Author Topic: Bill Jory  (Read 3233 times)

Offline Froderik

• View Profile
Bill Jory
« on: November 08, 2002, 12:11:00 PM »
Anyone from St. Pete or VA remember him? We were friends growing up and his parents recommended Straight to my parents. I remember seeing him in group when I first came in and wondering why he avoided eye contact w/ me...Anyone remember anything about him? Like how he 'did' in the program or where he is now?

Alex L.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Froderik

• View Profile
Bill Jory
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2002, 12:35:00 AM »
well I visited my sister today and started talking to her about my recent discoveries about Straight on the web...and I asked her if she knew what ever happened to Bill Jory. she didn't know, but reminded me of something my dad had told me a while back about his mom...that she had tried to hire someone to kill her husband (not Bill's dad, I guess the next in line, hehe) but she was set up and was caught red-handed paying the "assassin" who was really a cop...so she now (still, I think) rots in some jail. the lord works in mysterious ways...I can't say that I feel bad for her...
but all that aside, SOMEBODY out there from St. Pete (if not VA)must remember this guy...

end of anecdote.

My sister said herself that she believes that I was on 5th phase for a year because my parents were being strung along for their $. She was in sibling raps (like I guess most were) and saw people turned away who in her estimation were from poor or struggling families...these people were practically begging for 'help' from the program - admitting that they used all kinds of drugs, but were shown the door...she told me how she was interrogated in attempt to get her to admit thatshe had used drugs. She had the sense enough to deny everything, even though they had some dirt on her (extracted from yours truly,) & was never sucked in. She mentioned a particular dislike for Becky Macintyre...(Trish & Bob's sister, right?)
well whatever...it sure was sickening to hear all this.

Ok I'm done.

Offline dreammagician

• View Profile
Bill Jory
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2002, 07:10:00 AM »
Bill Jory was a guy with blonde hair from Va and Bob McIntyre was a skinny guy with black or brown hair. I remember those guys although I haven't seen them since I left the place. That was a good day. So, hows it goin. My names Jeff and I live down here in Tavares Fl now. At least now for a living I help people out that get in trouble, I like doing this. I think straight twisted everything around and I resent what they have done to all of us and our families.

Offline Froderik

• View Profile
Bill Jory
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2002, 03:28:00 PM »
Good to hear that you are truly helping people. Hate to split 'hairs' but Billy's hair was definitely very dark brown or black. I'm pretty sure that he had brown eyes...anyway, thank you for posting!

Alex (Balto., MD)

Offline Diane B

• View Profile
Bill Jory
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2002, 08:32:00 PM »
Hey I just read that you are from baltimore, where abouts neighbor? I live in South Anne Arundel County, about 7 miles south of Annapolis.  Did you live around here when you were put in Straight? There are not many around this area, You might recall the Tiptons, Dave and Laura and a blonde chick named leslie, I also remember a guy named John but he got put in after I did so he might be after your time.

Diane

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Bill Jory
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2002, 09:36:00 PM »
Hey I just read that you are from baltimore, where abouts neighbor?

Balto city...

Did you live around here when you were put in Straight? There are not many around this area, You might recall the Tiptons, Dave and Laura and a blonde chick named leslie, I also remember a guy named John but he got put in after I did so he might be after your time.

Hey I don't know if the Tiptons ring a bell or not...I was in there from 11/82 - 1/85. And I did live here when I was put in Straight...at that time my family was living on Wickford Rd, off of University Pkwy. Alex

Offline Froderik

• View Profile
Bill Jory
« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2002, 09:40:00 PM »
Ooops...that was me, I just wasn't logged in...When were you in there?  Alex

Offline Froderik

• View Profile
Bill Jory
« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2002, 12:42:00 PM »
Hey Diane, sorry...I think I've asked you the same question a couple of times now...you're the person who thought I had glasses, etc...right? (tsfan) right...? I can be really terrible with names. Trite but true. Yeah, I've spent most of my life here in Baltimore, did some traveling but ended up back here. Well, talk to you later...oh, and if you're interested in attending the upcoming gathering, maybe we & our spouses (I seem to recall a post stating that you're married) could hook up & go down there...Alex

Offline Diane B

• View Profile
Bill Jory
« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2002, 02:34:00 PM »
yep thats me!  when I first started to post on the straight survivors site I was a bit paranoid  to use my real name, I was a cop out and until I saw tht site I did not know that so many people felt the same way about straight as I did.  Well yuo know for where we live I never run into any other program people, and the board was the first contact with any former straight people at all very nerve racking for me.  

I think it would be a good idea to ride to the straight things together it sounds fun!  maybe the four of us could get together sometime! Do you have any children? I have 4,  3 girls and yes finally the boy my girls are 14, and 10 year old twins and my little boy is 6.

Diane

Offline Froderik

• View Profile
Bill Jory
« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2002, 10:10:00 PM »
Yup, I have a couple of girls. one is 6 and the other is 2...maybe we could get them (some of them, anyway) together. sounds like a good idea! If you want to email me about it, you could use
Froderik13@_nospam_yahoo.com (just take out the "nospam" of course) Talk to you later - Alex