Author Topic: Abuse Investigations, Fire Code Citations, Not Fully Accredi  (Read 3976 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Why are parents leaving their kids at Whitmore?
Can these parents not get it?
Why aren't they talking to authorities?
They sent their kids there for a reason--and it was not for ACADEMIC ENRICHMENT!
Wake up parents, and go pick up your kids, NOW!
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Abuse Investigations, Fire Code Citations, Not Fully Accredi
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2005, 03:01:00 PM »
My guess is- the parents don't give a rat's ass and they just want their kids gone.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2005, 05:36:00 PM »
These parents MUST SURELY be aware of the abuse allegations---so they choose to believe in the Sudweeks. May be right! They want the Sudweeks to have the responsibility of dealing with their kids...HOWEVER the Sudweeks choose. HOW PITIFUL!

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2005, 10:12:00 AM »
Some of these parents enrolled their kids after these abuse allegations were made, and you can be darn sure neither the Sudweeks NOR the referring agency revealed any of this to these unsuspecting parents. And don't even think that these trusting, believing, hopeful still parents know about this forum or any like it.
Parents come here only when they become suspicious, worried, concerned, and that takes time. Time of being isolated from their kids: no phone calls, no mail, no contact. Being told strange "stories about their kids." And all this time the kids are being manipulated and being told strange "stories about their parents." That is the Sudweek-Game--to separate kid and family.

By the time parents start seeking out the internet and find this forum, things are quite out of control.  Their kid is sucked into the SUDWEEK FAMILY, or is being abused, and is afraid to talk, and then everyone is caught up in the whirlwind as are these families now.

It is not that "the parents don't give a rat's ass." They may simply not be aware yet of what is actually going on there at the Whitmore.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2005, 10:21:00 AM »
On 2005-05-19 07:12:00, Anonymous wrote:

It is not that "the parents don't give a rat's ass."

NAH,...like this.......If, as was with most of us, you send your kid to Whitmore, your at your ropes end..........you've already gone to all lengths........Remember, at this point, these are just allegations...........

NOW, coupled with criminal filings, civil actions and sanctions.......WELL, WELL...now thats totally different.......................
...........AMF

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2005, 01:50:00 AM »
Anon may be correct that some of the parents "may not know what is going on at Whitmore YET." That is the key word in this statement - "YET"

But in time the parents SHOULD become aware that something is terrible wrong when the Sudweeks deny parents contact with THEIR CHILD.

And, when parents are instructed to call THERAPY "school counseling because of the problems the Sudweeks are having with the licensing issue with the State of Utah," then parents SHOULD KNOW THAT SOMETHING IS SERIOUSLY WRONG!
That then becomes the parent's responsiblity to step in and take control of their child's treatment.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2005, 09:17:00 PM »
I have a friend located at Whitmore currently and I care greatly about them. Through all the research i have so far done that place is, well, CRAZY! I went to the website when i first found it and I sensed something wrong with it! The length of the classes, the fact that classes are at night. and My friends picture page, I knew something was wrong when I looked in their eyes. Their parents view this school as something great because their child is now to scared to speak. Im worried to death about my friend and I hope they can make a full recovery once they get back. The school is not doing anything for my friend, they need a large dose of therapy sessions and this school is simply giving group sessions, a method that has been shown is not very effective! I think the school needs to review many of the things they are doing, and so do the parents then possibly they will pull their children out. The fire codes... they had t rebuild new stairs, instead of them hiring a professional they sent a group of kids to rebuild it, child labor?? Who knows this place has to many conspiracys surrounding it, I ust feel bad for the parents once they realize their kid has been screwed up in the head EVEN more they are going to have to pay for all NEW therapy just to get their kid back to normal! This school is doing nothing for the students once they enter into the real world, so why waste the money??

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2005, 12:53:00 AM »
The Sudweeks will always "take the cheap way out" thus the kids and TEACHER VERNE are probably building the staircase. Now it is up to the State Fire Marshall to inspect the staircase and approve it or NOT!
And as far as the GROUP THERAPY GOES: Mark Sudweeks announced in the TRIBUNE that they "are out of the teen help business" so there shouldn't EVEN be group therapy going on at the Whitmore. The Sudweeks are claiming they are an Academic Boarding School PERIOD!!! The Sudweeks do not want the State of Utah to license and regulate them!!!!
Guess not: they are currently still being investigated for fraud, child abuse, child sexual abuse.
The did get issued a permit for a "PRIVATE SCHOOL" but it is WITH CONDITIONS...and to date no one knows what these CONDITIONS ARE, except all the fire code citations and violations. Just what are THESE CONDITIONS???
Perhaps the media can find out and publish them.

The question has been asked too: What happened to Casie's horse that died October 2004? No one has answered that question.  After the case in Canada where Mark Sudweeks was found guilty of gross neglect and animal abuse, and was fined about $150,000 and banned from owning animals for life in Canada---would think people would be concerned about a dead horse right there in Nephi.  Read the transcript:  Regina v Sudweeks

These parents with kids at Whitmore do need to wake up!

