didn't like everyone making fun or "black jesus" and calling me Opra, spelling? although honestly what really pissed me off was all the really nasty stuff, like the picture of the womens mutilated privates and such back on pg 40 or so
if you poke a dog in the eye with a stick it might start swinging somewhat randomly?

i think everyone on this site knows that words can be abusive?
if I'm talking to a guy or a group of guys and they start saying really graphic sexual stuff, it scares me
i think this is because of what I've dealt with

in general though i think this trend in society towards saying really graphic sexual stuff on the TV at like 4 in the afternoon or just in general in conversation is not a good thing

I don't think most men mean it this way, I think it's just a joking way of talking, but there is a reason that there are sexual harassment laws in the work place.
like it's illegal for a man to tell jokes that are graphically sexual at work even if they are not directed at a women
it's because it makes a threatening, even if it is not meant that way, environment and it tends to demean women as sex objects
totally demean them, much worse then Barbie,
I'm still traumatized by her chest size, mine don't look like that,
 oh my God?

I compare it to racism because it fits
A couple years ago i started to translate or take the things i heard in life at face value, which i don't think a lot of people do
i didn't used too
so like you say something but you don't really think about what it means?
or you meet someone and you just think they are a great person and don't really see whats really there?
but in relation to racism, things that would qualify legally at work as sexual harassment are basically just like racist jokes.
they dehumanize women, they tend to talk about men in macho sexual roles? they are often threatening to women.
i can see that people are just joking and being silly and talking like everyone talks, but a lot of this stuff is scary if you look at it from my perspective.
also if I say something, like I have a right to, like that's threatening to me, then the sexual harassment gets really bad because people defend pretty violently their right to talk how they please.
Which i can understand I also, i defend my right to talk how i please but
it's pretty agressive? and it seems to put women in a place
much like racism would

as a women there is nothing more hurtful a man could abuse you with verbally with then really explicit sexual stuff
and when people just talk like that all the time, it is always the first form of verbal abuse that comes up?
again i think it relates to racism,
it has similiar elements, i don't think people like to hear that because they don't think of themselves as racist or sexist
typical sexually harassing talk also seems to tie into rape when translated directly, it just does
just listen to it and take it at face value
rape is the ultimit form of violence and domination over women
explicit sexual harassment always follows the patterns of rape

it describes body parts and sexual acts, and women as lower sexual beings like prostitutes or slutz often comes up,
this form of talking has become  so normal and mainstream
it's on TV all the time, it's just the vernacular
people just talk like it, it's like saying fuck you
like i don't think about what that means?

not that long ago around here i think racism was probably the same?
except i think typical sexual talk is even more accepted
like the F word, i say it all the time,
i'm late for work "explicit loveless sex" drop something on my foot same thing, i'm probably not going to stop either,  
we all grew up in it and it's all around us and we just do it
we don't translate it directly
I'm sorry I'm not picking on anyone in particular
i've yelled at every guy on here, probably out of context?
about this
but the reason I may seem over the top about it and am probably yelling at the wrong crowd, is because if you look at it from my perspective it is really bad and it is every where
and it scares me?  

hey psy I read on the other PV post what you said about the way programs make you tell all your experiences so they can reinterpret them for you.  that is so true!  it's it exactly.  
the worst part of it is they are so abusive about their reinterpretation but that is exactly what they do.  
they get you to tell each experiance and then they browbeat you into believing what they want you to about it
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Froderik

• View Profile
Peninsula Village
« Reply #1051 on: August 22, 2007, 02:52:38 PM »
Quote from: ""free free""
I don't think most men mean it this way, I think it's just a joking way of talking, but there is a reason that there are sexual harassment laws in the work place.
like it's illegal for a man to tell jokes that are graphically sexual at work even if they are not directed at a women
it's because it makes a threatening, even if it is not meant that way, environment and it tends to demean women as sex objects
totally demean them, much worse then Barbie,
I'm still traumatized by her chest size, mine don't look like that,
oh my God?
Yes, some people tend to use it (the trend in humor you mentioned) as a license to be blatant pigs and sexually harass women. Not so cool.

