Author Topic: 'ratting' on our siblings  (Read 1935 times)

Offline Froderik

• View Profile
'ratting' on our siblings
« on: November 10, 2002, 12:04:00 PM »
I'm trying to remember how they went about getting information (dirt)
from us about our siblings...so that they could be dragged in too...
Was this info. procured from us on on our intakes? No, I doubt it...
(thinking out loud here) Did they pull us aside & question us? It
bothers me that I'm not certain about how they did this. I seem to
remember maybe being pulled aside and asked about my sister's drug
use, but I'm not sure...did they just take notes during raps w/ a
topic about getting high with our siblings? Someone has got to have a
better memory of this than I do...

Alex
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Diane B

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2002, 08:41:00 PM »
I don't remember them trying to get dirt on my sister, she was only 12-13 at the time, not that that age would stop them from trying to get them in the  program. I just was talking to her about straight and she does not remember much except for the fact that they totally spruced up the building for princess Di and Nancy Regans visit.

The funny thing is, she partied way more than I did, I drank three beers before being sent into straight.(after straight different story) She was just sneaky. and always known as the good one.  

Diane

Offline ClayL

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2002, 09:45:00 AM »
Remember when, just before open meeting, a staff member, usually a trainee, would come out and ask, "Does anyone know ________?" Some poor schlep would rise there hand and say, "That's my brother/sister." Then there was this list of questions like do you know of them doing any drugs and so forth.

I always felt betrayed by this. Both my brother and sister were doing drugs long before me, I narc'd them out like a good little phaser and neither of them were slapped on front row. I mean my sister was snorting anything that look white and my brothre was trying anything that would melt on your tongue. (Kind of like those listerene breathe thingy's. Wonder what ex-deadhead designed them?) Could be that they were both honor students and never got into any trouble. If they were getting into trouble they'd point out to mom and dad what dastardly thing I was doing and poof! No more trouble for them. Go figure?!

CL

Offline hedwigfan

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2002, 10:17:00 AM »
Straight really interfered with both of my younger brothers' teenage years. They had to come up to Marietta 2x/wk, sit through sibling raps, not to mention interrogations. One of my brothers (Wallpaper Guy--see his earlier post) was particularly devastated--he gave up friends, mostly out of fear that somehow he'd end up on front row, I think. The final blow was when my parents moved to Marietta from Columbus--there's nothing worse than having to move when you're in junior high or high school. They gave up a lot during those years...
ll this world is but a play
Be thou the joyful player
\"Maya\"  The Incredible String Band

Offline Tampa survivor

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2002, 03:31:00 PM »
My parents did not allow my 11year old sister to attend sibling raps after the second one.  The asked her about sexual activity, had raps where sex/drugs/rnroll were discussed and my sis had never done anything more than shave her legs without moms okay!!
She freaked, and stayed the fuck away from straight.
My parents didn't want her learning all about stuff she wasnt curious about anyway...she'd seen ME barf on the carpet enough times and she needed peace.
Bill
Bill H
St Pete & Atlanta, never surrendered!
12/80-12/82

Offline Tampa survivor

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2002, 03:34:00 PM »
PS...yeah they aked me questions at my intake AND when they did her sibling interview.  I told 'em she was a sweet pesty little sister, leave her out of this.  I think they thought I was covering, cause they fucked with her, I think.
Bill H
St Pete & Atlanta, never surrendered!
12/80-12/82