Offline Friend of Student

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2005, 01:11:00 AM »
I feel like yes the parents should realize all these things but in a way they are blinded by it. When your child is across the country you cant always "Stop in" and check up on them to see how they are doing and the conditions, these "parent weekends" are just like any workplace's open house, you make your business look amazing even though normally its not that nice and you dont serve those same foods. It seems as though the school would be a great facility to pursue an acting career! I feel bad for these parents because they feel like they are doing the right thing, the only information they are given is by these groups that i am sure get money for each child they refer to the school, so its all positive then once they hear of the negative they cant believe it because by that time they see this "great" change in their child which has taken all the bad out of them... I truly can see the pain and depression in my friends eyes, if you are a woman you will understand what i am talking about, and some men possibly, you can look at that person and just see when something even something so small, is bothering them... I can see it in my friends eyes, they are being controlled and told bs that puts them down, i can see it, its exactly how they would look at me when they were upset about something... I would just like to understand what this "group" session is and subliminials? and has anyone ever read the web blog?!! its ODD, they have the exact same people writing each and every week, it seems like those are the people that are the good kids and love this new family they have found... EXPLAIN PLEASE!!!

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2005, 02:11:00 AM »
Yes, it does seem strange doesn't it:
"I woke up to the beautiful sunshine,and we all skipped down to a wonderful breakfast of cheerios before we went to our fantastic school to enrich our minds until time for our googy grilled cheese sandwiches for lunch! We are are so grateful that Mark and Cheryl provide to well for us......then we had our night classes of science and math before our nutricious dinner of macoroni and cheese. Then we went to Coscos and happily shopped together. We came home and said out prayers and off to dream land."

YEP--only the good kids get to write this BS!!
Think the Suds are going to let some kid who just had GROUP ON HIM write anything? Like, this:
"Had a really bad day. Six kids beat the shit out of me because Cheryl was mad at me. God, I'm hungry. Cheryl wouldn't let me eat today. I'm so tired. We had GROUP from 11 PM until 3AM and then had to be up for Subliminals at 5:30AM. I just want to go home!! I miss school, REAL school. All we do is work here. I'm really depressed all the time, but we don't have therapy any more."
No--only the little Cheryl puppets get to write.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 27, 2005, 09:36:00 AM »
Friend of a Student- kids were not sent to Whitmore to "find a new family!" They already have a family. They were sent to Whitmore for an education and therapy! Not to join some cult-like FAMILY!

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 27, 2005, 10:10:00 AM »
they could not have been sent to get therapy because they dont have the proper permission to administer therapy!! I know they werent sent there to get a new family, of course not, but when someone is telling you everyday of your life your family hates you and never wants you back, but they love you... wouldnt that first get you even MORE depressed then fall to that "new family"???? It makes perfect sense if you think about it...

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 27, 2005, 10:24:00 AM »
First you have to read about and understand the subtle form of brainwashing--it takes place over time and it is a form of "breaking a person down totally," and then building them back up."
It is a mental process--and you fill their mind up with the LOVE of the new family...that the NEW group is there for them, the NEW group is all they need, will love them, accept them, be all they need, comfort them...provide for them. And this NEW FAMILY becomes ALL THEY HAVE--ALL they can believe in, ALL they can depend on. And everything outside this new FAMILY becomes "bad, evil, out to get them, not good etc etc."  It become a THEM AGAINST US mentality. And it works!

And Cheryl Sudweeks using tricks: She pits parents against kids and kids against parents-- and some of this is outrageous lies and evil. "FORMER WHITMORE RESIDENT" posted that Cheryl lied about issues in her family and told her parents things that this girl said she NEVER  said to Cheryl--and it caused EXTREME fraction in her family.  Another "FORMER STUDENT" posts about many lies Cheryl told her parents in an attempt to separate this girl from her family.

There are topics on this forum about cults that you can read.  Whitmore is VERY cult-like. It is spooky.

Offline Friend of Student

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 27, 2005, 09:03:00 PM »
this place is not "cult like" it is a cult!!! These people are changing the minds of these children who are looking for help! They want to change! My friend wanted to get help, they never wanted to move out of the state and across the country but they did want to go to a hospital and talk to someone, they figured they were going to a hospital right in town... Thats the last i ever heard from them, they were depressed and scared, but knew they needed help, this place has taken that "need" inside these kids and turned it into their source of power over them! The kids begin to really think "well this is a place my parents are sending me to make me better so they must be right" then they go along with it all, when you are in that state of mind,you dont always see the right and wrong in things, parents need to just stop sending their kids there!!!

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 28, 2005, 10:21:00 AM »
You are so right "friend..." It is a cult! The Sudweeks are leading your friend and many down a long road of destruction!