Author Topic: Interrupt Your Regularly Scheduled Programming  (Read 8648 times)

dragonfly

Re: Interrupt Your Regularly Scheduled Programming
« Reply #15 on: September 27, 2014, 04:34:32 PM »

dragonfly

« Reply #16 on: September 29, 2014, 09:45:55 PM »

dragonfly

« Reply #17 on: September 29, 2014, 09:48:01 PM »

dragonfly

« Reply #18 on: September 29, 2014, 09:50:24 PM »
« Last Edit: September 29, 2014, 10:15:39 PM by dragonfly »

dragonfly

« Reply #19 on: September 29, 2014, 10:18:26 PM »

Offline Froderik

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 30, 2014, 09:16:32 AM »
Reality is what refuses to go away when I stop believing in it.
  ~ Philip K. Dick

Offline Che Gookin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 30, 2014, 05:10:28 PM »
The facebook crowd is full of tryhard fucktards, I dropped out of 99 percent of the groups on facebook after having my feeds jammed repeatedly about the same exact shit from 88 different groups.

Offline Froderik

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 01, 2014, 09:59:40 AM »
The facebook crowd is full of tryhard fucktards, I dropped out of 99 percent of the groups on facebook after having my feeds jammed repeatedly about the same exact shit from 88 different groups.

I'm glad to see you are still posting here. I guess it took me 7 years to realize I am not so crazy about "social networking." Not that anyone can hide from Uncle Sam (if you think you can, let me know), but there is more anonymity on a forum than you get there. Worse than that, I truly DISLIKE the dynamic on there with the ass-kissing "like" feature... and the fact that any user can "report" posts as "offensive." Fuuuuuuuuuck that!

Offline Che Gookin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 02, 2014, 09:48:23 PM »
Social networking has its place, I'm just not convinced it is a place for deeper conversation. The internet has this awesome potential for disseminating information, yet tends to get used by retards shouting louder than everyone else. Activism on facebook even coined its own nickname, slacktivism.

I'm all for activism, protesting, and all that but... I just don't see much of that going on with facebook. I see a lot of posturing, I see a lot of allegations being slung, I see a lot of people repeatedly posting the same thing over and over in different groups.

I had all but given up on tti activism when i got an email from HEAL. Apparently someone hacked them and I was blamed. Angela, bless her, posted that she was certain it wasn't me and so on.

I mean now, I'm just sort of confused, people left to facebook because they were looking for something different? They were thinking fornits was a toxic forum?

And they kept doing the same exact shit that they were doing before?

Anyhow, bit of a disjointed rant.

I plan on posting here more, I've had a couple very strange things happen in the last two weeks. Not sure I feel like talking about them publicly, but in short, one of the fellows I worked with tracked me down and we had a talk via email. Nice kid, he's about to graduate university and will be going to law school. Oh well, 1 out of 2 ain't so bad I guess.

Mostly I log in to check to see if any moderating needs to be done.

Offline Froderik

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 03, 2014, 09:18:12 AM »
Precisely.. its function is misused, so to speak. The Facebook groups are essentially souped-up chatrooms; they are simply not an adequate substitute for a real forum (Threads get buried, and the search feature works only some of the time. And what you see on Facebook is customized and selective, everyone in their own little world with their arbitrary feeds. Some morons will refer to it as "my" Facebook, which is telling.)

Regarding any migration from here to there that took place, Facebook became the novelty at about the same time that Fornits was having its own problems.. you and I both know that people have always talked shit about Fornits... that's nothing new.. but there were some internal problems at about that time, if memory serves.. (maybe you will elaborate a bit here?)

Yeah, not much changed except for the platform.. and for the worse, really..

Anyway, it's good to see a familiar "face" here.. no pun intended.  ;D
« Last Edit: October 03, 2014, 09:22:18 AM by Froderik »

dragonfly

« Reply #25 on: October 03, 2014, 09:32:20 PM »

Offline Froderik

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 04, 2014, 01:21:08 PM »
straight was mass hypnosis trance inducement....facebook is mass hypnosis trance inducement

fornits is too primitive for all that, but still reminded me of review at times

Monday morning on Fornits = homes rap with coffee.

Like the cartoon sheepdog passing the cartoon coyote...punch the clock...hi bob...let's get to the bottom of this brainwashing totem pole with no vaseline.

WET NOODLE....poor WET NOODLE

yep, this medium is way better for discussion, warts and all...

I love that by default there are no "notifications" popping up here...

Yeah they would call kids 'sponges' too..hang signs on 'em. totem pole, no vaseline.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2014, 12:27:24 PM by Froderik »

Offline Che Gookin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 09, 2014, 11:19:33 PM »
Not sure what you mean about internal issues. I think probably it can be summed up as too many damaged people in too close of proximity of each other.

As for the internal IT problems, I think they got resolved once the forums found a stable home on webdiva's server.

No more being thrown off a host because of moronic dcma claims and all that.

There was a lot of toxic shit that went down on this forum, I played a role in that. Yet, it served as a place where kids could communicate with each other even while still inside the program. The Wssapites have an article floating around about students on homeleave sneaking onto fornits to make contact with grads.

That's one example.

For all the toxic shit that went down, there are redemption stories. Many of them, of kids being diverted from programs. Kids being picked up at programs.

The unmoderated nature of fornits does need to be reigned in a bit. I think the new rules take care of that, no outright naming a poster or linking to their social media profiles.

Now people just need a reason to return.

What is the purpose of being here? Shooting the shit or something else?

Offline Froderik

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 10, 2014, 08:34:09 AM »
Well, there was the relentless activity from the industry trolls. I guess that must have been what I was thinking of. Everything else got taken care of, like you say here. Interesting, about the kids still inside a program communicating on here with people who were out. The technical medium alone is reason enough for me. As for activism, you have a searchable database that works, and posts are always visible to everyone on the web (not exclusive to social media). It works fine for shooting the shit too, though it doesn't have that "chatroom" feel that facebook has.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2014, 08:54:22 AM by Froderik »

Offline Che Gookin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 10, 2014, 07:41:19 PM »
I always thought the industry trolls added hilarious value. Some of them were high comedy.