Author Topic: Questions for John Mercer  (Read 8840 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Questions for John Mercer
« Reply #15 on: May 17, 2005, 11:24:00 AM »
John,

To make clear at an alumni's request, not All alumni are part of 'MMS Alumni', just some.  I hope you didn't assume that ALL alumni asked these questions, just some.

Thanks- from a percentage of MMS Alumni not equal to 100

-sarah, is this better for you now?
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 17, 2005, 11:33:00 AM »
WE are a group and identify as such, if John wants to know who we are he is free to ask- it should be irrelevant hwoever.  I don't forsee him answering any of these questions tho.  I think the q's are valid though and deserve to be answered- they deserve to be read and understood by eveyone!
for now we are 'a percentage of alumni not equal to 100', thanks sarah fo that- the name is funny.

Regardless of what happens it'll be known if JM was cowardly and did not answer, or finally offered us 'a percentage of alumni not equal to 100' some peace and did.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 17, 2005, 02:29:00 PM »
If I was being asked these questions And I didn't know who Was asking them I wouldn't answer them----If I knew who was asking them I would do my best to answer them as honestly as they are asked.  

Please don't be sarcastic---I support you guys, but I am not included in these questions, and do you know how many sarah's went to MMS. Sarah what?  

I also might not be apt to answer questions that are based in fear especially if people aren't using their names.

Offline sarahf

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 17, 2005, 04:56:00 PM »
this is sarah fontana.
all i am saying is that there is clearly some anger and resentment behind some of the questions being asked and how they are being asked. because i don't have any negative feelings toward mms or the people there, i don't want the assumption made or the idea created that everyone has jumped on this anti-mms bandwagon.
i think whoever has questions for john or whoever, should ask them, just don't make it look like we all have the same questions or concerns.
i wasn't being sarcastic.
thanks.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 17, 2005, 07:19:00 PM »
whats up with the ultra-detailed sexual history?

he un-buttoned my pants, stuck 2 fingers inside me, it hurt, then... that's just plain creepy john

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 18, 2005, 01:54:00 AM »
On 2005-05-17 08:24:00, Anonymous wrote:

"John,

To make clear at an alumni's request, not All alumni are part of 'MMS Alumni', just some.  I hope you didn't assume that ALL alumni asked these questions, just some.

Thanks- from a percentage of MMS Alumni not equal to 100

-sarah, is this better for you now?"

Oh, your clever wit is astounding. Atleast Sarah F had the balls to say what she thought and signed her name. If you're going to try to be oh so very clever and essentially make fun of what she had to say atleast don't be a total coward about it.

Melissa Gower.

Offline katfish

• View Profile
    • http://www.cafety.org
« Reply #21 on: May 18, 2005, 12:32:00 PM »
I thought that was pretty funny- lighten up, i think that everyone understands that 'MMS alumni' doesn't refer to all alumni- wouldn't John know this already? No one is confused about that point.

I understand why you'd prefer to remin annonymous, percentage of alumni not equal to 100, where do I join- I'm in, I'll be the name that people seem to need for whatever reason.  It's Kat.

For the record, the other percentage of MMS alumni that are not part of the percentage of alumni not equal to 100, there are sensible reasons to remain annoynymous- many girls, from what I've read and heard, seem to feel they won't have any MMS alumni friends if they speak up, some may have lawsuits pending and naturally it is best to remain annonymous, some just fear being labeled a bad MMS alumni and are still haunted by that stigma and feelings associated with being labeled as such, and I agree with above that who they are shouldn't matter.  These are valid questions that deserve answers, regardless of who's keyboard they come from.  I know I certainly want to know the answers, I could've written them myself- they are all question marks in my mind and have been since I left MMS.
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has.
Margaret Mead

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 18, 2005, 01:49:00 PM »
I am sorry, but whoever does not agree with this just leave. It's like your making a hobby out of argument! stop defending other girls like "atleast she had the balls"...just shut up...gawd so tired of it.    yes and I mean to  be rude! so tired of lame excuses. "yap yap yap" shut up. and if you feel tired od listendng to us talking about the school and having such anger...oh yeah just LEAVE..i tried to be nice, but i'm so sick of it.

and with that "alumni signature" duh John knows its not from all allumni...don't just write things to tick people off.     also just because your willing to write your name under your post doesn't make you supper man. stop bagging about the fact that you decide to write your name and we don't...you want applause   "bravo" bravo" for you.   gawd same old mms shit. and you prob want credit from John and the school for defending them. Bravo for, for stiking up for something that is just bluntly wrong.

The truth shall be spoken.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 18, 2005, 02:08:00 PM »
thanks for that kat you sadi it all, not worth a reply from me.

anyway, it's been 2 days and no reply from John.

We're waiting, Mr. John Mercer.

from
kat and a percentage of MMS Alumni not equal to 100

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 18, 2005, 07:14:00 PM »
"a percentage of MMS Alumni not equal to 100"

Not that it matters anymore because you guys have already sent this e-mail---But what does this statement mean?  Really I don't want an answer....I am just saying it feels mocking to people like me that wouldn't want to be asking these questions.  

And I think giving your names is out of respect and,  and I truely beleive that is why you are not getting a response.  

If you want a response form John, first get over all of the high energy around this think of what your questions are exactly, get clear and then call him or write a letter, or an e-mail, a personal call or letter, and then sign your name.  I am positive that he would respond.