I compare it to racism because it fits

Yep, sexism & racism seem to go hand in hand...

Offline ZenAgent

• View Profile
    • http://www.freepowerboards.com/strugglingppl/index.php
Peninsula Village
« Reply #1052 on: August 22, 2007, 05:00:04 PM »
ROBBERY IN TENNESSEE  

Oooh-wheee...Not only does PV shit on your kid (almost literally), they'll rape your wallet while they're at it.  A local mental healther said PV wants a $17,000 deposit up front, non-returnable, and that's before they'll even talk insurance with you.  Is this greed, or scrambling for bucks to keep the doors open?
\"Allah does not love the public utterance of hurtful speech, unless it be by one to whom injustice has been done; and Allah is Hearing, Knowing\" - The Qur\'an

\"I\'m there to handle kids that are psychotic, suicidal, homicidal, or have commited felonies. Oh yeah, I am also there to take them down when they are rowdy so the nurse can give them the booty juice.\"

Offline Kreflo

• View Profile
Peninsula Village
« Reply #1053 on: August 22, 2007, 07:20:27 PM »
PV been falling on hard time after getting into some deep shit from the mens with the mens.

Offline stoodoodog

• View Profile
Peninsula Village
« Reply #1054 on: August 23, 2007, 09:17:32 AM »
Quote from: ""Kreflo""
PV been falling on hard time after getting into some deep sh*t from the mens with the mens.

mens with the mens????

Offline Che Gookin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Peninsula Village
« Reply #1055 on: August 23, 2007, 10:14:56 AM »
yo.. I just gotta fucking say.. Fuck PV.

Mokara I just want you to know. You never fuycking once deserved any inch of abuse from anyone. Not fuyckiing pv.. no your fucking parents. None of those rat shit eating bastards should have had the right to beat youy down as a person.

Woman.. you have my total and unconditional respect. You are a fucking hero in this shit. I call it shit because the word choco creme pie just doesn't seem to fit very fucking well.

god bless you mokara for you bravey.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2007, 08:38:56 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Peninsula Village
« Reply #1056 on: August 23, 2007, 04:10:39 PM »
thanks i appreciate it
really i read the other post you put together with milkblood
and heart to heart scandal
it's so nice to see other survivors posting
it really says a lot
and milkblood says we went to school only on Tuesdays and Thursdays!
I knew it, i just didn't want to say till i was sure
it seems weird you know?
like why wouldn't they have them go to school at least mon, wed, friday?
if a parent did that, there are truancy laws.
i really hope all the new survivors out sue, right away
i didn't mean to pick on you guys
i think a real shrink would probably have something to say about this
as soon as I write something personal I get angry?
it doesn't help that a couple Guests a while back got really ugly
which made it worse
hugs all around
i don't care about swearing at all
only sex and women related stuff

I'm feeling better, sorry about the last few posts
i love my family but they are so weird
school started so that's good
i think i know how to deal with them
it's less that they are evil
they are just weird
i think my mom had a tough time growing up
and she doesn't live in the same reality as the rest of us really
she's not crazy, just, it's like she can't see the bad in anything?
and when she does she see's like really scary horrible bad?
again she had a tough time growing up and I think that is what is going on
like i guess she really did think the very old looking stalker was
just nice and cute
i can remember her saying he was very handsome?
again i have the picture, it is a grown man.
not some one who should be following a 14 year old around
any normal mother woulds have called the police right away!
that is how i finally got rid of him, i threatened him with them
i don't think it was purposeful, is what i'm saying though
i think she gets upset and won't let me talk about anything
because it makes her feel bad,
it's like she has happy happy, everything's fine but there is this side where under the rug she knows bad things or horror exist she's just so deep in denial it can't?

