Author Topic: Professional potheads...  (Read 12877 times)

Offline ClayL

• View Profile
Professional potheads...
« Reply #60 on: November 12, 2002, 06:07:00 PM »
The Soviets have Never had more than Americans. The soviets put almost their entire economy into weapons at the expense of the population. America, on the other hand, built up a strong military while maintaining a growing economy, a reasonable level of comfort for most Americans, and continued to give huge amounts of forgien aid.

You tell me who had more?

CL
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Tampa survivor

• View Profile
Professional potheads...
« Reply #61 on: November 12, 2002, 07:26:00 PM »
De-institutionalizing demystified.  http://www.jyi.org/issues/issue5/articl ... grimm.html
Here is closer to home, last year in Tampa Bay area.  This dumped HUNDREDs of people onto the streets.  Send that fighting lawyer a thank you card:http://www.jyi.org/issues/issue5/articles/grimm/grimm.html
 http://www.sptimes.com/News/040201/Tamp ... g_wo.shtml
You ask for sources.  Thats a quicky.  Go to the library and pick up a book on mental health history for more.
The military stuff is history.  The cold war was a long process, but Reagan called it right when he said to build a 600 ship Navy and lets break the bastards once and for all. First man since Kennedy to have the balls to do that.  They were both good men. Clay nailed it with the resource allocation..it was all they had to keep up, and the people ended it when there was no food to eat.  
Sys ADmin you failed to respond to a single point.  I'm sorry about thinking Ginger ran this site/hosting outfit/so forth.  OOPSIE  I guess you may eventually learn to stop hating all things republican JUST because they ramped up the drug war.  
I HATE THEM FOR THAT TOO...but the war was started under FDR (A DEMOCRAT) with the original Controlled Substances acts, marijuanna laws, etc.  Couldn't have those jazz players lookin at our white women..
Success is a matter of luck...ASK ANY FAILURE.
BIll
Bill H
St Pete & Atlanta, never surrendered!
12/80-12/82

Offline hedwigfan

• View Profile
Professional potheads...
« Reply #62 on: November 12, 2002, 09:20:00 PM »
Einstein actually published 2 theories of relativity. The theory of special relativity was published in 1905 and was verified experimentally. This theory predicted and proved the equivalence of mass and energy (E=mc2, length contraction and time dilation (the "twin paradox"), and the increase of mass with speed. The speed of light has much influence in this theory, while gravity has none. The theory of general relativity, pulished in 1916, had less experimental data supporting it, and gravity does figure into it. I think it was the Mickelson-Morley experiment which dealt with the bending of starlight as it passed the edge of the sun. Basically, the principle of relativity holds that, for any two observers, the laws of physics are the same, regardless of their relative motion. In special relativity, the observers cannot be accelerating; in general relativity, they can be accelerating (gravity being a type of acceleration, or change in velocity over time). Beautiful stuff.
ll this world is but a play
Be thou the joyful player
\"Maya\"  The Incredible String Band

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Professional potheads...
« Reply #63 on: November 12, 2002, 09:55:00 PM »
Boy, I dumped that data shortly after physics class was done.  It is tough to have to really think that stuff through. Truly amazing is that somebody else actually conceptualized it originally.  It is a beautiful mind which thinks THAT deeply.
Bill

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Professional potheads...
« Reply #64 on: November 17, 2002, 01:57:00 AM »
This is where you are dead wrong. Those on the top end of the tax scale do not pay the same percentage in taxes as those on the bottom. The avg. man on the bottom pays a higher percentage than his rich counterpart. Now, the dollar amount is higher for the rich man, but 5% of 65 million dollars, is quite a bit larger than 30% of 100 thousand.

5% of the world's population control 95% of its wealth. This is no accident. As for the flat-tax, you will never see it, though I too think it would be the fairest type of tax. Those who have the dollars oppose it, and they are the one's who control the politician's strings....not you and me much closer to the bottom of the tax-bracket.

Capital gains tax is a joke as well. This is where the rich really get many of their breaks. They are able to avoid taxes on huge profits, many times just the pofitss they make from initial investments dwarves your annual salary and mine. Yet, they avoid paying a fair tax on this gain. Instead you and I are taxed at rates which rob us of 37 cents of every dollar we earn.
A revolution was fought for much less than this.

Actually, 37% is a conservative estimate of the tax paid from the working man's dollar. Really if you consider every tax that is levied upon your income, it is closer to 46 cents of every dollar being corroded by taxes. It is sickening.

The tax cut that the average joe thinks Bush signed it to give him a break. What is 300.00 dollars anyway. What can you really do with 300 bucks? Not much. Do you know what that same tax cut averaged for those whose income exceeds 25 million per year? Give that some thought. Then think of all of those corporate execs who made the news last summer. Do you remember the salaries these bozos were reported to be pulling down. I'll give you a hint, every one of them that made the news made much more than 25 million just in salary, that doesn't even include the bonuses they were hauling in.

I wish that people would take a little more time to really think about what is really going on in this country. For that measley little 300.00 dollars they gave you back, it is going to cost you ten fold over the next 10 yrs to regain that strength in the country's surplus coffers. We couldn't afford that. No the 300 bucks for the avg. joe didn't hurt us too bad, it was the returns in excess of 10 million ofr each of the big boys. How many 300.00 returns could have been paid out of just one of those 10 million dollar returns? Is it starting to make more sense to anyone?
I'll do the math for ya......for every exec who got a 10 million dollar return they could have returned a 300.oo tax cut to 33, 333 and 1/3/ avg. citizens. Make ya sick yet? It did me, a long time ago actually.
People we need to wake up.

A flat tax rate would be wonderful in this country, but there is too many fat cats who would oppose it. Remember all the seats won 4 yrs ago in the senate and congress, witht he candidate running on term limits? Not a one of them stuck to it, they have all changed their opinions, of course they state that seniority is important so the politician can return more money to his districts. yeah...yeah....yeah
Well, I've heard enough. I have decided that I don't need their help to exercise term limits. I will do it for them, no incumbent get a vote on my ballot. The sooner more people would follow suit, the sooner we can take our government back.

God bless,

Offline kpickle39

• View Profile
Professional potheads...
« Reply #65 on: November 17, 2002, 08:56:00 AM »
It was an advance on what your gonna get in your returns for 2002.   Geez........working man/woman - bend over again!

Offline dreammagician

• View Profile
Professional potheads...
« Reply #66 on: November 19, 2002, 08:53:00 AM »
I know Reagan was a great president. Did you know he supported the contras by bringing in drugs? One of my best friends use to be a custums agent down in Miami when Reagan was elected. They had a visa which allowed the presidential airplane to land without being searched. They smuggled the coke and pot in through the visa's they had. Presidential Visas. Reagan does not have althaimers, he was made this way so he would shut up later in life because he know too much. This is the god honest truth.

Offline ClayL

• View Profile
Professional potheads...
« Reply #67 on: November 19, 2002, 09:41:00 AM »
Quote:

On 2002-11-19 05:53:00, dreammagician wrote:Did you know he supported the contras by bringing in drugs?

I believe you, this was part of the Iran/Contra affair. Oliver North got to be the fall guy along with a dead or dying CIA director. This is also what financed Manuel Noreaga. I have already said I think the US drug policy is childish and imature.

CL

Offline dreammagician

• View Profile
Professional potheads...
« Reply #68 on: November 19, 2002, 07:42:00 PM »
yeppers