Again Know one needs to get defensive towards me I am not a threat to what you guys are trying to do.  

And for who ever said this:

"for stiking up for something that is just bluntly wrong."

How do you know what is wrong? evidently  Melissa thought it right-and she has earned he spot here too.  And if I got a letter from a bunch of anonymous people and I kinda new who some of them were I would probable read and it and not respond.

These are some observations---Much hope being sent to you all.

Offline katfish

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 18, 2005, 07:35:00 PM »
John,

please explain your qualifications for dealing with troubled teens?

What kind of training have you received that would qualify you to bring back repressed memories?

Why did you push addictions on girls who were not addicts?

How do you suppose intimidation 24hours day 7 days week) is better form of therapy than love and care?

How do you justify having girls work on the school, building fences, wood chopping, shovleling shit, etc at a school for that's for profit and that you directly benefit from?

How do you explain the lack of quality education? Several girls taught themselves subjects like algebra, functions, etc... And the lack of study of the outside world?

How do you explain tactics of humiliation and pain as beneficial, carrying rocks on back (each metaphor for issue- causing physical damage), wearing sign to humiliate, pointing out things, for instance, a child may be wearing an outfit that's not age apporpriate and forcing that child to wear something for the purpose of humiliating them into behaving as you wish them to- how does this emotional break down work in phsychological terms and how is this beneficial?
How do you suppose coercive tactics such as these create a well-adjusted being?
What studies have been done?

Please explain nightmares some girls have about not being allowed to leave to school after 10 years.

How is it beneficial (other than mind control) to have girls think that if they had not been sent to MMS they would have died? How is this in any way accutrate? (you know, tranquility bay does the same thing)

Why did you have to smirk and act like such a narcassitic jerk if your intention was to help?

What kind of benifits come from girls desperately seeking your approval (aside from stroking your ego)?

Why did Gary seem to disapprove of you and Mike Finn's form of therapy?

What were Mike Finns qualifications?

kat
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has.
Margaret Mead

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 18, 2005, 08:12:00 PM »
I don't even fucking like John, in fact I hate him. I don't talk to any staff at the school and haven't in years. I don't care about what John, Colleen or anyone else there thinks of me now. I don't want any "bravos" from anyone, and if I need to "lighten up" so do all of you crying about someone having a different opinion than you. You clearly didn't read what I had to say because I made it clear I don't care to defend the school and I certainly don't care if I am or am not included in the "MMS Alumi" signature. My point is if someone is going to just be blatantly rude and make fun of someone atleast make it known who you are. I have no problems with saying anything to anyone, and I'm not scared of that person knowing who I am. This is really getting pathetic. You all know if this was real life you wouldn't be saying these things because you are clearly cowards. Just because you can hide behind a computer screen you decide you can get all big and put everyone down. This doesn't apply to everyone clearly, as anyone who has anything honest and legitimate to say I fully support. Sorry if you're offended that I'm being "rude", but so are many other people. I'm sorry if I'm not going to just jump on the bandwagon of talking badly about those who had a good experience. In the end, even though I had a bad experience at MMS I would rather remain on the side of those who say what they have to say and don't try to hide behind anything. I'd rather associate with people with backbone and integrity than pathetic cowards and I don't care if they like MMS or not. Say what you want but I stand by everything I just said and nothing is going to change that. Initially it was nice to talk to other girls from MMS and hear what people had to say but this has become something totally different now, and I don't have time for this childishness. Either do something or don't, but don't just keep whining about it.

Melissa Gower.

Offline katfish

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 18, 2005, 09:18:00 PM »
This is silly, but-

Sarah F, you pointing out what you pointed out was like saying the sky is blue- just to ruffle feathers and way out of line.

Melissa G, um, relax?  and yes, lighten up.   don't even understand what your problem is.

I am personally not intolerant of people that got something good or had an overall good experience at MMS.  It is the girls that are unreasonable that annoy me.  been talking to several former MMSers with good experiences- but they are reasonable.  As far as I'm concerned no reasonable person can walk away from MMS and say all was ok- it simply was not and that's very much real. Too many stories, too many stories to pretend anymore and continue with the charade.  The covers been blown.  Even girls who thought MMS was good for them with whom I've spoken with agree there were messed up things about it.  I have the utmost respect for those ladies and even understand- I was challenged phsycally in way I never would have been and for that I am grateful...  

And the cowardly thing- way low.  Low blow- you're very mean.  I suspect those you call cowardly would not choose to have you in their life either.

For the record, I don't see any girl willing to take a stand as a coward. the forum is not the place where taking a stand and  where revealing your identity will do the most benefit.  They'll get there and face their fear, MG- sounds like theres a pretty good amount of clarity about the situation here. The forum is for whining and apparently for being mean and fighting too- nothing is really going to change through this- maybe a few parents will think twice about MMS, but real change happens outside of here.  It's what's happening now and I am guessing no where around you, MG- meaning you're not a part of it.  

kat
Margaret Mead

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 19, 2005, 06:27:00 PM »
i'm confused melissa didnt say that the school was ok, she said she had a bad experience and she said that what she said didn't apply to those being honest and stuff. she was saying that she is annoyed by the unreasonable people too just the people on the other side of the coin. you guys both seem angry about the same thing and both probably need to lighten up.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 19, 2005, 06:48:00 PM »
Yap - everyone is losing the point of what this forum was about in the first place.

Girls harmed by MMS who were looking for support!