it's a fun household
maybe I could get the family a good shrink
or at least myself one?
the problem is though of course
after PV
Shrinks scare the hell out of me
and i avoid them like the plague that some of them are
it's probably wise to get one that isn't scary though just as backup?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Peninsula Village
« Reply #1057 on: August 23, 2007, 05:31:25 PM »
oh also, about the cost of PV
my parents paid none of it
the insurance company paid for everything!!

i know if they had to pay that much to put me there,
there is no way i would have gone.
so anyway you know those really high insurance rates,
blame PV
most everyone was there on insurance or a ward of the state

there is a new Wikipedia post about PV
it kind of annoys me!
it makes the kids in there all sound like delinquents
or cop killers, like that one boy,
i hate that story
it is just so sad for everyone
it's amazing really if you think about it that more stuff like that doesn't happen out of PV
i think it doesn't because most of the kids they take
 really don't have mental problems,
nobody i was in with had anything worse then chemical depression
they don't want anyone too hard to handle
everyone i was in with was totally sane, with a couple with chemical depression

I hold PV very responsible for the death of that cop and for the ruined life of that boy.
it is just such a horrific case
but it is the only one like that i know of?
it seems unfair to say my 15 year old cabin mate foster kid, who was a good student played on the basketball team, and was put in PV because she go in a fight with some bully at her group home?
or the girl who was in because she told her family her grandfather had molested her,
 or the one who was in because her cousins had,
 or the anorexic pianist, or the 13 year old girl who was in because her father had been shot and nothing else,  or the 13 year old who’s parents were in a custody battle and she had written a bunch of weird gothic poetry and died her hair black, or the girl who ate ten asprin because she was angry about something
or the one in for telling her parents she was gay
it seems unfair to have everyone painted as a dangerous cop killer,
none of these kids were delinquents or cop killers?
or dangerous or even drug users
last time i checked being molested wasn't a sign of insanity,
or being in foster care because your parents are drug users
or getting into trouble with a boy, this is all just reflective of some insane born again shame filled abusive application of reality and sex that there should be laws against, especially considering that as a women there are a lot of sexual predators
it really is the oldest story in the book,
And the whole statutory rape thing,
like with the poor girl who's cousins had been molesting her since she was 5 and she told her aunt and she threw her out,
and a neighbor took her in for a week till she ran home after he molested her.
she was 15,
statutory rape laws were in general completely ignored in PV,
 forget in general,
They were just ignored!!!

i remember that the cousins, a police report had been filed about but i don't think much was happening with it,
the aunt, her guardian had put her in PV and the state was paying.
but what about the neighbor, he was an adult.
most of the foster kids, actually i think almost all of them, were in PV for running away from abusive families, or group homes
and considering the stories and the lice coming from the group homes, it was hard to blame them
a lot of them were semi in foster care, because mom or dad would sober up once in a while, so they were shuttled back and forth anyway

the stigma out of a place like PV is one of the worst things about it and one of the most unfounded.  
I have found, out of any bunch there are always a few!
this applies to college professors and priests too!
if you open a place for troubled youth, foster kids and kids with mood disorders, like depression and then torture them beyond the Geneva convention,
your going to get one of two that can't handle it
chemical depression is no joke
those poor people feel horrible all the time
they have a medical problem
i've known people with it, as have all PV survivors, and most people
chemical depressive people can't get out of bed in the morning and feel horrible because of a chemical imbalance
the way PV treats teens is just so bad
it's a little like soldiers with PTS i think?
it's such a mess, PV creates
there is another post about a girl who died out of PV of a drug overdose
her overdose sounded a lot like suicide
Zen you said the suicide rate was pretty high out of PV?
i'm sure the attempted misery rate is pretty high too.
it's just so sad to think of all the suffering PV causes
you really can't take abuse victims and kids with chemical depression and such and then torture them and have it turn out well
it's a testament to how sane most of the kids are that they pull through it all, they certainly have been given more to deal with then is right,

