Author Topic: some specific staff members  (Read 39141 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
some specific staff members
« Reply #60 on: April 26, 2006, 03:40:00 PM »
On 2006-04-26 10:41:00, NOT12NOW wrote:

"

As far as my sister, as soon as she was allowed to  go home, she started writing "the Seed Sucks" all over the neighborhood. She was a real anomaly, entirely resistant to indoctrination.."

Interesting so they eventually gave up and let her go home?  Did she graduate?

I don't remember. I KNOW she never graduated (although I did) and I KNOW she never "got with the program" except in the most marginal way. I think there was a moment when they kinda made a special exception for her (like someone might for a retarded kid, or something), and let her go home. And then she ran away, and never came back (she did a stint at the Ocala State School after that).

[ This Message was edited by: GregFL on 2006-04-26 19:32 ]
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline NOT12NOW

• View Profile
« Reply #61 on: April 26, 2006, 07:06:00 PM »
You are sisters, right? So she was sitting quite near you on the front row.

I love the story about how she lobed ice cubes at the rows behind her.   I love to hear about kids who fought back, sometimes I wish I had fought back too, but all in all I am glad I  protected myself the best way I knew how, invisibility and compliance.  I quickly figured out that I was dealing with an unbeatable force.  Kept my head down, my hand up and got through as fast as I could.

Cleveland chick 76-77[ This Message was edited by: NOT12NOW on 2006-04-26 16:10 ]
leveland chick 76-77

Offline landyh

• View Profile
« Reply #62 on: April 26, 2006, 09:39:00 PM »
On 2006-04-25 12:32:00, GregFL wrote:

"Thanks Landy.  You know, sometimes when I talk to people I see things that are almost imperceptable to the average person.  An inflection maybe, a certain language style...".  The only people I really talk to about this stuff are my sister, my best friend, (who doesn't really get it), and of course, you people on this forum.

"

Funny I kind of feel like someone who went through something kinda unimaginable to most people much like the girl I mentioned. But your thoughts here made me think about how I was feeling after this somewhat revelatory conversation I had. Mostly about how this girl has always seemed a little bit distant to me. I had always thought she didn't really like me (telling as well) but her disclosure made me look at her behavior in an entirely different way. Also I found it interesting to watch how she literally came to life as she started describing her experiences in Safe. Much worse really in many ways than mine at the Seed but in the end I could see it coming even before she said "but it probably saved my life" and I got that same sick feeling in my stomach that began with my initial experience with this forum as I started to recognize how much I may have been fooling myself. Seeing it in someone else made it all the more obvious. I generally don't talk about my experiences outside of here except in passing to AA friends and of course my sister who was there with me. Funny though but before I found this place I don't think we had discussed our mutual experiences in over 25 years
Take Care
Whatever thou put his hand to do it with all thy might\" King Solomon

Offline landyh

• View Profile
« Reply #63 on: April 26, 2006, 09:53:00 PM »
On 2006-04-25 16:35:00, Anonymous wrote:

Oh, did you talk about the Seed on Skipper Chuck? My sis did. They really loved the novelty of a 10- or 11-year-old "druggie."  Hmm, I must have seen you in 72. I went in voluntarily in 72 (well, I did whatever my dad said, "voluntarily," let's put it that way). Of course, I was a barely-noticeable, very-compliant and very-dorky little thing -- so no one even bothered to harass me!  :smile: You sound more like my sister (who was also getting quite "non-compliant" at 12).  "

Skipper Chuck did a little mini interview with me and asked about my "druggie past". We were anomalies to be into drugs so young back then. I thought it was pretty cool in one way but I remember being a little concerned about being percieved as a narc by my old friends even though I didn't talk about anybody specifically on the show other than myself. I would think I would have had to have seen you in 72' but I can't remember anybody that young. There was one 12 year old boy that I took home with me for a night and I don't remember why he didn't stay any longer. Don't remember his name either. sigh! As to being non-compliant. Well I went in the second time very angry and rebellious but it didn't take me long (that and a failed escape) to see that I wouldn't get out of there if I didn't talk the talk. In the end though I bought back into it and that is probably what troubles me most now.

[ This Message was edited by: GregFL on 2006-04-26 19:28 ]

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #64 on: April 27, 2006, 11:17:00 PM »
On 2006-04-26 18:53:00, landyh wrote:

Skipper Chuck did a little mini interview with me and asked about my "druggie past". We were anomalies to be into drugs so young back then. I thought it was pretty cool in one way but I remember being a little concerned about being percieved as a narc by my old friends even though I didn't talk about anybody specifically on the show other than myself. I would think I would have had to have seen you in 72' but I can't remember anybody that young. There was one 12 year old boy that I took home with me for a night and I don't remember why he didn't stay any longer. Don't remember his name either. sigh! As to being non-compliant. Well I went in the second time very angry and rebellious but it didn't take me long (that and a failed escape) to see that I wouldn't get out of there if I didn't talk the talk. In the end though I bought back into it and that is probably what troubles me most now.

