Author Topic: SYNANON  (Read 1730 times)

Offline Froderik

• View Profile
SYNANON
« on: November 08, 2002, 10:23:00 PM »
The Game:

The Game was group psychotherapy for the whole community and served as a way to discuss organizational change 24. Members were grouped by a Synamaster, usually an older member tried to achieve a balance of female-male participants and a varying range of Synanon membership seniority. A basic game consisted of ten to fifteen members and a Synanist to facilitate the activity 25. The Synanist was someone who had shown the ablility to either control the symptoms of his addiction for a considerable time or seemed to be progressing at a faster rate than his peers 26.

The Game was an emotional and aggressive group meeting in which members attacked each other verbally. It was an open arena for voicing and airing problems with one another en route to finding a solution. Members were free and encouraged to be honest with their feelings and frustrations. The "attack" was seen as an expression of love 27. It presumably helped people to see themselves as others do and compelled them to examine their own thoughts and actions. The Synanist acted as moderator and tried to help the participants find themselves and would use such tactics as ridicule, cross-examination and hostile attack to further the session 28. It was estimated that the typical resident participated in three to four three-hour games per week 29.

Role-joining was a very important aspect of the Game and was used to progress the session. Role-joining was an agreement between two or more game members to combine their efforts to place an individual on the "hot seat." Once the plan was evident to the other members, they supported and aided in the scheme. Role-joining was essentially like joining a bandwagon and would result in all the session members joining forces against one of their own 30.

The Game was also the cornerstone around which the Synanon community was formed 31. It was key to Synanon government and created an in and out of game dichotomy. When "in the game," one was expected to criticize others and reveal any personal conflicts one might have with whoever was in the "hot seat." On the other hand, when "out of the game," one was supposed to portray a happy, pleasant, and helpful manner

http://religiousmovements.lib.virginia. ... nanon.html

-also, can anyone crack this code?

http://www.synanon.org/VisitorSignIn.cfm

[ This Message was edited by: AlexL on 2002-11-08 19:47 ]
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline kaydeejaded

• View Profile
SYNANON
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2002, 10:47:00 PM »
I read about that shit on the synanon website. Good to know we all got to play the game right. Nice to know they lifted it so perfectly from Synanon. Freaks. Cult it was and cult it is now.
or those who understand, no explanation is necessary; for those who don\'t, none will do

Offline Cypress

• View Profile
SYNANON
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2002, 10:58:00 PM »
Quote:

-also, can anyone crack this code?

http://www.synanon.org/VisitorSignIn.cfm

[ This Message was edited by: AlexL on 2002-11-08 19:47 ]

-WAM (Walk Around Money)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
SYNANON
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2003, 02:39:00 PM »
I was one of the brainwashed that helped open the Dallas SYNANON IN 1986.  I came from St. Petersburg on 4th phase. 6 months on 1st phase. Damn Bastards. Oh, I mean WIZARDS. I remember them torturing those victims (misbehavers). I saw the suicide attempts. I saw the carvings, the restraints. Told to turn the "f--around and look STRAIGHT" as another one runs for the door. Now he's feeling the pain. Got to keep motivating like they are not insane. Lets have a song like zippidy-doo-da-day, want some pain today if you don't obey. Or BINGO i THINK WAS HIS NAME-O.  Two more head for the door. DESTROYED THEY ARE TAKEN AWAY. Only distant screams now. But its time to play their GAME. Don't get called on, you're blown away. The pack is hungry. Lets get in his face(HER). Lets break him today. They attack. Lining them up its no mistake.  Lets break him today.  He won't obey. NOT THE PROGRAM (7 OR 12 STEPS) but their "GAME". So your brothers and sisters begin to show you how to play.  Lead by the leaders who have WORKED THEIR  ?ART?.   One by One they come yelling with all their game.  I tell you no lies.  How could I?  Weren?t you there that day?  They have done well with their prey. They broke him today.  He is under their spell.  Hope you can take it its just been one day.  (I am guilty of their ways).  Have a seat we have more to feed upon today. OH, And by the way ?does the group have something to say?.

?WE LOVE YOU?   
STRAIGHT the Synanon. Thank you for the truth