Author Topic: Bath, Maine, Child Abuse, Hyde School  (Read 18081 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Bath, Maine, Child Abuse, Hyde School
« Reply #45 on: April 25, 2006, 08:57:00 PM »
On 2006-04-25 16:20:00, Anonymous wrote:

"

On 2006-04-25 14:54:00, Anonymous wrote:

"

On 2006-04-25 13:21:00, mansion dweller wrote:

"many of the faculty at do not have teaching degrees, you don't need one to work at private schools, many of them studied completly differnt subjects in college such as bisiness, or had differnt cariers until they were unsuccessful or dissatisfied"

Recent events make it clear that hyde is rotting from the inside out.  Until and unless the finer element at Hyde have the courage to practice the schools credo, this slide will continue.

"

I agree with your assessment that Hyde is rotting from the inside (or bleeding badly, you might say).  I think the main signs are the inferior classroom education, the chronic controversies and occasional scandal, and the fact that so many kids need a different kind of school that can really help them with their serious problems.

What's your opinion about the source of the rot?  "

First, the headmaster at Hyde, Mr Grant left because of a scandal involving his friend and staff member.  I don't know the specifics but it had something to do with the female students and this staff member.

Then Mr McCrann was made headmaster and now he is leaving.  Usually the Headmasters at boarding schools stay for years.  It concerns me that there will have been three headmasters at Hyde Woodstock within a period of 4 years.  And how long will this one stay?  She is a Mother of a challenged child and the family is staying in Bath Maine while she commutes to Woodstock.  I don't see this lasting too many years.  Who then will be the next Headmaster at Woodstock?  I don't think it is good for the students to continually have change in their lives
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Bath, Maine, Child Abuse, Hyde School
« Reply #46 on: April 25, 2006, 09:04:00 PM »
On 2006-04-25 17:57:00, Anonymous wrote:

"

On 2006-04-25 16:20:00, Anonymous wrote:

"

On 2006-04-25 14:54:00, Anonymous wrote:

"

On 2006-04-25 13:21:00, mansion dweller wrote:

"many of the faculty at do not have teaching degrees, you don't need one to work at private schools, many of them studied completly differnt subjects in college such as bisiness, or had differnt cariers until they were unsuccessful or dissatisfied"

Recent events make it clear that hyde is rotting from the inside out.  Until and unless the finer element at Hyde have the courage to practice the schools credo, this slide will continue.

"

I agree with your assessment that Hyde is rotting from the inside (or bleeding badly, you might say).  I think the main signs are the inferior classroom education, the chronic controversies and occasional scandal, and the fact that so many kids need a different kind of school that can really help them with their serious problems.

What's your opinion about the source of the rot?  "

First, the headmaster at Hyde, Mr Grant left because of a scandal involving his friend and staff member.  I don't know the specifics but it had something to do with the female students and this staff member.

Then Mr McCrann was made headmaster and now he is leaving.  Usually the Headmasters at boarding schools stay for years.  It concerns me that there will have been three headmasters at Hyde Woodstock within a period of 4 years.  And how long will this one stay?  She is a Mother of a challenged child and the family is staying in Bath Maine while she commutes to Woodstock.  I don't see this lasting too many years.  Who then will be the next Headmaster at Woodstock?  I don't think it is good for the students to continually have change in their lives"

You can add to this the scandal at Woodstock involving the teacher who apparently left because of his inappropriate behavior with female students, the widely publicized dissension at Hyde-D.C., etc.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »