Author Topic: Fair Oaks Hospital in Summit, NJ?  (Read 68610 times)

Offline akorive

• View Profile
Re: Fair Oaks Hospital in Summit, NJ?
« Reply #45 on: August 13, 2011, 04:21:11 PM »
i was there from 1/5/88 to 4/4/88. friggen crazy place that to me know almost was run like a scientologist org (albeit they gave a crap load of drugs). I was 18 and state committed there and basically brainwashed. then sent to MN as part of their cow herding tactics for more scamming of money for another 6 months or so. nathan fears had some scam with "after care" programs in MN that were overcrowded, dirty, and TOTALLY dsyfunctional. I still have mental anguish over that time frame and the crooks that ran those establishments.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline bass57

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 16, 2012, 08:17:17 AM »
Hi

My name is Andrea and i was in Fair Oaks in Nov 93... There was a staff member there named Rose who really had an impact on me and I have been thinking about her a lot lately for some reason...I never knew her last name unfortunately ...so i can't do a search or anything..i only knew her first name and birthday...she was the only one who really seemed to care as my first 4 days there i was crying and then broke my toe and she was the only staff member to ask if i was alright and fixed my toe...anyway i know this sounds crazy but i would love to get in touch with her to thank her for so much ...So i was wondering if anyone that was in there remembers her at all?  she had short reddish hair green eyes...etc.. sorry i know thats not a good description I believe she ran the adolescent unit and did group therapy.. etc...

Thank you
Andrea
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline sami420

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 08, 2015, 11:20:34 AM »
Ok, I was 16 years old when I was put in that disgusting place for weed, oh you saw it, weed. Ty all the people who gave me cigs from the mental unit. That being said, I stayed there 28 days. I did not comply with any of their bs. I refused to say I was a drunk, uh cause I didn't drink. I still don't. I was made fun of because I was there for weed. I saw more crap in that place then i ever saw in life. I saw this kid jesse run away and I was so jealous. I was put in the quiet room, ugh. restrained to a bed because I was a teenager. They falsely dx me with hep b, and swore I had sex with a junkie, Uh no I said, assholes, no hep b. My roomates told on me for having cigs, they can go f themselves too. I was put in the Lingle house in mn in 1991, around may, I was in fair oaks april of 91. I stayed at that mf place 9 months. Endured alot of bs. The girls were mostly the c word. I never got my allowance and I refused to admit a damn thing. In jan 92 I was able to go home for the holiday in dec, at that time I told my parents get me out or I'll blow that place up. I meant it. I'm a very non violent person, so thank god I got out. 9months of my life stolen.Funny now, I'm a nj mmp, I have fibro, prob had it all along.So at 40, I mad my mother pay the 200 for my mmp card. A nice I told you so and a big FU. FYI, I am an RN. So I got my education. The MD I see has me on more drugs then I ever took in the 90s. Go figure. I just wanted to share. I smoke everyday since I left that pos place and I'm fine. F Them

Offline Newleaf512

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 08, 2015, 06:14:19 PM »
I have the dubious distinction of being the in patient with the longest tenure clocking in over a year from 1983 through 1984. My BPD mother was looking to dump me, I remember Elvis, smoking by the pool table and bizarrely watching "The Wall" on movie night one night. I'll go into detail more soon.

I also remember lining up to eat and David Crosby from CSNY being there and him saying disgusting things to me.

I was released and 2 months later I became the very first victim, I mean student at the John Dewey Academy JDA where Tom Bratter molested me frequently.

Offline sami420

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 09, 2015, 03:04:42 PM »
That place wrecked lives. I'm sorry for anyone who had to be there at all. ???

Offline Newleaf512

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: September 17, 2015, 09:00:33 PM »
In the time I was there I also remember Elvis. This was in part of 84. One of the other things I remember is of the many roommates I had, one of them was there for smoking pcp which she explained she called Sherman sticks.

I also remember as a privilege some girl had a guitar and wrote songs about not using drugs and we were allowed out of the hospital to go to (I think) schools and put on a little singing performance and then talk to the other students about drugs. As I had never used drugs I found it odd they chose me.

I was there for so long, and had so much medication (remember having to take the medication and then open my mouth) I was a zombie.

There is so much that I can not recall but there was a boy there, his initials are BM and he was there for doing graffiti and if I can remember correctly was from Pennsylvania someplace and ran away once.
I remember another boy whose name I don't remember. I believe he was there for OCD and he was fixated on all things religious.

Does anyone know how I can obtain all my medical records? 

Offline bass57

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 10, 2015, 05:41:11 AM »
Newleaf512   I know FOH destroys medical records after a certain amount of time has passed.. (as do most hospitals) if you were in different hospitals you could try calling them and asking and if they have them there is a fee you are probably going to have to pay to get them...anyway hope that helps some.