Author Topic: Money Newton Theif  (Read 2632 times)

Offline jeff belflower

• View Profile
Money Newton Theif
« on: December 01, 2001, 04:00:52 PM »
Money Newton Theif
Hey everyone, weird, aint it? After some twenty years still thinking about Straight. When I think of my teenage years I think Straight. I got started over on fourth phase for a beer can collection that was in my parents house in the attic that my dad put there because they were very valuable rare cans. When I got put on fourth phase I was allowed priviledges, like to go to Orlando for the weekend with my family. My older brother had his rock album collection and my dad stashed my valuable collection in the attic. Somehow, this guy, Roger, found out about my cans from my dad, he went in my brothers room and found some rock albums. When I came back from the weekend, I was confronted and started over. I spent three and a half years in this hell hole. I resent my youth being taken by Dr. Newton. My parents gave tax deductable money to straight for as long as they could, I found the receipts long after being in Straight. These people were great at manipulation. I hate straight. I could go on forever, but, I am trying to heal.

« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
Money Newton Theif
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2001, 05:19:38 PM »
Taking back the words
I think that one of the most insidious parts of thought reform has to do with how they redefine certain words, phrases and concepts.

One of those that I've taken back for myself is the ever famous "You ought to be greatful you're not ______" My grandmother used to say it in the sweetest tones and at the most appropriate times. She didn't use it as an aswer to some objection or arguement. She used it as a powerful salve for real sadness. More in the spirit of "Count your blessings"

The loss of time and youth that we all suffered is not insignificant. I'm sometimes very jealous of my husband. He's got a few good friends from his highschool days and they've become some of my dearest friends over the years. But I have none of my own, no memories of normal adolescence, even if I had someone to share them with. And there's no reclaiming the lost oportunities. That's not insignificant, it still hurts; sometimes more than others. And it's always very painful to reflect that my own mother did this to me.

But it's not as bad as it might have been. My dad had no friends from highschool because he was the only one from his town to make it into the Navy. The rest went Army and never returned from WWII. Maybe it was a little easier to accept on some level, since they went willingly and died as heros. But they're just as dead either way. I might have been born into his generation and come up in a coal mining camp during the depression. Might have been born in someplace like Ireland during the famin or right here as a native during the smallpox epidemic and not have come up at all.

There's real value in going over the books, so to speak. But if all it's doing right now is getting you down, then focus on something more positive. Let this other stuff stew on a back burner for awhile and maybe things will be a little less insoluable next time you look? Works for me sometimes. Hope this helps.

-If there's a worse idea going than locking kids up for victimless crimes, it's probably locking them in close proximity to some tyrannical altruist bent on helping them even if it kills them.
http://fornits.com/anonanon/'>Anonymity Anonymous

"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Money Newton Theif
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2005, 11:39:00 AM »
On 2001-12-01 13:00:52, jeff belflower wrote:

" Money Newton Theif
Hey everyone, weird, aint it? After some twenty years still thinking about Straight. When I think of my teenage years I think Straight. I got started over on fourth phase for a beer can collection that was in my parents house in the attic that my dad put there because they were very valuable rare cans. When I got put on fourth phase I was allowed priviledges, like to go to Orlando for the weekend with my family. My older brother had his rock album collection and my dad stashed my valuable collection in the attic. Somehow, this guy, Roger, found out about my cans from my dad, he went in my brothers room and found some rock albums. When I came back from the weekend, I was confronted and started over. I spent three and a half years in this hell hole. I resent my youth being taken by Dr. Newton. My parents gave tax deductable money to straight for as long as they could, I found the receipts long after being in Straight. These people were great at manipulation. I hate straight. I could go on forever, but, I am trying to heal.

Offline Botched Programming

• View Profile
Money Newton Theif
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2005, 11:52:00 AM »
On 2001-12-01 13:00:52, jeff belflower wrote:

" Money Newton Theif

"

This story sounds like one that happed to a guy that was in Atlanta at the same time I was.

Our Bible reveals to us the character of our god with minute and remorseless exactness... It is perhaps the most damnatory biography that exists in print anywhere. It makes Nero an angel of light and leading by contrast.
--Samuel Clemens "Mark Twain", American author and humorist

Offline Cayo Hueso

• View Profile
Money Newton Theif
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2005, 12:11:00 PM »
On 2001-12-01 14:19:38, Antigen wrote:

The loss of time and youth that we all suffered is not insignificant. I'm sometimes very jealous of my husband. He's got a few good friends from his highschool days and they've become some of my dearest friends over the years. But I have none of my own, no memories of normal adolescence, even if I had someone to share them with. And there's no reclaiming the lost oportunities. That's not insignificant, it still hurts; sometimes more than others. And it's always very painful to reflect that my own mother did this to me.