i think there was one or two kids at my college over the last few years who shot some one,
 i know one guy did in a drunken brawl
I guess what I'm saying is considering that PV TORTURES people,
many of whom who have already been abused very badly,
 one out of a thousand is pretty reasonable odds as far as that boy goes.
i think it's telling how these "dangerous" or "crazy" teens are given mauls and axes and then tortured 24 7 and yet we have no instances of any one swinging one?
instead the worst they do usually is come out or PV, start using drugs, even if they had not before.
i had smoked some pot and drank before PV nothing else and many of the girls had done no drugs at all.
and then they "accidentally" quietly overdose at nineteen or twenty
i think this is a lot more reflective of how PV survivors deal,
 by themselves, with no support and nothing but blame and shame and probably more abuse and prejudice heaped on them,
with the TORTURE they endured at PV and else where.
How do you think Abigail feels about herself? really

I really hate the prejudice that these kids face after having been tortured
To add insult to injury to injury and insult
They do not disserve it and it is an evil farce and also a frightening in/ reason that might give more sadistic creeps in the industry a way to torture them even more later.
Or even a way PV could abuse them again, by saying they are dangerous.
That’s why I would always caution people on this site to be careful they say nothing that could even be construed as they are a danger to themselves.
How horrible is that!!!! Some poor teen out of PV can’t even talk about being depressed about it too honestly
they can't even talk about it to older survivors who have been through being out and still young and in pain and could help them with it.

these poor kids can't even get the help they need because then the pigs can come and take them away?  

like I said some of the kids in there were in for writing gothic poetry about death and saying they were feeling sad!!
the people involved in the running and profiting from places like PV are horrific abusers and they should be viewed as very dangerous
Not the victims of the abuse, who 99 % of the time are no threat to anyone.
It is not their fault they have been abused horribly and therefore are most likely going to have some side effects.
We don’t act like rape victims are dangerous but they are certainly in a position where they need support, and most kids out of PV either are actual rape victims or comparable psychologically because of what PV has done to them.
Of course being out of PV is a little like being a rape victim under the Taliban, where people stone you for it,
PV really needs to be shut down!

Offline Che Gookin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Peninsula Village
« Reply #1058 on: August 23, 2007, 08:40:30 PM »
I always would have thought insurance companies would be a bit more critical of spending money on places like PV.

In a sense it sure makes it easier to ignore allegations of abuse if you aren't the one paying for it though.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Peninsula Village
« Reply #1059 on: August 24, 2007, 01:00:04 PM »
You know I was reading the site about the girl who overdosed again and it was a bit odd
It says she came out of PV,
Was in NA and the people in NA were jerks
So she quietly went behind their backs and demurely overdosed on Meth Amphetamine?
I don’t know but as I imagine it
I don’t think overdosing on amphetamines is something that is done quietly?
It’s a bit odd

Did any one read the other post, put out by PV, about the girl who was on Meth?
It's on one of the PV sites, one of those happy survivor stories, that you never see anywhere but on their site.
"I'm a happy survivor because if I say I'm not I'll be restrained on chicken wire."
What is with all the Meth stuff!
I think it’s a trigger word.
Like WMD’s and terrorist, you use them together,
like those manipulative evil bastards at PV would,
and even the Democrats are willing to go to war in Iraq.

When I was in PV, sure it was a few years back, but no one had even heard of Meth, much less done it.
Like I said there were maybe three or four girls who had tried more serious drugs I was in with.
 Many had no drug problems at all.
A far more common scene at PV was watching them try and convince the thirteen year old who had eaten ten aspirin, real person of course, who had stolen and drunk three beers from her parents and ended up barfing and bawling from them, that she was an alcoholic.
They made her go to AA meetings?
She had eaten ten aspirin,
and had been acting pretty much like a thirteen year old.
Crying a lot, yelling,
seemed like she had a pretty bad case of teenage girl hormones.
Her parents were rather creepy,  very religious
I’m not picking on the religious
I pray often and believe God and Jesus are great and all that
But some religious people are scary
Like fundamentalist Muslims or Christians, or Puritans, or the Inquisition
I can remember PV staff browbeating this kid, “How many beers did you drink? Was it two or three?â€

