Author Topic: Questions for John Mercer  (Read 8844 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Questions for John Mercer
« on: May 16, 2005, 12:39:00 PM »
John, please explain your qualifications for dealing with troubled teens?

What kind of training have you received that would qualify you to bring back repressed memories?

Why did you push addictions on girls who were not addicts?

How do you suppose intimidation 24hours day 7 days week) is better form of therapy than love and care?

How do you justify having girls work on the school, building fences, wood chopping, shovleling shit, etc  at a school for that's for profit and that you directly benefit from?

How do you explain the lack of quality education?  Several girls taught themselves subjects like algebra, functions, etc... And the lack of study of the outside world?

How do you explain tactics of humiliation and pain as beneficial, carrying rocks on back (each metaphor for issue- causing physical damage), wearing sign to humiliate, pointing out things, for instance, a child may be wearing an outfit that's not age apporpriate and forcing that child to wear something for the purpose of humiliating them into behaving as you wish them to- how does this emotional break down work in phsychological terms and how is this beneficial?
How do you suppose coercive tactics such as these create a well-adjusted being?
What studies have been done?

Please explain nightmares some girls have about not being allowed to leave to school after 10 years.

How is it beneficial (other than mind control) to have girls think that if they had not been sent to MMS they would have died? How is this in any way accutrate?  (you know, tranquility bay does the same thing)

Why did you have to smirk and act like such a narcassitic jerk if your intention was to help?

What kind of benifits come from girls desperately seeking your approval (aside from stroking your ego)?

Why did Gary seem to disapprove of you and Mike Finn's form of therapy?

What were Mike Finns qualifications?

anything else anyone want to add?  I plan on sending these questions to john and posting his response, let's see what he has to say... Would be nice to have an answer.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2005, 01:54:00 PM »
I don't think I have anything to add, but I would also really appreciate answers to these questions.  Honest answers.  Do you think he'll really reply?  I hope so.  Maybe if we all try to get ahold of him, maybe he'll make some sort of a statement about the whole thing.  The more I'm reading this stuff, the more I'm tending to agree that some of the stuff he did was not appropriate at all, and I'd also like to hear his reasons for his actions at MMS.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2005, 07:11:00 PM »
I have a question: why would doing your yard work bring us together as a community?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2005, 07:21:00 PM »
I would like to know how being forced to believe in  what MMS preaches translates into real change if their is no real freedom of choice or free will involved?  
It's set up so it seems like their is 'personal responsibility' taken, but in reality their is no personal choice or responsibility- like you can always run away ( if you overcome your fear of being out in the middle of the woods and sacrifice your families love and are told you will greet certain death).  

So, again, how does on take personal responsibility when their is no real accountability in the program (with the staff)?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2005, 07:26:00 PM »
I would like to know why we're all still afraid/intimidated by you and Colleen?  And how that's healthy?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2005, 08:07:00 PM »
I will be sending MMS a link to this post with the following message:

Colleen.

We don't have John's e-mail address, will you please forward the following questions to John so that us MMS alumni can have some understanding of what we experienced?

Thanks,

MMS alumni

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2005, 09:48:00 PM »
They're not going to answer you-  but if they don't I wonder how anyone will be able to stick by them.  I think if they want to hold up with inregrity they should answer our quesions. I thought those were good questions that i would like to see answered too.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2005, 10:44:00 PM »
Why are you guys still intimidated by them?? We are all adults now, meaning, we're virtually on the same level.  They aren't big scary people who are going to make you sleep in a tent tonight.  We all have our own lives now and shouldn't let anyone intimidate us!

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2005, 10:46:00 PM »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2005, 09:25:00 AM »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2005, 09:29:00 AM »
John, I have a questions.  whats up with the after-care plan?  After I left MMS no on would really take the time to talk to me.

I was so shell shocked- for years and it felt like you guys couldn't care less!

Offline katfish

• View Profile
    • http://www.cafety.org
« Reply #11 on: May 17, 2005, 09:41:00 AM »
John,

Please explain how using 12 step porgrams exclusively is useful when they promotes dependency (on God, but especiialy on the groups themselves) instead of self-reliance?

ie, have to attend certain meetings and if you don't you will likely drink/drug and die- you have to follow the steps or risk almost certain death...(I personally would consider more progressive alternatives like smartrecovery.com that instead promote self-reliance.)  It is unfortunate that this is given as the only (fear based) option, but that I personally kept going to meetings on and off for years until I realized I didn't need them (i wasn't an addict) and I instead needed to simply care for myself, respect myself, aknowledge my capabilities and learn to rely on them again.
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has.
Margaret Mead

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 17, 2005, 09:46:00 AM »
I sure hope you answer the questions above.  i think it would help a lot of us out a great deal if maybe these tactics were explained to us and our voices heard we could understand why we still have nightmares.

Offline sarahf

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 17, 2005, 10:03:00 AM »
i would rather you didn't sign this email to john and colleen on behalf of all mms alumni which is how it reads.
it's unfair for you to presume that we all feel the same way.
thanks.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 17, 2005, 10:41:00 AM »
Here Here- If your going to send an e-mail to John  with these question you better be ready to sign your names----I support you all doing that.... I have a lot of faith in you  guys even though I don't feel the say way---If you want to have any affect and be honest you have to sign your names on the e-mail

-Peace