This bothers me a lot too.  I think its one of the main reasons I feel so disconnected from people.  I have no roots.  I have no frame of reference when it comes to going through my kids teen years.  Looking back now that's when a lot of this 'awakening' happened....when my kids reached the age that I was when I went in.  I just tried to follow my instincts as a parent up until then, but when they hit 16 I was lost for a while.   Now my youngest is going to be 18 fairly soon and I just now feel like I'm beginning to get a handle on how all this shit effected me.

There never was a good war or a bad peace.

--Benjamin Franklin, (1773)

t. Pete Straight
early 80s

Offline 001010

• View Profile
Money Newton Theif
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2005, 12:57:00 PM »
On 2005-04-28 09:11:00, Cayo Hueso wrote:

"

On 2001-12-01 14:19:38, Antigen wrote:

This bothers me a lot too.  I think its one of the main reasons I feel so disconnected from people.  I have no roots.  I have no frame of reference when it comes to going through my kids teen years.  Looking back now that's when a lot of this 'awakening' happened....when my kids reached the age that I was when I went in.  I just tried to follow my instincts as a parent up until then, but when they hit 16 I was lost for a while.   Now my youngest is going to be 18 fairly soon and I just now feel like I'm beginning to get a handle on how all this shit effected me.

There never was a good war or a bad peace.

--Benjamin Franklin, (1773)

"

Ditto. (Unfortunately) My husband has friends from junior high.  :roll: (But seriously though that's so cool!) His best friends are my friends now too, and I know most of them pretty well. As well as his family is my family now, so the loss of a family to me is a gain in the new and improved, more loving and real family. I can't speak for everyone, but I know a lot of us got some pretty messed up, unhealthy families of the blood relation. I have no blood relatives I speak to except for my sister. It sucks, and it wasn?t fair, but life looks different today.

When you're literally ripped from your natural growth process and forced to be a robot for a few years as a 12-17 year old I'd say yeah, it's a big disconnect from life forever. Those were the stolen years and always will be. I?m just not mourning the loss everyday anymore like I used to. It still hurts but I use that pain as motivation toward the greater good, and in some small way, I try to make a difference.

A student burst into his office.  "Professor Stigler, I don't believe I deserve this F you've given me."  To which Stigler replied, "I agree, but unfortunately it is the lowest grade the University will allow me to award."
--Professor Stigler

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing. ~ Edmund Burke
[size=79]EST (Landmark/Lifespring/Discovery) \'83
Salesmanship Club \'84-\'86
Straight, Inc. \'86-\'88[/size]

Offline Botched Programming

• View Profile
Money Newton Theif
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2005, 01:16:00 PM »
I am so with you on this...The detachment I learned from this made it where moving over 700 miles from anyone I knew and my family no big deal 7 years ago when I moved here to Florida. And when it comes to not having anything in my teen years for me to lock on to, I still feel robbed of my adolescense. Resentments towards certain family members still remain as they don't realize how screwed up the experiences made me. My parents were recently deceased and I had no one to actually turn to. My uncle thought they were doing the right thing....."WRONG"

If God has spoken, why is the world not convinced?
--Percy Bysshe Shelley, English poet

Offline Dr. Miller Newton

• View Profile
Money Newton Theif
« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2005, 01:32:00 PM »
::boohoo::  ::boohoo::  ::boohoo::

You ungrateful druggies would have been "robbed" of one HELL of a lot more than some time in the program had we let you continue down the path that you were headed down...the end of the line for all of you would have been JAIL, INSANITY or DEATH!!   :flame:
Teenage Drug Use Is A Disease

Offline Cayo Hueso

• View Profile
Money Newton Theif
« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2005, 01:33:00 PM »
On 2005-04-28 10:32:00, Dr. Miller Newton wrote:

"::boohoo::  ::boohoo::  ::boohoo::

You ungrateful druggies would have been "robbed" of one HELL of a lot more than some time in the program had we let you continue down the path that you were headed down...the end of the line for all of you would have been JAIL, INSANITY or DEATH!!   :flame: "

See ya shortly! :rofl:  :rofl:

I am not a vegetarian because I love animals;  I am a vegetarian because I hate plants.  
-- A. Whitney Brown

t. Pete Straight
early 80s

Offline Dr. Miller Newton

• View Profile
Money Newton Theif
« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2005, 01:36:00 PM »
Fucktard, Ruthie and I are really looking forward to seeing you - on the FRONT ROW of SIBS, that is!!!!  :rofl:
Teenage Drug Use Is A Disease

Offline Cayo Hueso

• View Profile
Money Newton Theif
« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2005, 10:50:00 AM »
Well, he's got a bunch of brand new vinyl siding on his house.  Wonder how much that cost him?  Wonder if any of the kids who's cases have been 'settled' have received any money?

Don't worry about temptation--as you grow older, it starts avoiding you.  
-- Old Farmer's Almanac

t. Pete Straight
early 80s