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Peninsula Village
« Reply #1060 on: August 24, 2007, 02:11:56 PM »
i read what i wrote again
honestly because i thought oh no what if I showed some emotion
then PV can say I'm crazy and have me taken away
that sounds paranoid but people out of PV will get me
Instead I think I didn't get my point across about how extremely crappy and sweat shop like unskilled jobs in the US are.
I am not some little rich kid
my parents can't really afford their Mercedes and my father counts all the pennies on the grocery bill
I went to the ten thousand dollar a semester Womens college for one semester, then my father threw a fit and I had to transfer
they have helped me out here and there
when they kicked me out at 18 they did not, nor did they at 21
the other years of college, I took at a very affordable State school out in Colorado where I was living with the fiancé.
I moved home because I was living in the ghetto basically, after the fiancé and I broke up, and I was attacked by a nutcase
My parents were helping me live in the ghetto, but they would not help me move out of it after being attacked
i have waitressed, worked at a large Southern Department store, labor laws in the south are no joke, actually they are a joke,
i have worked in boutiques for spare change
as a coffee shop girl
sold large appliances
worked in a grocery store
worked for a caterer
worked for Bath & Body Works
and now I work at Barnes & Nobles
these sound like nice ok jobs, right?
they are not,
you make next to no money and you work very hard, and are very tired because of it
6 to 8 dollars an hr if you work full time you make 8
the hours are long, good 8 hr days even part time at B &N
they hire you as part time but they want you to work 32 hrs a week
they push your schedule up and call you to come in extra and they are unpleasant about it if you say you can't
they want to hire you for part time pay with no health care but work you as many hrs as they can
I make 7 dollars an hr at B & N
I basically just run the cash register
i wait on three hundred or so people
you are never allowed to sit down
if there is a lull they immediately ask you to do something else
there are a lot of assistant managers, and some of them are weird
one guy times me in the bathroom
yes just like PV!
I work from 4 to 12 usually
I worked last year at a department store
I'm not going into labor laws in the south but they are bad,
so any way
it really is a very crappy job, and very tiring
you stand the whole time for eight hrs
and I have run the damn gauntlet of unskilled jobs at this point
and was attacked in the ghetto
i know the foster kids out of PV have it a lot worse
but still I've gotten the damn t-shirt and know what I'm talking about
and i will always vote Democrat forever and ever amen
because republicans are slave owning sons of satan

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Peninsula Village
« Reply #1061 on: August 24, 2007, 02:13:18 PM »
i read what i wrote again
honestly because i thought oh no what if I showed some emotion
then PV can say I'm crazy and have me taken away
that sounds paranoid but people out of PV will get me
Instead I think I didn't get my point across about how extremely crappy and sweat shop like unskilled jobs in the US are.
I am not some little rich kid
my parents can't really afford their Mercedes and my father counts all the pennies on the grocery bill
I went to the ten thousand dollar a semester Womens college for one semester, then my father threw a fit and I had to transfer
they have helped me out here and there
when they kicked me out at 18 they did not, nor did they at 21
the other years of college, I took at a very affordable State school out in Colorado where I was living with the fiancé.
I moved home because I was living in the ghetto basically, after the fiancé and I broke up, and I was attacked by a nutcase
My parents were helping me live in the ghetto, but they would not help me move out of it after being attacked
i have waitressed, worked at a large Southern Department store, labor laws in the south are no joke, actually they are a joke,
i have worked in boutiques for spare change
as a coffee shop girl
sold large appliances
worked in a grocery store
worked for a caterer
worked for Bath & Body Works
and now I work at Barnes & Nobles
these sound like nice ok jobs, right?
they are not,
you make next to no money and you work very hard, and are very tired because of it
6 to 8 dollars an hr if you work full time you make 8
the hours are long, good 8 hr days even part time at B &N
they hire you as part time but they want you to work 32 hrs a week
they push your schedule up and call you to come in extra and they are unpleasant about it if you say you can't
they want to hire you for part time pay with no health care but work you as many hrs as they can
I make 7 dollars an hr at B & N
I basically just run the cash register
i wait on three hundred or so people
you are never allowed to sit down
if there is a lull they immediately ask you to do something else
there are a lot of assistant managers, and some of them are weird
one guy times me in the bathroom
yes just like PV!
I work from 4 to 12 usually
I worked last year at a department store
I'm not going into labor laws in the south but they are bad,
so any way
it really is a very crappy job, and very tiring
you stand the whole time for eight hrs
and I have run the damn gauntlet of unskilled jobs at this point
and was attacked in the ghetto
i know the foster kids out of PV have it a lot worse
but still I've gotten the damn t-shirt and know what I'm talking about
and i will always vote Democrat forever and ever amen
because republicans are slave owning sons of satan