[ This Message was edited by: GregFL on 2006-04-26 19:28 ]"

Were you there when the Miami Seed moved to Ft. Lauderdale? That's the exact time frame when we were there. Like I've said, I wouldn't have been noticed much, but I think you'd remember my sister, because she'd make such scenes. Little brunette. She used to sit on her hands to avoid holding hands during singing, and the other kids would more or less "hold hands by force" with her.

As far as selling out, my sister still accuses me (lovingly) of being a sellout. We have a sense of humor about all of it. I say, "I was just playing along!" And she says, "NO, you were really INTO IT."  Geez, maybe I was. It's hard to tell, at that age. I'm not hard on myself about it though. We were kids (so were you!).

Offline landyh

• View Profile
« Reply #65 on: April 28, 2006, 04:41:00 PM »

Were you there when the Miami Seed moved to Ft. Lauderdale? That's the exact time frame when we were there. Like I've said, I wouldn't have been noticed much, but I think you'd remember my sister, because she'd make such scenes. Little brunette. She used to sit on her hands to avoid holding hands during singing, and the other kids would more or less "hold hands by force" with her.

As far as selling out, my sister still accuses me (lovingly) of being a sellout. We have a sense of humor about all of it. I say, "I was just playing along!" And she says, "NO, you were really INTO IT."  Geez, maybe I was. It's hard to tell, at that age. I'm not hard on myself about it though. We were kids (so were you!).

"

I sort of remember some talk at the time about the blimp hanger closing and being somewhat dismayed or saddened by it. I can't remember your sister from your description but in spite of having a pretty good memory about alot of things I have noticed that my seed memories are fuzzy in several areas. Every once in a while someone will come in here and say something that triggers a whole bunch of old memories for me. If you and your sister were there when I was and cute I would have noticed both of you.LOL! I keep thinking I don't remember any girls that young but maybe you didn't look that young? Someone who really stood out to me was a black guy that was almost 7' tall. Seems I remember him watching the door for obvious reasons (no one would try to get past him) and that the rumor was he was going to be a pro basketball player. Can't remember if it was drugs or an injury that derailed his aspirations.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #66 on: April 28, 2006, 11:12:00 PM »
Someone who really stood out to me was a black guy that was almost 7' tall. Seems I remember him watching the door for obvious reasons (no one would try to get past him) and that the rumor was he was going to be a pro basketball player. Can't remember if it was drugs or an injury that derailed his aspirations. "

Was that the staff member Arthur?

Offline landyh

• View Profile
« Reply #67 on: April 29, 2006, 01:17:00 AM »

Was that the staff member Arthur?  "

I am not sure. While Arthur's name seems vaguely familiar as well as some of the stories I have seen here about him I don't know if they could be the same person or not. Since I don't specifically remember Arthur it's hard to tell and somehow I got the impression, which could be wrong, that Arthur was somewhat older. I think the guy I am talking about was around 27. Even that I am not sure of.
The thing about this guy that was most memorable was his size. I had never seen anybody that big before (nor many since). I think he might have had jail over his head when he came to the seed and possibly came from Georgia and was soft spoken. Wasn't Arthur from New York?

Offline TRUCKER

• View Profile
« Reply #68 on: April 29, 2006, 12:18:00 PM »
Yes,that was Authur. His heart was as big as he was. He was intimidating due to his size.

TRUCKER

Offline landyh

• View Profile
« Reply #69 on: April 29, 2006, 04:09:00 PM »
On 2006-04-29 09:18:00, TRUCKER wrote:

"Yes,that was Authur. His heart was as big as he was. He was intimidating due to his size.

TRUCKER"

Thanks for clearing that up. Was my memory serving me well in thinking he was at one time an NBA or at least full scholarship college level hopeful? Seems to me he had a bad knee injury.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #70 on: April 29, 2006, 08:33:00 PM »
If you and your sister were there when I was and cute I would have noticed both of you.LOL! I keep thinking I don't remember any girls that young but maybe you didn't look that young?

Well, I was a dorky 12-year-old redhead, if that rings a bell.   :smile:

Offline lonewolf

• View Profile
Re: some specific staff members
« Reply #71 on: May 11, 2012, 11:53:51 PM »
One person on this post seems to have total recall of staff members from St.Pete......I knew all those staff...as I was there for awhile....Once the names were mentioned, it was like a flashback....damm