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Peninsula Village
« Reply #1062 on: August 24, 2007, 02:29:22 PM »
i had a lot of trouble getting into the State school in Colorado too
i was refused at many other schools
and the one i was finally accepted in was a long ways from where i lived
and i had to take a year at this small private school.
and  do the community college thing
and the state school that accepted me was the most ghetto one
and it hadn't even been a part of the state school system until very recently
even, now like I said, i am having a lot of trouble transferring to the State school near my parents house, and i got a 3.7 GPA last semester!!
and have three years of good grades completed!!
they probably want to know why I have been to so many different colleges!!!
all the schools funnel me into special programs too, like adult commuter,
so i can't live on campus!!
even now I can take as many classes as I like but i am not accepted formally.
it's a big stressful horrible hassle, put it that way!!
i should be accepted formally next semester. I really really hope
at least i can take a full course load!!!!!
they will probably accept me the semester I graduate formally!!
all this crap put me behind too, for sure!
an it's pretty depressing to get turned down and sent here and turned down some more.

the ten thousand dollar a semester womens college took me no questions asked, more or less, i was still a commuter of course.
but who has ten thousand dollars to spend a semester?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Peninsula Village
« Reply #1063 on: August 24, 2007, 04:05:39 PM »
i was joking about the republicans
i know many very nice republicans politics aside
i just don't think they work in retail
I really do think we need a higher minimum/ living wage
people work really hard!
it would help with poverty and all the problems that go with it
national companies like B&N or department stores
make such a rip off mount of money with paying the help so little
and all the clothes are made in China of course too
I know i sell stuff on ebay and I buy it from a very nice chinese lady then remake it and sell it for a great profit.
same concept
we wouldn't need welfare if  the jobs i just described kept long term full time help and paid them a living wage?
it's like abortion, we have birth control and the morning after pill
it shouldn't even be an issue
we have evolved past it and all that?
nothing for the born agains to beat up on people for
sex ed should teach sex safety and what your body mass means in relation to how much you can drink!
Which isn’t much as a teenage girl.
I saw this thing on TV about an "alcoholic" teenage girl
it was so dumb and wrong
this little girl was swigging away on this bottle of whiskey or something
there was like a fourth of this big bottle left
all the parents and friends were all concerned, like the OC?
Give me a break
the girl was walking around , stumbling
if a teenage 100 pound girl drank that much whiskey she would be blacked out!!,
choking on her own vomit in the emergency room having her stomach pumped!!
two or three shots i bet she's barfing, the rooms spinning and she‘s blacked out!!

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Peninsula Village
« Reply #1064 on: August 24, 2007, 04:30:55 PM »
Quote from: ""free free""
it's like abortion, we have birth control and the morning after pill
it shouldn't even be an issue
we have evolved past it and all that?

Huh?